• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lakers 2024 Offseason Thread

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like maybe Dinwiddie is leaving. Going to play with Thompson.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,330.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about perfect. Jonas has been declining and isn't much defensively these days. Better than what they have? Sure, but low bar to clear there lol.

A backup big is what the Lakers need. With Lebron and AD on the roster, those are your starters and 4 and 5. Lebron at the 3 is a defensive liability. They need the option to put AD at the 4, but not a big money starter that essentially moves AD to the 4. Jonas is at least cheap, but he would still likely come off the bench in at 75% of matchups.
I do not think Jonas would start if we got him,. I think he would get 25mpg off the bench,

And maybe start select games at C depending on matchups.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think Jonas would start if we got him,. I think he would get 25mpg off the bench,

And maybe start select games at C depending on matchups.

I'm just a bit concerned about his decline and defense. He's an upgrade over the guys they have, but I'd try to aim a bit higher (and with someone who is obtainable sooner). How about Nick Richards, if they can't find a reasonable deal for Carter, Sharpe, Kessler, etc? He's under contract for this year and next at $5M per. Won't spread the floor out to the 3pt line but has length, can defend, and does have a mid range jumper.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,330.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just a bit concerned about his decline and defense. He's an upgrade over the guys they have, but I'd try to aim a bit higher (and with someone who is obtainable sooner). How about Nick Richards, if they can't find a reasonable deal for Carter, Sharpe, Kessler, etc? He's under contract for this year and next at $5M per. Won't spread the floor out to the 3pt line but has length, can defend, and does have a mid range jumper.
He still can play, maybe not as a consistent starter. But, as a spot starter and backup big. I think he could be acquired for a few matching contracts and a 2nd or 2.

Those other guys are going to pull contracts and a 1st rounder most likely. LOL at the Magic wanting 2 1st rounders.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anyone even consider this transaction. Dude is aging and we have better back-ups that are younger.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still can play, maybe not as a consistent starter. But, as a spot starter and backup big. I think he could be acquired for a few matching contracts and a 2nd or 2.

Those other guys are going to pull contracts and a 1st rounder most likely. LOL at the Magic wanting 2 1st rounders.

Wizards will definitely want at least 2 2nds and/or young talent (and requires approx $10M in matching salary).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of re-signing Prince and they let him follow Ham to Milwaukee, they have discovered they are worse this summer than last year. Really? Now the Lakers dumbasses have to look for other possibilities but are limited due to cap restrictions. Here is the latest floated trade proposal. Why not just stay with what the Lakers presently have on their roster??

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of re-signing Prince and they let him follow Ham to Milwaukee, they have discovered they are worse this summer than last year. Really? Now the Lakers dumbasses have to look for other possibilities but are limited due to cap restrictions. Here is the latest floated trade proposal. Why not just stay with what the Lakers presently have on their roster??

They couldn't sign him, the roster is full. The real failings are the player options on vet min contracts from last year.

Being interested in Cam Johnson isn't really news. If they can roll Sharpe and/or Schroder into the deal (depending on who is going out, likely DLo and at least 1 pick plus additional salaries).

Not getting a deal like this done sooner hurts a bit with Dinwiddie now a Mav and unavailable to backfill for any traded PGs. The PG market is pretty thin, they can't really afford to trade any without getting one in return at this point. Tyus Jones is still out there, but he shares much of DLo's issues (defense and playoff performance history) and is trying to get a S&T done thru the Wizards, which would hard-cap the Lakers at the first apron (and would require them to dump considerable salary to be able to do). Unless he takes the TPMLE, the Lakers wouldn't really have a shot at him. Fultz really struggled last season, so he would be a reclamation project that can't really shoot at this point. Back to trades being the best option.

Last edited: