• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 spring training cuts

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It concerned me a lot, hence the fecal reference. I had never seen this team's pitching so bad so late. We were at the bottom of nearly every team pitching stat just a couple of days ago and maybe still.
Whelp, your pantshatting is indeed in midseason form. I seriously doubt you really remember what our ST stats were "this late" in previous seasons. Hell, I know I have no idea and I go every year.

IMO the correct question to ask is : are they healthy? If yes -- good ST. If no -- bad ST.

The FO knows what it's doing

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whelp, your pantshatting is indeed in midseason form. I seriously doubt you really remember what our ST stats were "this late" in previous seasons. Hell, I know I have no idea and I go every year.

IMO the correct question to ask is : are they healthy? If yes -- good ST. If no -- bad ST.

The FO knows what it's doing
Well at least someone is in midseason form. :D

I have to admit to being more irritable and grumpy than usual due to EEO complaints I have or will file and a related on the job injury action. I actually could retire at anytime but it's just not in my nature to let asshats push me out the door as I have seen happen to numerous coworkers by over zealous new managers.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least someone is in midseason form. :D

I have to admit to being more irritable and grumpy than usual due to EEO complaints I have or will file and a related on the job injury action. I actually could retire at anytime but it's just not in my nature to let asshats push me out the door as I have seen happen to numerous coworkers by over zealous new managers.

Get 'em Phlap. F those fing Fs....

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peaved 5.2 IP 6 H 3 ER. Victimized by Macmittfuckery.

He's ready.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pena, Kottaras, Gillaspie, Green, Lara and Hernandez were reassigned to minor league camp. Parker, Williamson, Broadway sent to AAA.

Looks like a 4-man OF, 13 man pitching staff. Gerrin makes the squad. Adrianza emergency OFer. Final battle is Susac vs. Brown, and Susac may not even be ready.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bum
Cueto
Shark
Peavy
Cain

Casilla
Romo
Lopez
Kontos
Strick
Osich
Heston
Gerrin

Posey
Belt
Panik
Duffy
Crawford
Pagan
Span
Pence

Brown/Susac
Tomlinson
Adrianza
Blanco

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pena, Kottaras, Gillaspie, Green, Lara and Hernandez were reassigned to minor league camp. Parker, Williamson, Broadway sent to AAA.

Looks like a 4-man OF, 13 man pitching staff. Gerrin makes the squad. Adrianza emergency OFer. Final battle is Susac vs. Brown, and Susac may not even be ready.

The Sac is heading to the DL, I'd bet and the 13 man staff only lasts for a couple of weeks. My guess is Gorkys is the first guy up, but it could be JPark.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sac is heading to the DL, I'd bet and the 13 man staff only lasts for a couple of weeks. My guess is Gorkys is the first guy up, but it could be JPark.
I think Macs D is too much of a concern right now, and they want him to really shore that up before he comes up and assumes a starting role.

Between JPark and Gorkys, the 40-man will not be an issue. They have Gardeck who can be 60'd, so I agree it will be between them (assuming Gorkys does not opt out).

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did get to see Gorkys exploite his speed by turning a1b into a 2b. Crimeny, what a weapon to have.

It was also nice to see some former Gs last week: Ish(hit a dinger), Hactor, Arias, and Matty. Fond memories from each of them.

Is Mac's D fixable??

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the concern with Williamson's defense? From most accounts I've heard, he's fine out there. The thing they want to make sure he can sort out is that he can identify and hit a breaking ball.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the concern with Williamson's defense? From most accounts I've heard, he's fine out there. The thing they want to make sure he can sort out is that he can identify and hit a breaking ball.
I have not seen much Giants baseball with my own eyes this spring, but he has made quite a few errors (3 if I am not mistaken) that have all been quite costly. I heard the one the other day, and it sounded like he took a bad path then fumbled it? That sounds somewhat fixable, but like I said, I did not see it.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not seen much Giants baseball with my own eyes this spring, but he has made quite a few errors (3 if I am not mistaken) that have all been quite costly. I heard the one the other day, and it sounded like he took a bad path then fumbled it? That sounds somewhat fixable, but like I said, I did not see it.

He's played some CF this spring, which could have something to do with the errors and/or bad routes. I remember watching one play this spring where he was going back for a ball and just completely dropped it. I guess we'll find out more this year about his defense because he'll have a lot of eyes on him, especially if anything happens up in SF. I just have yet to hear much negative about it (unlike Parker, who does look much improved)

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am listening to Marty and he just read a text from a "moxie girl". I wonder that is our very own @moxie ?

Did she say something stupid? Then it wasn't me! :heh:

You guys ready for the season?!! I'm going to the exhibition game on Friday and I'm about to just burst over it! I CAN"T WAIT!!!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did she say something stupid? Then it wasn't me! :heh:

You guys ready for the season?!! I'm going to the exhibition game on Friday and I'm about to just burst over it! I CAN"T WAIT!!!
Did you text (or maybe it was a tweet) Marty?

I don't remember what the text was...

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw him make one gaff but it might not have been credited as an error, and like Cal said he had three so far. He just doesn't instill confidence in me in the field.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Susac optioned (will stay in ARI for a bit, then get every day AB's in Sacto) per Baggs

Excited. Going to be covering River Cats this year so good chance to watch him, Blackburn, Williamson, Parker

Congrats to Trevor Brown on winning the backup gig

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cainer threw 90 pitches today vs minor leaguers. That's a good sign.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Susac optioned (will stay in ARI for a bit, then get every day AB's in Sacto) per Baggs

Excited. Going to be covering River Cats this year so good chance to watch him, Blackburn, Williamson, Parker

Congrats to Trevor Brown on winning the backup gig
Congrats, dude. What org are you writing for?