• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots News

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time and running backs move on.
Rex has been a fan favorite but will be 31 years old with 9 seasons on those wheels and coming of an ACL injury.
You could see this one coming (year early rather than ayear late) Thanks Rex!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time and running backs move on.
Rex has been a fan favorite but will be 31 years old with 9 seasons on those wheels and coming of an ACL injury.
You could see this one coming (year early rather than ayear late) Thanks Rex!

Yes the writing was on the wall for sure, especially with his age. Just think he brings stability to the RB crew and potential leadership.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex was a fan favorite, tough nosed good team mate but as mentioned NE has a fine RBBC. Can't keep 5 RBs. Stevenson when available will make us all forget about Rex.

Oh and don't forget Rex besides 31, the ACL, he was also in concussion protocol last year.

Good luck Rex.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex was a fan favorite, tough nosed good team mate but as mentioned NE has a fine RBBC. Can't keep 5 RBs. Stevenson when available will make us all forget about Rex.

Oh and don't forget Rex besides 31, the ACL, he was also in concussion protocol last year.

Good luck Rex.
Truth be told, he was hurt every year. But when in he showed grit like few others. Skill plus grit is a great combo.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told, he was hurt every year. But when in he showed grit like few others. Skill plus grit is a great combo.
He's a typical NE fan favorite (Dirt Dog Type) like a Trot Nixon, Teddy Bruschi, or Cornbread Maxwell.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam's hand is worse than thought. No more practice or handling a ball until training camp starts in July.

He will miss the remainder of the OTAs and all of the mini-camps.

According to Phil Perry of NBC Sports Boston, the competition is now between Stid and Mac. The big question is this: what if Cam cames back in July and can't compete with Stid, Mac OR Hoyer? Cam has a history of not coming back at full speed or ability from injuries and not having full use of his ight hand could be a career ender.

Great comment: "If there was ever a time to prove us right that Stid should have been in the final five or six games of last season, now is his time."

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich people always seem to have rich friends.
Why would the wealthy mingle with the poor, the greatest division in America is wealth. Which is to say poor folks black, white or brown have more in common with other poor folk then they do rich folk.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam apparently suffered a bone bruise in his hand from banging it on another players helmet.
Media reporting as "less serious" because it's not broken.
However, a bone bruise is often mor serious than a fracture. They take longer to heal.
A bone bruise can take 3 weeks to 2 years to heal. This is minor so likely 3 - 6 weeks?????
Cam's throwing motion is not likely to get better over the next month or so......

No more practice or handling a ball until training camp starts in July.

He will miss the remainder of the OTAs and all of the mini-camps.

According to Phil Perry of NBC Sports Boston, the competition is now between Stid and Mac. The big question is this: what if Cam cames back in July and can't compete with Stid, Mac OR Hoyer? Cam has a history of not coming back at full speed or ability from injuries and not having full use of his ight hand could be a career ender.

Great comment: "If there was ever a time to prove us right that Stid should have been in the final five or six games of last season, now is his time."

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the wealthy mingle with the poor, the greatest division in America is wealth. Which is to say poor folks black, white or brown have more in common with other poor folk then they do rich folk.
No need to over analyze my sarcasm.
It was only meant to be sarcasm.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm separating your comment from YT since he meant no degree of seriousness. Your comments are very insightful and always missed by anyone looking to cause divides. Our circumstances are part of who we are, and anyone who shares those have similarities.

To decide how much any two people are alike you really need a grid that plots out hundreds of demographic, cultural, economic and other distinctions. You and I like the Patriots, that's a grid point. We like similar food but diverge on the level of effort to prepare it. Too often conclusions are made based on too few points like religion, race and political affiliations.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm separating your comment from YT since he meant no degree of seriousness. Your comments are very insightful and always missed by anyone looking to cause divides. Our circumstances are part of who we are, and anyone who shares those have similarities.

To decide how much any two people are alike you really need a grid that plots out hundreds of demographic, cultural, economic and other distinctions. You and I like the Patriots, that's a grid point. We like similar food but diverge on the level of effort to prepare it. Too often conclusions are made based on too few points like religion, race and political affiliations.
I have had the fortune to rub shoulders with some of the richest people in the world. Folks that if they used a bulldozer to push their money into a burnpile, could not burn the pile in the rest of their lives.

I have had the privilige to hang with some very "poor" people. In 1986 I was homeless. I had no home, no car, no phone, no money and no one to call. I had a 5 yo son to feed and we went "camping" I wrote a bad check for a truck rental, borrowed a chainsaw and cut trees for cash. Covered the bad check before it hit the bank. Sold a $22,000 landscape job, rented an apartment and worked my way out of it.

It is better to have enough than not enough. A poor man can take pleasure in catching a6" catfish for dinner.
A rich man has to take his yacht out to sea and catch trophies. What do you get when you own 2 houses? 2 water heaters go out.
i laugh looking back and remembering Kraft's son crying to him that "I wrecked the Ferrari!"