• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NE Patriots and 2021 Free Agents

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know.

They would laugh in the Patriots face and say,

alec baldwin trump GIF by Saturday Night Live

Not sure they would take White either....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?
I'm thinking Gilmore is on his way out, Stiddy is useless and White is easily replaced.
And Watson is a really good QB.

When healthy.
I guess I would if they would go for it which they won't.

I just have issues thinking three players are worth one and I can't see Casario falling for that.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I would if they would go for it which they won't.

I just have issues thinking three players are worth one and I can't see Casario falling for that.
Not directing this back to YR, but the topic as a whole. Any conversation/speculation should be good, but I don't see the value of bantering about transactions that are unrealistic. Why not trade Folk for Watson, one potential MVP for another? How about the three past #1s for Watson? Maybe our three kickers? These are all fascinating options to discuss.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad no one is talking about "why" Watson is pissed off.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he wasn't given the opportunity to provide input on who they did or did not hire evidently.
Which seems bizarre that he would have any say.

Never good when you ask someone for their opinion or tell them they have a say - then don't. It was stupid to tell him he'd have a say, IMHO.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he wasn't given the opportunity to provide input on who they did or did not hire evidently.
Which seems bizarre that he would have any say.
First thing he did was tell McNair to hire Eric Biennemy as HC and the Easterby said "NO!" Now he's pissed about the 'process' of hiring Nick Caserio. In other words, BLM doesn't matter when the owner is signing a $15M a year paycheck. He hiring whoever the f*ck he wants to hire and to hell with any formal process.

Watson's contract is too rich for anyone but the Jets and Jags. NE will nt give up four first round picks for him even if their #32. Here's hoping that the jets jump into this. Watson thought things sucked in Houston? New York ain't much prettier.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing he did was tell McNair to hire Eric Biennemy as HC and the Easterby said "NO!" Now he's pissed about the 'process' of hiring Nick Caserio. In other words, BLM doesn't matter when the owner is signing a $15M a year paycheck. He hiring whoever the f*ck he wants to hire and to hell with any formal process.

Watson's contract is too rich for anyone but the Jets and Jags. NE will nt give up four first round picks for him even if their #32. Here's hoping that the jets jump into this. Watson thought things sucked in Houston? New York ain't much prettier.
Did Watson actually mention the BLM movement as part of his dissatisfaction?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Chatham brought up a good point.. Or at least I think it was him and they were talking about it this AM on weei..

The last 8 or so teams with the highest paid WR on their roster didn't make the post season. Or 6 of 8, something like that. Don't throw money at Allen III or whoever..

You could get a TY Hilton, Ertz and another WR for $20 million don't blow it on a WR.

Besides the Patriots have no QB so you could have the best WR in the game and it wouldn't matter

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Chatham brought up a good point.. Or at least I think it was him and they were talking about it this AM on weei..

The last 8 or so teams with the highest paid WR on their roster didn't make the post season. Or 6 of 8, something like that. Don't throw money at Allen III or whoever..

You could get a TY Hilton, Ertz and another WR for $20 million don't blow it on a WR.

Besides the Patriots have no QB so you could have the best WR in the game and it wouldn't matter
That's why it is a team sport.
Best WR is squat without a accurately thrown ball. Best QB isn't worth a dang without a WR that has good hands.
Bets QB WR combo is shit if the QB is on his back. A predictable offense isn't going to the playoffs without an honest run game.
A high powered offense cannot win it all without a defense that can keep the offense on the field.

Better to be really good at all positions than great at a few.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best WR is squat without a accurately thrown ball. Best QB isn't worth a dang without a WR that has good hands.
Bets QB WR combo is shit if the QB is on his back. A predictable offense isn't going to the playoffs without an honest run game.
A high powered offense cannot win it all without a defense that can keep the offense on the field.

QB and TE than WR in draft Bill

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Watson actually mention the BLM movement as part of his dissatisfaction?
oi, he didn't say it. He inferred that no person of color was considered. He want Beinemmy who;s blak as head coach and said thet the "organization" has problems. Three major things this year are BLM, Covid and pissed off President with the nuclear codes about to be impeached for a second time. Worrying about who my boss is hiring should be a lot further down the list of critical items.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oi, he didn't say it. He inferred that no person of color was considered. He want Beinemmy who;s blak as head coach and said thet the "organization" has problems. Three major things this year are BLM, Covid and pissed off President with the nuclear codes about to be impeached for a second time. Worrying about who my boss is hiring should be a lot further down the list of critical items.
Sorry, didn't proof read....

No, he didn't say it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This has been the BB model. A star or two along with some very good middle tier guys that can do multiple things.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB and TE than WR in draft Bill
Which means we'll be getting a DT who had multiple knee surgeries and will be on IR all season.
A center because centers matter.
A left footed kicker from Europe with a third round pick.
Then trade the other 7 pics for future drafts.
Book it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which means we'll be getting a DT who had multiple knee surgeries and will be on IR all season.
A center because centers matter.
A left footed kicker from Europe with a third round pick.
Then trade the other 7 pics for future drafts.
Book it.

Exactly

also - IF Belichick wouldn't go $22million or more there is NO way he would be willing to give that money to any other QB