• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots News

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its definitely truly and I would guess illegal. I imagine that stuff happens often.
I got picked up during then largest drug bust in history. There were 16 guys arrested, 15 in one county, one in another.
2 cells, 8 to a cell, i filled out the 16th perfectly - except I had nothing to do with this.
The cop that checked the evidence in made some "errors" 40 tons went missing from evidence lock-up facility.
The cop went on to become a rancher on his new 2000 acre ranch......
I was in the cell with one of the leaders. He told me, "we'll be out tomorrow morning"
The 16 guys? An attorney walked in the next day and posted $16 million cash bail.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got picked up during then largest drug bust in history. There were 16 guys arrested, 15 in one county, one in another.
2 cells, 8 to a cell, i filled out the 16th perfectly - except I had nothing to do with this.
The cop that checked the evidence in made some "errors" 40 tons went missing from evidence lock-up facility.
I was in the cell with one of the leaders. He told me, "we'll be out tomorrow morning"
The 16 guys? An attorney walked in the next day and posted $16 million cash bail.
I have been in...situations...that to this day I don't know how, but I know that if I was completely innocent, I would not have been lumped in with the others.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next time, taker her through Old Orchard to Camp Ellis. There's a seasonal restaurant called Huot's that's been there since the 1940's.

I can eat fried clams without a bad response and I never miss a chance to have their clam cakes. My wife says that their lobster rolls are to die for.
The truth? I've been eating there since I was off the breast. Never changes. Same family, same recipes. I just might make the 75 mile drive and break my diet this weekend.

I will I know the Old Orchard area

Depending where you are, I always see "Red's Eats", which is in Wiscasset (a little further of the coast from Bath) listed as the best place in Maine. I've never been, but it's on my list. I can vouch for Huot's too. I grew up in Saco (Camp Ellis is a village that is part of Saco) and make a point of getting to Huots at least annually. There's also a couple places near Hampton/Seabrook NH that are pretty good. Brown's comes to mind...
I've been working with my sibs to sell my Dad's house in Saco for the past two months. Closing is this upcoming Friday. Starting the first time we got together to work through the different chores, I picked something for lunch that touched on nostalgia, The first week was the local hamburger joint that started in the 60's as a food truck. The next time it was an out of the way sub shop that unquestionably has the best Maine Italian sandwiches (why they are distinct to Maine is another topic, but BK is certainly in "the know" on this). Last time was supposed to be "Bill's Pizza from Old Orchard, but one sib was having Pizza that night and broke the streak so we had ordinary sandwiches that week.

Yesterday when lunch was approaching my sister asked, "you started the nostalgia kick, "where to" today.... One word reply "HUOTS!". No replies. Just wide open eyes with smiles.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you're missing out. If you ever get back to NE put it on your list. They're a little spendy but worth it. Chunks of lobster meat already peeled in cleaned. Normally in a toasted NE hot dog bun. Maybe a little lettuce and celery. My wife is from the left coast. When we visit NE we're not allowed to leave until she has at least one. That and pizza, but we'll save that for a different day.
The real pros make a lobster roll from the body meat, not the claws or tail. They also use the legs. We used to put cooked legs through an old washing machine set of rollers. Run about three hundred legs and you'll hve a half pound of leg meat. Most people will never eat the body meat, going straight for the claws and tail, but the body meat is much richer and even more flavorful than the big meat.

I can't say personally, lobster makes me violently sick. I love the taste but the first bite comes back out before i can take the second one. I've tried twice and my stomach rejects it with extreme force.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little interesting tidbit:

4 of 8 2020 Opt Outs No Longer With Patriots

The 2021 New England Patriots appear, on paper, to be much better than the 2020 team. Last season, New England was strapped for cash in a tight salary cap situation. This season, Bill Belichick was the biggest spender in free agency, stocking up at tight end, wide receiver and linebacker.

Belichick was also aggressive in the draft, staying put to take a quarterback at the No. 15 pick and trading up in the second round to get defensive tackle Christian Barmore. It was a big offseason for the Patriots.

Perhaps that is, in part, why the roster is seeing turnover, including players who didn’t play in 2020. Eight Patriots opted out due to the COVID-19 pandemic. At least four of those eight players won’t be with the team this season.

Safety Patrick Chung retired, tackle Marcus Cannon went to the Houston Texans in a trade and wide receiver Marqise Lee and offensive lineman Najee Toran were cut. That leaves Dont’a Hightower, Brandon Bolden, Matt LaCosse and Danny Vitale as the players who sat out last season and are still with the team.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real pros make a lobster roll from the body meat, not the claws or tail. They also use the legs. We used to put cooked legs through an old washing machine set of rollers. Run about three hundred legs and you'll hve a half pound of leg meat. Most people will never eat the body meat, going straight for the claws and tail, but the body meat is much richer and even more flavorful than the big meat.

