• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NE Patriots and 2021 Free Agents

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you're right. I'm just not as confident on BB drafting as you are... Not trying to bash you at all

I kinda agree with this. While I'd love to draft a QB early it's hard for me to see BB doing it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda agree with this. While I'd love to draft a QB early it's hard for me to see BB doing it.

He might get a QB in the 3-5th rounds but I doubt he'll got 1st or 2nd... But then again he probably won't go WR high either since he blows at picking WR, so we are getting a player who is coming off the injured list

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through the years, how many QBs have gone in the first round versus those that have been difference makers? Since the hit ratio is so low you can see why BB would see first round QB picks as a bad use of first round capital where other positions almost (almost) guarantee an impact player.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through the years, how many QBs have gone in the first round versus those that have been difference makers? Since the hit ratio is so low you can see why BB would see first round QB picks as a bad use of first round capital where other positions almost (almost) guarantee an impact player.

I posted something about QB’s a while back. There have been 3..... only 3 QB’s not drafted in the 1st round in the last 20 years who are/where difference makers. Brady... Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott. Carr... Foles and Cousins are iffy. That is it. There have been zero besides those 3 who ended up being quality QB’s. Yes, a lot of 1st rounders don’t make it either. But if you don’t get that 1st round QB... 99% of the time you aren’t getting crap.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted something about QB’s a while back. There have been 3..... only 3 QB’s not drafted in the 1st round in the last 20 years who are/where difference makers. Brady... Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott. Carr... Foles and Cousins are iffy. That is it. There have been zero besides those 3 who ended up being quality QB’s. Yes, a lot of 1st rounders don’t make it either. But if you don’t get that 1st round QB... 99% of the time you aren’t getting crap.
No Love for Drew Breeze? I know he was close to a first rounder, but he was the first pick in the 2nd round of 2001.

Good counter though...but it doesn't really factor in that several successful first rounders weren't successful with the team that drafted them, and that matters too.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Love for Drew Breeze? I know he was close to a first rounder, but he was the first pick in the 2nd round of 2001.

Good counter though...but it doesn't really factor in that several successful first rounders weren't successful with the team that drafted them, and that matters too.
yea tannyhill and jimmy g are successful now but reality is how many 1st rounders are successful Cant use any recent QBs need more time
wentz anyone?

hofamers
last 20 years
brady
rodgers
brees
big ben
wilson
eli ?
maholmes-still early but on the path

so 4 1st rounders 3 later rounds

draft is a crapshoot the gm that hits on every pick doesnt exist

gb /sf/mia hit back to back on qbs but thats over 60 years so very rare

favre/rodgers
montana/young
greise/marino though it wasnt back to back they had woodley for 3 years

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our pending Free Agents and my thoughts...Yours?

OFFENSE
Cam Newton, quarterback -
Thanks but no thanks

Joe Thuney, left guard -
Resign.

David Andrews, center -
Resign

James White, running back -
He had a down year, but he also lost...shit, did he lose his dad or his parents??? Resign at a team friendly rate.

Damiere Byrd, wide receiver -
Resign, but not at #1 receiver rate

Rex Burkhead, running back -
Coming off an injury but was in the middle of a great year. Resign at a team friendly rate.

Jermaine Eluemunor, tackle/guard -
meh

Jakob Johnson, fullback (exclusive rights) -
Resign at a team friendly rate.

Brian Hoyer, quarterback -
Time to look in a different direction.

James Ferentz, center/guard -
Let him walk

Marcus Martin, center/guard -
Who?? Let him walk

DEFENSE
J.C. Jackson, cornerback (restricted) -
#1 priority to sign.

Lawrence Guy, defensive tackle -
Sign him.

Jason McCourty, cornerback -
If he wants to play, team friendly.

Adam Butler, defensive tackle -
meh

Deatrich Wise, defensive end -
He played well enough, but don't break the bank to resign him.

John Simon, outside linebacker -
We can do better

Shilique Calhoun, outside linebacker -
Yeah...no.

Terrence Brooks, safety -
Maybe. For backup wages.

Brandon Copeland, linebacker -
Injured. Wasn't wowed prior to that.

Carl Davis, defensive tackle -
He seemed ok. Team friendly.

Dee Virgin, cornerback -
Who? Maybe, not sure.

Nick Folk, kicker -
I'll defer to whatever Charlie and the Reb come to a consensus on.

Justin Bethel, -
Yes. Sign him.

Cody Davis, -
Sure, team friendly.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but if Coach B is trying to get the most valuable position on a football team which is the QB and is trying to do it with 3rd or 4th or 5th round picks, he shouldn’t be drafting at all. You take your shots with the Lance’s and Mac Jones. Not with the Purdy’s and Books of the 4th rounds. It is all a crap shoot for drafting. But when we have to go back 20-30 years to find a handful of starting QB’s in the NFL not drafted in the 1st round that should tell you something.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is this. If he can land Stafford, Jimmy G (there is talk of this), Matty Ice etc then I feel he can hold out. But if he can not get a quality vet I feel he need to pull the trigger. This being said it's BB and as I stated we all know he Zigs when we think he's going to Zag

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely. Bill knows we need a QB. If the 1st round leftovers are not what you want, why waste the pick?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but if Coach B is trying to get the most valuable position on a football team which is the QB and is trying to do it with 3rd or 4th or 5th round picks, he shouldn’t be drafting at all. You take your shots with the Lance’s and Mac Jones. Not with the Purdy’s and Books of the 4th rounds. It is all a crap shoot for drafting. But when we have to go back 20-30 years to find a handful of starting QB’s in the NFL not drafted in the 1st round that should tell you something.
6th round Lightning will not strike Gillette twice.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is this. If he can land Stafford, Jimmy G (there is talk of this), Matty Ice etc then I feel he can hold out. But if he can not get a quality vet I feel he need to pull the trigger. This being said it's BB and as I stated we all know he Zigs when we think he's going to Zag
100% this.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick I am thinking will trade the #15 pick for a 2nd and 3rd rounder

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lance or Jones are there at 15 and he trades out.... I will find him and kick his nuts right in the face.

Lance might be there but his track record really hasn't given me much confidence he will keep said pick

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft pick # of every starting QB in the playoffs this year.
D5974355-7466-45E6-A42C-D9D291372589.jpeg

If a quality QB is there at #15..... he better damn well pick him!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp Casserio no longer a "free agent:

Good luck in Houston

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1