• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Opening Day 25

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, IDK about that anymore. He didn't play CF last year in Coors when Blackmon was really struggling out there.
Going back to 2014, Parra has only played a total of 60 games in center field, the majority of which were played with the Brewers in 2015 (41). I don't think the Rockies ever viewed him as a center fielder.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically between Mac and MM right now among the people that are on the team as of this moment. They're probably leaning MM but I wouldn't be surprised if the loser is placed on IL.

However, I still wouldn't be shocked if there was another move for an OFer who's not in the org right now.

Sandoval making the teams seems like a pure bone toss to Boch. I anticipate he'll be the new Peavy/Huddy/Affeldt etc. guy this year who plays a bit, sucks a lot, and is placed on the legacy IL most of the year.
The problem with that move is the Giants would still have to free up a 40 man spot for the 3rd contract being purchased. I guess they could pick one of Jones, Slater, Avelino, Valera, Venditte, Black, Jerez or Coonrod to do that.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, IDK about that anymore. He didn't play CF last year in Coors when Blackmon was really struggling out there.
For a contending team sure, I’ll concede. For a team that’s going to lose 80+, don’t care as much.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

I am curious to see what Reed's got, though
I really want to see what Mac can do with a guaranteed starting spot. But I guess the people who matter don't.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do I, and that's where Pablo could have been cut.
Well, the infield really needed some veteran presence, and Sandoval's contractual obligation is nothing to sneeze at, plus his numbers really took a turn in June . . . oh wait, never mind.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t worry, msg. You matter to us...

YME2245-BLACK-POST.jpg

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Williamson to Solarte, there isn't that much of a difference in OBP. If Williamson got more playing time, his OBP would be better. Looks at his numbers, the more playing time, the higher the OBP.

1. The comparison isn't Mac v. Solarte. It's Joe/Reed v. Mac.
2. His OBP improving with playing time is conjecture. I'd like to think you are right, but it's not a fact. There is no significant sample size in the majors for this.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final Roster...

SP (5): Bum, Sammy, Dutch, DRod, PomPom
Bully (8): Smith, Watson, Moronta, Dyson, Vincent, Bergen, Gott, MM
C (2): Posey, Kratz
Inf (7): Belt, Panik, Craw, Longo, Solarte, Sandoval, Joe
OF (3): Dugger, Parra, Reed

Vincent, Solarte, and Parra were added to the 40. Mac, Murphy and Hanson were casualties (Mac has not been officially announced yet, AFAIK).

I would not have been surprised to see MM moved or dropped, but outside of him making the team and Mac not making the team, pretty much chalk for what have expected the last few days.

Near elite pitching staff. Elite infield defense. Good OF defense. Old infield bats, but potentially passable. Putrid OF bats.

Maybe my 68 win prediction was a bit harsh, but I am still thinking the under on the 74 Vegas number.

I'm thinking they'll win 80, but I am the optimist.

:kev:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am sure Pudge is available to catch, because we need more 50+ year old catchers. This roster may look like an old-timers game pretty soon. So much for getting younger.

Dude, it's a process. FZ has only been here a few months. Let's see where we are next offseason. I'd bet we will be significantly younger.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, it's a process. FZ has only been here a few months. Let's see where we are next offseason. I'd bet we will be significantly younger.

Hey, I can't grouse about our horrible hitting with RISP until later today, so there has to be something to kvetch about. :nod:

Last edited:

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The comparison isn't Mac v. Solarte. It's Joe/Reed v. Mac.
2. His OBP improving with playing time is conjecture. I'd like to think you are right, but it's not a fact. There is no significant sample size in the majors for this.
Then it would have to be comparisons on the minor league level since Joe hasn't played in the big leagues and Reed's sample size is really small. As for Williamson, I was basing on his yearly numbers. The more ABs in a season, the higher on base.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then it would have to be comparisons on the minor league level since Joe hasn't played in the big leagues and Reed's sample size is really small. As for Williamson, I was basing on his yearly numbers. The more ABs in a season, the higher on base.
Regarding Mac: Did the park’s name change bring a corresponding change to the pen’s location???

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Mac: Did the park’s name change bring a corresponding change to the pen’s location???
I haven't heard anything about a change in bullpen location. Seems like, when Mac got his concussion from chasing a foul ball in that area, the team was adamant about leaving the bullpen the way it is.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard anything about a change in bullpen location. Seems like, when Mac got his concussion from chasing a foul ball in that area, the team was adamant about leaving the bullpen the way it is.
Could Mac possibly have any chance for a lawsuit? The Giants have gotten a lot of criticism for having the pens on the field, so they can’t claim that the safety concerns were not foreseen. And they are the only pens still on the field in the whole league.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Mac possibly have any chance for a lawsuit? The Giants have gotten a lot of criticism for having the pens on the field, so they can’t claim that the safety concerns were not foreseen. And they are the only pens still on the field in the whole league.
Could even tie his loss of job due to employer negligence?