• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NE Patriots and 2021 Free Agents

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I going to have to listen to both of you whining for the next 9 months? (probably)

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just put me on ""IGNORE"" and you will never see a thing a I write. Why cause yourself such angst??
Why read so deeply into mine or anyone else's individual posts. Have I ever posted "all your posts suck"? I regularly give you credit for keeping dialog going.

You often post as though you know more than everyone else. I'm not stating you actually feel that way, just that your posts come across that way.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys - Why are we bitching about each other? @BigKen writes posts, maybe copies some things but we all do it. If you don't like something just don't read it..

We are on the same team here we shouldn't be bitching amongst us

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Corey Davis to the Patriots for $50 Million​

Hines was asked about the Patriots’ likely offseason moves on the offensive side of the ball. He isn’t swinging for the fences with his predictions, and the practicality makes the predictions all the more interesting.

He projects the Patriots will sign Davis to a four-year, $50 million deal. While it would be just the beginning of fixing what ails the Patriots’ passing game, it’s a solid start.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Corey Davis to the Patriots for $50 Million​

Hines was asked about the Patriots’ likely offseason moves on the offensive side of the ball. He isn’t swinging for the fences with his predictions, and the practicality makes the predictions all the more interesting.

He projects the Patriots will sign Davis to a four-year, $50 million deal. While it would be just the beginning of fixing what ails the Patriots’ passing game, it’s a solid start.
While it would not be a bad pick up, It's just spittballing at this point.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh of course. I mean writers just pick a player and write an article about it
Sorry, I half read the title and expected to read an article that Bill had somehow already made a deal for 2021.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins get 3rd pick now. SO Davonta Smith is off the board as I am sure Pitts will be as well. Where do the Pats go? JaMarr Chase.... IF he's there, which I also doubt

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my opinion on current offensive situation, it's offensive.

FA target two WRs Maybe Green from Cincy larger cap hit and someone like Cole from Jax or Marvin Jones or Will Fuller lesser hit.

Draft a QB at 15 I would like Trey Lance the league is getting more mobile and he is a big QB with legit mobility that can make NFL throws. BB is more likely to take Mac Jones he loves SEC players, has inside info with Saban and Jones is a pocket QB that can make the throws. Not sure BB is willing to adjust to the times if he take Lance if there if not Jones is next best. Being a first round selection gives us the 5 year option.

Round 2: I would love a DT or ILB but we will see maybe even DE but defense needs to be addressed.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with what you are saying. The Big 3 QB’s will be gone. Not sure if Lance will make it to us. Would be great if he did. I was high on Trask, but after really watching his last few games... meh. I think Mac Jones will be there and hopefully the Patriots take him. Also agree on a stud DL. We need pocket pressure up the middle. We have plenty of outside pressure. A guy who can collapse the pocket would be great. And a speed LB who can cover a damn TE or RB.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with what you are saying. The Big 3 QB’s will be gone. Not sure if Lance will make it to us. Would be great if he did. I was high on Trask, but after really watching his last few games... meh. I think Mac Jones will be there and hopefully the Patriots take him. Also agree on a stud DL. We need pocket pressure up the middle. We have plenty of outside pressure. A guy who can collapse the pocket would be great. And a speed LB who can cover a damn TE or RB.

Mac probably won't be there for the Patriots either . Maybe Lance but even IF either Jones or Lance is there do we truly see Bill drafting a QB that early?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac probably won't be there for the Patriots either . Maybe Lance but even IF either Jones or Lance is there do we truly see Bill drafting a QB that early?
Yes. We have no QB so it might be handy to have one!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. We have no QB so it might be handy to have one!

Hope you're right. I'm just not as confident on BB drafting as you are... Not trying to bash you at all

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you're right. I'm just not as confident on BB drafting as you are... Not trying to bash you at all
This is my opinion current offensive situation, it's offensive.

FA target two WRs Maybe Green from Cincy larger cap hit and someone like Cole from Jax or Marvin Jones or Will Fuller lesser hit.

Draft a QB at 15 I would like Trey Lance the league is getting more mobile and he is a big QB with legit mobility that can make NFL throws. BB is more likely to take Mac Jones he loves SEC players, has inside info with Saban and Jones is a pocket QB that can make the throws. Not sure BB is willing to adjust to the times if he take Lance if there if not Jones is next best. Being a first round selection gives us the 5 year option.

Round 2: I would love a DT or ILB but we will see maybe even DE but defense needs to be addressed.

Well it's just my opinion. In the end none of know what BB will do and IMO none of think like BB does. He tends to Zag when we're certain he will Zig.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A "speed linebacker" who can be coached by Steve to be out of position. One that can tackle hard 5 yards past the 1st down marker!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins get 3rd pick now. SO Davonta Smith is off the board as I am sure Pitts will be as well. Where do the Pats go? JaMarr Chase.... IF he's there, which I also doubt
If the Phins are smart they take Smith at three and Najee Harris at 18 that team gets better real fast.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Phins are smart they take Smith at three and Najee Harris at 18 that team gets better real fast.

I don't see why they wouldn't be smart... They are trending in the right direction

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We haven’t had the need to draft a QB for 20 years. Which was great! This is the first time since Coach B has been here that we definitely have a need at that position. I think/hope he does go QB .

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3