I can't say personally, lobster makes me violently sick. I love the taste but the first bite comes back out before i can take the second one. I've tried twice and my stomach rejects it with extreme force.
There is not one tiny piece of meat left from the lobster when I am done.
Washing machine? LOL!
I personally watced my roommate get sick trying to eat lobster. Not a pretty sight. Violent!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There isn't a lot of meat in the body, but what's in there is exactly as you describe. To an individual, excavating through the entire lobster to get measly morsels may not seem worth it. But for a shop experienced with "processing lobsters", it's worth the few moments to pull out the "free pieces" for the lobster rolls, then sell the tail and claws whole for a premium, or as part of dishes where larger chunks are desirable. It's such a win, win for those working with hundreds of lobsters.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a lot of meat in the body, but what's in there is exactly as you describe. To an individual, excavating through the entire lobster to get measly morsels may not seem worth it. But for a shop experienced with "processing lobsters", it's worth the few moments to pull out the "free pieces" for the lobster rolls, then sell the tail and claws whole for a premium, or as part of dishes where larger chunks are desirable. It's such a win, win for those working with hundreds of lobsters.
It's also a win-win if you are the guy eating his one lobster!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little interesting tidbit:

4 of 8 2020 Opt Outs No Longer With Patriots

The 2021 New England Patriots appear, on paper, to be much better than the 2020 team. Last season, New England was strapped for cash in a tight salary cap situation. This season, Bill Belichick was the biggest spender in free agency, stocking up at tight end, wide receiver and linebacker.

Belichick was also aggressive in the draft, staying put to take a quarterback at the No. 15 pick and trading up in the second round to get defensive tackle Christian Barmore. It was a big offseason for the Patriots.

Perhaps that is, in part, why the roster is seeing turnover, including players who didn’t play in 2020. Eight Patriots opted out due to the COVID-19 pandemic. At least four of those eight players won’t be with the team this season.

Safety Patrick Chung retired, tackle Marcus Cannon went to the Houston Texans in a trade and wide receiver Marqise Lee and offensive lineman Najee Toran were cut. That leaves Dont’a Hightower, Brandon Bolden, Matt LaCosse and Danny Vitale as the players who sat out last season and are still with the team.
Make that 5. Dan Vitale is gone.

Troy Fumagalli signed.​

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin_logo.gif
Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin
Height: 6-4. Weight: 247. Arm: 32.25. Hand: 9.63.
Projected 40 Time: 4.75.
Projected Round (2018): 4-6.

4/24/18: Fumagalli recorded 46 catches for 547 yards and four touchdowns in 2017, but he also missed time with a leg injury. Fumagalli illustrated that he is a good route-runner with hands, athleticism, and quickness to hurt defenses as a receiver. He also did well as a blocker. However, he didn't finish the season as well as he started it and also was underwhelming at the Senior Bowl.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin_logo.gif
Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin
Height: 6-4. Weight: 247. Arm: 32.25. Hand: 9.63.
Projected 40 Time: 4.75.
Projected Round (2018): 4-6.

4/24/18: Fumagalli recorded 46 catches for 547 yards and four touchdowns in 2017, but he also missed time with a leg injury. Fumagalli illustrated that he is a good route-runner with hands, athleticism, and quickness to hurt defenses as a receiver. He also did well as a blocker. However, he didn't finish the season as well as he started it and also was underwhelming at the Senior Bowl.
I remember him at Wisconsin he was good. When they are on I like to watch the badgers because they always have great O Line play and I do remember him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOSTON (CBS) — If one thing is clear, it’s that Julio Jones will have a new team sometime in the very near future. The New England Patriots are now the betting favorites to be that new team.

Rumors of Jones ending up in New England have been growing louder and bigger over the last few weeks, and now Odds Shark has the Patriots as the favorites to land the veteran wide receiver.

In odds released by the site on Wednesday, the Patriots are -105 to acquire Jones this offseason. The Tennessee Titans are second at +275, with the Baltimore Ravens next in line at +300.

Jones has made it clear that his days in Atlanta are done, and according to NBC Sports’ Chris Simms, the receiver would prefer to end up in New England or Tennessee. Jones also reportedly wants to catch passes from Patriots quarterback Cam Newton.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be a long weekend.....

ESPN Boston writes that rookie Mac Jones has been impressing his coaches and teammates at OTAs.

The Boston Globe writes about how Hunter Henry’s skills have been on full display at voluntary workouts.

Boston.com discusses 5 takeaways from the practice field at OTAs the past week.

NBC Boston writes about when Julio Jones might be traded and what it would cost.