• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots News

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where the heck did you deterimine you have better quality fish than the east coast? Also no you cannot touch Maine Lobster, I lived in Cali and no nope no way
I've had 9 different kinds of lobster and I can tell you, cold water lobster of far better than warm water lobster, and of that, North Atlantic lobster is definitely the best.
I don't care if it is from off the Cape, Rockport, Maine or Prince Edward Island.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where the heck did you deterimine you have better quality fish than the east coast? Also no you cannot touch Maine Lobster, I lived in Cali and no nope no way

I'm with you. The seafood out here fucking blows. Way less options and it's simply not as good. No clams. No lobster. No scrod. No live crabs. And while it's not a northeast thing there's no mahi-mahi or mako available anywhere. "Fresh" scallops are WAY overpriced.

There's a lot of things I like about living in SoCal but seafood may be the very reason I move back to the east coast.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to brag but.
I can meet the boats at Saquatucket Harbor and get real fresh seafood.
The boats give a heads up the day before they land with what they have and time of arrival on Facebook.
My house is under two miles from the harbor.

I'm seriously jealous.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not really a fish eater so I don't have a fave. You stated there is better fish on the left coast I asked you where you got that information. I have never heard that. Then you started spewing of about the waters and fish none of which are any proof the west coast fish are better. Is that your opinion or is there something to back the comment?
It is my opinion. It is based on:
Grew up in a fishing village where my father was a commercial fisherman.
Discussions with my best friend of 55+ years who is a commercial fisherman.
60 years of fishing all over the world.
60+ years of cooking and eating fish all over the world.
Much reading about fishing, fish and meat quality of fish.
Market value of fish.
Still, an opinion but an educated opinion.

Since you are not a fisheater, I'll briefly explain influence of fish meat quality.
Coldwater fish generally have better flavor, fimer flesh and fewer parasites
West coast is predominantly influenced by California Current which is cold water from Alaska flowing south.
East Coast is influenced predominantly by Gulfstream water from Mexican Gulf flowing north.
Some oily species like tuna are delicious when properly prepared. Shad, little tunny, and blufish are not so delicious.
Bony fish like tomcod are edible. but not desireable.
Mushy fish like porgy's are less desireable than firm fleshed fish.

We have Halibut flounder, tuna, cod on both coasts. My comparisons are based on fish that only live on one coast or the other

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is my opinion. It is based on:
Grew up in a fishing village where my father was a commercial fisherman.
Discussions with my best friend of 55+ years who is a commercial fisherman.
60 years of fishing all over the world.
60+ years of cooking and eating fish all over the world.
Much reading about fishing, fish and meat quality of fish.
Market value of fish.
Still, an opinion but an educated opinion.

Since you are not a fisheater, I'll briefly explain influence of fish meat quality.
Coldwater fish generally have better flavor, fimer flesh and fewer parasites
West coast is predominantly influenced by California Current which is cold water from Alaska flowing south.
East Coast is influenced predominantly by Gulfstream water from Mexican Gulf flowing north.
Some oily species like tuna are delicious when properly prepared. Shad, little tunny, and blufish are not so delicious.
Bony fish like tomcod are edible. but not desireable.
Mushy fish like porgy's are less desireable than firm fleshed fish.

We have Halibut flounder, tuna, cod on both coasts. My comparisons are based on fish that only live on one coast or the other
You could have stopped at " It's my opinion " because in the end you shouldn't and I won't argue opinion because it's not fact

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you. The seafood out here fucking blows. Way less options and it's simply not as good. No clams. No lobster. No scrod. No live crabs. And while it's not a northeast thing there's no mahi-mahi or mako available anywhere. "Fresh" scallops are WAY overpriced.

There's a lot of things I like about living in SoCal but seafood may be the very reason I move back to the east coast.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haddock, Hake, Cusk, Halibut, Flounder are Atlantic fish and the Haddock, Halibut and Cusk are only found in deep cold water,

Then, of course, there's Bay and Ocean Scallops.

