• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Toronto For Three Games September 17-19

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming all are healthy I would have to say Leiter. Only because he has not really shown he can get thru 5 innings.
I hope by next season Leiter has it figured out and he is not the odd man out In the rotation. Would hope that Mahle is your 5th starter.
My ranking of the starters is exactly as you have the 5 starters listed.
But would you spend lots of money for another pitcher just to replace your 5th starter. I might add, a fifth starter in Leiter, who could potentially pitch like a #2 or #3 next year instead of a #5.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read about him about his time in KC AAA and getting taught to tweak his SL. He talked about it also on MLB network.
Obviously his velo jumped prior to going to KC
And went to Tread after the trade as well

Just saying he learned something in KC he did not learn in TX and that made a difference

This certainly has stirred it up lol
I am not disagreeing with you on whether KC tweaked some things but Ragans had it figured out and we completely missed the boat. If anyone was to go back to my posts at the very beginning of the season you will see that I was livid that they didn't let him keep starting at AAA instead of going to the pen. They completely blew it.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you guys saw Jungs play at 3rd. It was an incredible play and Springer who batted before that was held to a single by Langford.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you guys saw Jungs play at 3rd. It was an incredible play and Springer who batted before that was held to a single by Langford.
I just watched the replay a few minutes ago. That was great. I sure hope we can keep him relatively healthy next season

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, we have the following starting pitchers for next year:

DeGrom
Bradford
Rocker
Mahle
Leiter

If the Rangers attempt to sign Eovaldi or any other starting pitcher, who gets bumped from the above rotation?
They probably make the mistake of bumping Leiter in that case.
Hopefully they roll with what they have in the five guys you mentioned, plus gray and dunning serving as stellar depth pieces

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crim hit his 20th HR tonight. This is his fourth consecutive 20 HR season.
Three hits for both Harris and Crim tonight. Huff had 2 HR and a walk tonight

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Sam Huff's slash line since August 29th.

.339/.397/.581/.977

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 games left. I’m watching tonight to see what Rocker can do against a more patient lineup than Seattle.

want the offseason to get here asap tho. Let our players get healthy and jetison a few black holes in the lineup please.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But would you spend lots of money for another pitcher just to replace your 5th starter. I might add, a fifth starter in Leiter, who could potentially pitch like a #2 or #3 next year instead of a #5.
No I would not dip into money for a starter. I feel like Leiter is close to being that 4th or 5th starter and possibly better.
I thought he came in the game against Mariners last Saturday and pitched well under the circumstances. Wanted to see him come back out in the 9th.instead of seeing Leclerc.
Leiter has progressed from what I saw earlier in the year. If he struggles next year and Bochy pulls him from the rotation then you can go back to Dunning or possibly another young guy such as Acker or Teodo.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Langford batted before Garcia hit his HR he has already been hit in the backside by a pitch. Two straight pitches came inside on him the 2nd one almost getting to his hands. The next pitch was a sharp breaking ball that came straight at him and broke sharply down over the plate and Langford stayed in there and lined a base hit to left. That was very impressive to me. How Adolis hit the pitch that was way inside on his hands for a HR was surprising to me. I didn't think there was anyway that was a HR.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I have high expectations for Leiter I am tapping the brakes on assuring him an immediate spot in rotation next year

That is the goal but he has not even gone 7 innings yet

But yes his progress is encouraging

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see this last night but saw this just now. Adolis made a nice catch where the wall juts out towards right center. We made some nice plays defensively.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I have high expectations for Leiter I am tapping the brakes on assuring him an immediate spot in rotation next year

Would you spend significant money on a starter then? If you do, that pretty much says that Leiter is guaranteed to go back to AAA to begin next year. The only reason you would spend significant money on a starter is knowing that starter will go into the rotation. That means the decision on Leoter has to be made before free agency starts in less than 2 months.

If that is the case, then did it make sense to bring him back up here a couple of weeks year.

I was under the impression that they brought him up to see if he is ready for the rotation next year. If they did do that, then didn't he pitch well enough to pass that test?

Now, they could forego spending on a starter and frame the 5th rotation spot as a competition between him, Gray and Dunning. If they do that and one of those last two win that competition, then that leaves the pen short, if those two are being depended on for the bullpen.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see this last night but saw this just now. Adolis made a nice catch where the wall juts out towards right center. We made some nice plays defensively.
Yeah, I watched that last night when I watched the Jung highlight. Some great defense on display.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. They have a rotation member now who almost never goes 7 innings no matter how he pitches that night. Heaney

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i have high expectations for both Leiter and Rocker but every time i think about how we rushed Clyde i tap the brakes. Clyde was everything that we are painting Leiter and Rocker, and we wrecked his arm just to satisfy the owner's wanting butts in the seats. by the ASG both of these guys will probably be long-term fixtures in the rotation for years to come. the most innings Leiter has ever gone was in 2021 at Tennessee at 110 and the next year there he went 92.2. since then, he hasn't thrown more than 88 until this year and he's at 104. we need to stretch him out before sticking him in the Rangers rotation as a set-in-stone starter in 2025. Rocker has even less time. he threw 122 innings in 2021 at Tennessee and since then he's only gone a max of 36 innings one year and he's had 2 surgeries.

start both at AAA next season starting every 5th game and allow them to get strong and at the ASG bring one or both up and trade Mahle and/or Gray and/or Dunning

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. They have a rotation member now who almost never goes 7 innings no matter how he pitches that night. Heaney
Has the standard been so watered down that you have caved lol.
I did not say 9. If we have all 5 inning max starters then the pen will be burned.

I heard MLB is considering ideas that will extend the length of SPs

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you spend significant money on a starter then? If you do, that pretty much says that Leiter is guaranteed to go back to AAA to begin next year. The only reason you would spend significant money on a starter is knowing that starter will go into the rotation. That means the decision on Leoter has to be made before free agency starts in less than 2 months.

If that is the case, then did it make sense to bring him back up here a couple of weeks year.

I was under the impression that they brought him up to see if he is ready for the rotation next year. If they did do that, then didn't he pitch well enough to pass that test?

Now, they could forego spending on a starter and frame the 5th rotation spot as a competition between him, Gray and Dunning. If they do that and one of those last two win that competition, then that leaves the pen short, if those two are being depended on for the bullpen.
Ideally Leiter starts it is just not a given
What if unpredictably opts in then my guess is Leiter is in AAA as first man up

but of course we should be and maybe have to be prudent with spending until Revenue is resolved