• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Toronto For Three Games September 17-19

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an awful trade because the Rangers had no clue how much better Ragans had become.
He became better in KC because they taught him a new pitch. This is written about aa well and transformed.
I of course wanted to keep him but player development failed him if taking it to a extreme

Just letting him work it out of AAA until ready was not enough

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are completely ignoring what Ragans said in the Arhletic article. He was fixed in the prior offaesson by Tread. He needed to get some games in as a starter to implement those things. The difference in him here and in KC is that the Royals let him start. Had we let him start, we would have gotten the same pitcher. In that article Cole pointed out that when he did get the chance to start he saw he was having trouble with lefthanded batters and the first thing he did about that was to contact Tyler Zombro with Tread Athletics about that. Zombro gave him feedback that corrected the problem.

From the article is is very clear that Tread fixed him; not the Rangers and not the Royals. There were some of us on here talking about his improvements in ST last year. That is also when Law predicted Ragans to be one of the best breakout pitchers in 2023. That was 3 months before the trade.

The Rangers just flat out failed big time in recognizing the extent of the improvement, and they failed miserably in how they used him.

Ragans should have been as untouchable as anyone in the organization once he showed what he showed in ST.
Sorry hard disagree Seems like I have posted some of what he said in KC
I guess we all have our narratives

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcia still has it. Perfect throw to home. Too bad a skinnier guy wasn't on 3rd wanting to tag up.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job by Bradford getting out of that 2nd and 3rd with 0 outs without giving up anything.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Some nice defense so far in the 6th. Great play by Jung. Brooks Robinsonisk.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nice bounce back game by Bradford. That’s what really good pitchers do.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, we have the following starting pitchers for next year:

DeGrom
Bradford
Rocker
Mahle
Leiter

If the Rangers attempt to sign Eovaldi or any other starting pitcher, who gets bumped from the above rotation?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers are looking good at home again, but they sure are Bogaring their draft pick. Lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have 3 starting pitchers who could very well pitch like aces next year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry hard disagree Seems like I have posted some of what he said in KC
I guess we all have our narratives
My narrative is from Bradford himself, though. Some of the narrative was also from Tyler Zombro. Straight from the horses' mouths.

I really don't see what you are basing your stance on. Sure, we first saw him as a starter in KC and he first used his slider in KC, but that slider was due to his time with Tread.

The Rangers handled it terribly all the way around.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Zombro said about Ragans amd his slider:

"“(On) our data team, one of our analysts, Kieran Liming, has built a cool, shiny app that’s very integrated so we can select pitches and see where Stuff lines up,” Zombro said. “I showed him that when you get your slider to the right of the line, down to sub five (inches of vertical movement), that was our primary goal, you can see that these sliders are grading out to 105, 110, 120. The goal at some point is to get more depth and more glove side.”

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I would like to know is why haven't the Rangers sent any other pitchers to Tread. I follow Zombro on Twitter and he posts about several Tread students who are doing well.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crim hit his 20th HR tonight. This is his fourth consecutive 20 HR season.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DeGrom
Bradford
Rocker
Mahle
Leiter

If the Rangers attempt to sign Eovaldi or any other starting pitcher, who gets bumped from the above rotation?
Plus Dunning. long guy
And Jon Gray - late inning guy

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My narrative is from Bradford himself, though. Some of the narrative was also from Tyler Zombro. Straight from the horses' mouths.

I really don't see what you are basing your stance on. Sure, we first saw him as a starter in KC and he first used his slider in KC, but that slider was due to his time with Tread.

The Rangers handled it terribly all the way around.
From what I read about him about his time in KC AAA and getting taught to tweak his SL. He talked about it also on MLB network.
Obviously his velo jumped prior to going to KC
And went to Tread after the trade as well

Just saying he learned something in KC he did not learn in TX and that made a difference

This certainly has stirred it up lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jamey Newberg:

The Rangers note that Bradford is the first pitcher for the team since Cliff Lee’s first two months with Texas to record at least 60 strikeouts and nine or fewer walks in a span of 12 starts.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read about him about his time in KC AAA and getting taught to tweak his SL. He talked about it also on MLB network.
Obviously his velo jumped prior to going to KC
And went to Tread after the trade as well

Just saying he learned something in KC he did not learn in TX and that made a difference

This certainly has stirred it up lol
Well,i n that very long article in The Athletic that is not how the story went. I am not saying he had no dealings with the Royals staff. I am just saying the credit goes to Cody and Tyler and that article gives lots of reasons why that is the case.

He certainly communicated with the Royals staff and got feedback. He didn't get those things from the Rangers because they had him pitching in relief in short outings. The Royals certainly outpaced the Rangers in knowing hiw to use him.

Had he stayed here and started from the beginning, Mike Maddux could have certainly helped him as much or maybe even more than the Royals pitching coach.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

DeGrom
Bradford
Rocker
Mahle
Leiter

Assuming all are healthy I would have to say Leiter. Only because he has not really shown he can get thru 5 innings.
I hope by next season Leiter has it figured out and he is not the odd man out In the rotation. Would hope that Mahle is your 5th starter.
My ranking of the starters is exactly as you have the 5 starters listed.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Dunning. long guy
And Jon Gray - late inning guy
Dunning might be a great candidate to see what he can learn at Tread this offseason.