Can't eat seafood, so I have no way of comparing them.
Haddock, hake and cod, flounder, and halibut are found on west coast.
cusk bears a mercury warning and is an endangered species.
scallops are not fish.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could have stopped at " It's my opinion " because in the end you shouldn't and I won't argue opinion because it's not fact
Fair enough.
One of my lessons in life is that the value of a expert opinion is usually more reliable than the opinion of someone not familiar with the topic.
The only comments I have received are from those that do not eat fish.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.
One of my lessons in life is that the value of a expert opinion is usually more reliable than the opinion of someone not familiar with the topic.
The only comments I have received are from those that do not eat fish.
Expert opinion is still opinion, just because someone fishes does not add value to their opinion because opinion is little more than personal choice. I said I am not a big fish eater which is not to say I don't eat fish. I guess I just haven't sampled the thousands of fishes in the multiple oceans that you and your "Experts" have.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expert opinion is still opinion, just because someone fishes does not add value to their opinion because opinion is little more than personal choice. I said I am not a big fish eater which is not to say I don't eat fish. I guess I just haven't sampled the thousands of fishes in the multiple oceans that you and your "Experts" have.
Flavor/ tastes cannot be proven. As such, it will always be opinion.
As you know, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.....

"Science cannot prove that you aren’t merely a brain in a jar being manipulated to think this is all actually happening (think of something like in the movie “The Matrix”.) It also cannot prove that the world wasn’t created 5 minutes ago with the appearance of age (and with fake memories in your head, and half-digested food in your stomach, etc.). However, it’s still rational to believe that our memories are true and that the world is real."

Last edited:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fun fact: Scrod isn't an actual fish and really means Special Catch Reserve of the Day.. but is usually haddock, cod or a similar white fish. But googling around I can't find validation of the acronym.

Here's a similar story...

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact: Scrod isn't an actual fish and really means Special Catch Reserve of the Day.. but is usually haddock, cod or a similar white fish. But googling around I can't find validation of the acronym.

Here's a similar story...

Ya but I don't care. If I walk into a restaurant in my hometown of Taunton MA and they have baked scrod on the menu I'm getting it and I will be happy.

Bake scrod from any shithole MA bar/restaurant beats 90% of any seafood you can get here in SoCal in my opinion.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe that there's so much care about seafood. I love the taste of the few things I've tried. Hate it when my throat suddenly begins to close and breathing becomes near impossible. On the funny side, It just might be a great tasty way to commit suicide.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya but I don't care. If I walk into a restaurant in my hometown of Taunton MA and they have baked scrod on the menu I'm getting it and I will be happy.

Bake scrod from any shithole MA bar/restaurant beats 90% of any seafood you can get here in SoCal in my opinion.
I do agree with the "don't care" aspect of scrod... That's why I referred to it as a fun fact vs something everyone should know...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's being reported that Mac Jones is way better than advertised. He's is just blowing away the Pats coaching staff with everything. He's in early, stays late. He's a video/film glutton and has the entire playbook completely in his head. Apparently Fox News was doing a piece with Robert Kraft and somehow got to watch him work out with the rookies at the OTA. They were so impressed that they put what they saw in their daily news headlines Tuesday night.

Tom Curran and Phil Perry of NBCSports Boston somehow saw him and now they're convinced that 14 other teams made a serious mistake in letting him slide to the Patriots.

Why all of the buzz? No one believes that Cam Newton will stay if he's not starting. Bill and Josh will most likely keep 3 QBs and if Jones moves to the front of the line, his backup will be Stidham or Hoyer and Cam will not be on this team's roster. It's believed that the competition for the starting job is going to be fierce and Cam Newtons has not historically been good with competition, especially if that competition plays better than him.

Right now, Cam is being the wholesome, friendly great team mate. When the mini-camps start, the "experts" think things might get a bit nasty.

This expert thinks that Mac Jones has more promise and a brighter future than Cam Newton with the Patriots.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not talking salad
Dungeness a lot of work" There are people that think the lobster is the same and eat only the tail! Come on!
Pismo clams are great flavor even raw, standing in the surf. They are meaty andyou don't have to do anything to them to prepare. The y are not used for frying!
Abalone, I don't buy. I take them off the rocks.
Lobster are not the same. not equal but still good.
What fish is your favorite on East Coast?
Note: Alaska is on the Pacific Coast!
No one I know only eats the tails. The claws on the NE lobster are famous. Huge chuncks of meat. Great for lobster rolls.

Like I said abolone is getting harder and harder to find and the laws keep changing on harvesting them.

My favorite same lije everyone's favorite- haddock, then probably a baked schrod. Atlantic salmon works in a pinch.

Also some of the best Oysters in the country come from NY as much as that pains me to say it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had 9 different kinds of lobster and I can tell you, cold water lobster of far better than warm water lobster, and of that, North Atlantic lobster is definitely the best.
I don't care if it is from off the Cape, Rockport, Maine or Prince Edward Island.
Even better if you boil it in the Atlantic seawater.