• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is not my point....he was a big contributor to their 2012 team, being arguably their best hitter. My point is, every year they seem to have someone come out of nowhere, whether a rookie type player or a flukish type year from a guy....so for a team like Oakland, offseason comparisons on who has the better players tend to be meaningless.

I missed the start of this conversation, but are you just guessing it will be cespy this year?

I can nearly promise you that this year Donald Douche falls off a cliff and goes splat.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, so I texted him about what he thought was next and he sent me this long text.

"I think the next move we make is to get either cruz or morales to DH. Cruz appears more likely because every conversation we've had with his agent has been very productive and we think we know what he wants and it is feasible. However, it may be hard to make him happy if he isn't playing, so we'd have to showcase platooning with choo to bait him over. Morales would be nice because he'd be content with just hitting and would be cheaper. Either way, I'm sure we'll get one of them. After, I don't expect us to go for price. I actually expect us to go for a righty like the guy from the cubs or maybe gallardo from the brewers
Platooning with Choo? I wouldn't go there. Try Rios if anybody. He's gotta year left on his contract and is probably gone then.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lololol Rangers spend 130 million in a day and Bennie is bitching about the 2015 budget. That guy is a fucking riot.

I saw that. Glad he got his ass booted from here.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, so I texted him about what he thought was next and he sent me this long text.

"I think the next move we make is to get either cruz or morales to DH. Cruz appears more likely because every conversation we've had with his agent has been very productive and we think we know what he wants and it is feasible. However, it may be hard to make him happy if he isn't playing, so we'd have to showcase platooning with choo to bait him over. Morales would be nice because he'd be content with just hitting and would be cheaper. Either way, I'm sure we'll get one of them. After, I don't expect us to go for price. I actually expect us to go for a righty like the guy from the cubs or maybe gallardo from the brewers

Unless Moreland scores us gallardo, then hell no to that, that guy has been regressing for years

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Platooning with Choo? I wouldn't go there. Try Rios if anybody. He's gotta year left on his contract and is probably gone then.

When I say platooning I mean the other guy DH, not the other guy sit out.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

or Tanaka

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that. Glad he got his ass booted from here.

He's like a sidewalk prophet preaching destruction and the end of the world. He just ignores the times he is wrong and then makes up a new end of the world date and goes on like normal. Tinfoil hat wearing loser he is.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is not my point....he was a big contributor to their 2012 team, being arguably their best hitter.

My point is, every year they seem to have someone or a few players come out of nowhere, whether a rookie type player or a flukish type year from someone....so for a team like Oakland, offseason comparisons on who has the better players tend to be meaningless.

And I still say they're playing with a golden spoon in their ass and it isn't sustainable. We saw this when they were successful before for a brief period, and they never won a playoff series then either.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the start of this conversation, but are you just guessing it will be cespy this year?

I can nearly promise you that this year Donald Douche falls off a cliff and goes splat.

Never said/implied anything of that nature. A lot of their guys don't sustain success for long, but when one doesn't it seems that someone comes out of nowhere to have a big year.

We saw that in the early to mid 2000s, and we've been seeing that in recent years. Some scrubs and/or rookies comes out of nowhere to have a big year.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or Tanaka

He sent me a text before the news about choo this morning that said he doesn't expect us to compete for tanaka. For some reason, he's led to believe that darvish and tanaka don't get along that well. I don't know why he didn't give a reason, but obviously if it makes the ace mad then don't worry about it. We may try to drive the price up, but we won't pull the trigger

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I still say they're playing with a golden spoon in their ass and it isn't sustainable. We saw this when they were successful before for a brief period, and they never won a playoff series then either.

Playoffs for the most part tend to be crap shoots....we all know it's about who gets hot at the right time.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said/implied anything of that nature. A lot of their guys don't sustain success for long, but when one doesn't it seems that someone comes out of nowhere to have a big year.

We saw that in the early to mid 2000s, and we've been seeing that in recent years. Some scrubs and/or rookies comes out of nowhere to have a big year.

And it lasts a short period before they regress to a third place team, and still have zero success in the playoffs.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's like a sidewalk prophet preaching destruction and the end of the world. He just ignores the times he is wrong and then makes up a new end of the world date and goes on like normal. Tinfoil hat wearing loser he is.

I wonder. If facebook lets you like your own posts. :dhd:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah that Miguel Tejada was such a scrub. So were Mulder, Zito, and Hudson.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I say platooning I mean the other guy DH, not the other guy sit out.
I understand. Think it's going to come down to is to how bad Cruz wants to come back. Sure JD will give him every chance before he goes to Morales.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sent me a text before the news about choo this morning that said he doesn't expect us to compete for tanaka. For some reason, he's led to believe that darvish and tanaka don't get along that well. I don't know why he didn't give a reason, but obviously if it makes the ace mad then don't worry about it. We may try to drive the price up, but we won't pull the trigger

i will wait and see

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa just saw the photo of Choo's kids wearing a jersey with 17 on it...No more NC-17 I guess. See ya boomstick.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lololol Rangers spend 130 million in a day and Bennie is bitching about the 2015 budget. That guy is a fucking riot.

He bitches just to freaking bitch

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that Miguel Tejada was such a scrub. So were Mulder, Zito, and Hudson.

You're completely missing the point.

Were they much worse off everytime they lost one of those guys?

When Giambi left, they won 1 more game the next season.

When Tejada left, they went from 96 to 91 wins, with much of that being due to struggling years from Zito/Mulder moreso than losing Tejada.

When Mulder and Hudson left after 2004, they won just 3 less games the next year

In other words, it's not as they go from 95 wins to 82 wins overnight when they lose their top guys.

Last edited by a moderator: