• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Offseason thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have already seen some coaching decisions and changes as mentioned in the other thread. Lets continue in this thread with any offseason business.

It is already Feb. Draft in 2.5 months. Shouldnt take long for things to heat up. A welcome benefit of going deep into the playoffs.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Jonah Ellis in the draft please.

I would love to sign either Danielle Hunter or Bryce Huff.

We need 12 to 13 cornerbacks, but sometimes I like to imagine the Chiefs use their franchise tag on Jones and Lions are able to sign Sneed.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Jonah Ellis in the draft please.

I would love to sign either Danielle Hunter or Bryce Huff.

We need 12 to 13 cornerbacks, but sometimes I like to imagine the Chiefs use their franchise tag on Jones and Lions are able to sign Sneed.
This draft sucks for CBs too IMO. We could just wait for TJ Tampa on day 2 AFAIAC. He is a faster version of Iffy. Would be a nice depth guy at least. Vildor and Jacobs probably will gone. Not sure if we resign Mosely either. I want a starter out of FA who is a number 1.

The rest is Guards and DLs. Not sure we will have any Guards on the roster by the draft. GG worked out well and we could probably get him back a reasonable price. JJ is probably gone. Our LBs are not terrible any more but maybe a vet FA would be a big help. We might have to replace Reynolds and/ or DPJ at WR. That kid from WK might work.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft sucks for CBs too IMO. We could just wait for TJ Tampa on day 2 AFAIAC. He is a faster version of Iffy. Would be a nice depth guy at least. Vildor and Jacobs probably will gone. Not sure if we resign Mosely either. I want a starter out of FA who is a number 1.

The rest is Guards and DLs. Not sure we will have any Guards on the roster by the draft. GG worked out well and we could probably get him back a reasonable price. JJ is probably gone. Our LBs are not terrible any more but maybe a vet FA would be a big help. We might have to replace Reynolds and/ or DPJ at WR. That kid from WK might work.
By all account the CB from Toledo has a lot of promise. I doubt Nate Wiggins falls that far, but he is looking solid. Both Alabama I like.

Cooper Dejean is probably the best, but he is Brian Branch. Who I love, but we need an outside guy.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really complaining about Gibbs, but I still wish we had taken Christian Gonzalez at 12. Or traded down further for him.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1707101474447.png

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions are bringing home the Lombardi this year.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Biggest need of my offseason.... a good recipe for Crow.

I've hated Anzelone, thought he was a big part of the problem. Turns out he's the unquestioned leader of that defense and maybe that team
Never liked Goff. Think he still has a ton of short comings as a QB, and didn't think he had the attitude to ever be anything. The team and the bandwagon has definitely been 100% behind him though.
Gibbs. Thought you could get a back later on who could split time. Miami found one this year, so did Baltimore. Pacheco was late, Kyren Williams. I really liked Breece Hall and Kenneth Walker, and both were out of the first round at least.
Laporta... If you're dumb enough to trade away a pro bowl TE, then don't take another one so high. And if you're gonna take a TE, get the complete one. And even if you're gonna take a pure pass catching TE. At least take the good one.
Years ago I said I wasn't sure St. Brown was anything special, somebody was going to catch all the passes we were throwing, anybody they put out there would have probably done the same.
How can you sit still when Chase Young is out there to be had for so cheap?
Same Old Lions.

All of these are things I have said.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Ragnow decides to come back. I hope his recent talk is usual end of season fatigue.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Biggest need of my offseason.... a good recipe for Crow.

I've hated Anzelone, thought he was a big part of the problem. Turns out he's the unquestioned leader of that defense and maybe that team
Never liked Goff. Think he still has a ton of short comings as a QB, and didn't think he had the attitude to ever be anything. The team and the bandwagon has definitely been 100% behind him though.
Gibbs. Thought you could get a back later on who could split time. Miami found one this year, so did Baltimore. Pacheco was late, Kyren Williams. I really liked Breece Hall and Kenneth Walker, and both were out of the first round at least.
Laporta... If you're dumb enough to trade away a pro bowl TE, then don't take another one so high. And if you're gonna take a TE, get the complete one. And even if you're gonna take a pure pass catching TE. At least take the good one.
Years ago I said I wasn't sure St. Brown was anything special, somebody was going to catch all the passes we were throwing, anybody they put out there would have probably done the same.
How can you sit still when Chase Young is out there to be had for so cheap?
Same Old Lions.

All of these are things I have said.
The gatorade fort avi gives you a one time pass.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was a gif or AVI or whatever of "Take the Wind" I would have that as my avatar. Strong second place goes to "What does a guy have to do to get fired around here." My old avatar was the kid with a hand made "Fire Millen" sign that security was chasing around the stadium to try and throw him out if you remember that.

But the Gatorade fort might be my favorite of the bunch. It visually shows the whole story, but without hitting you over the head with it. Like it subtly creeps up on you as you ponder it and realize more and more just how ridiculous it was.

To round out the top 5 of my lions Mt Rushmore of ineptitude was the 2008 4-0 undefeated preseason champions t-shirts that people had made up right before or possibly during the 0-16 season.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks looking at Engstrand for OC

Edit: nevermind, old news. Seahawks hired Grubbs.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much happened in the last week. Picked up that super sacker from the CFL. Could be a nice depth guy. We already lost Julian. We will lose Romeo due to money saved is large. Same for Vaitai.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much happened in the last week. Picked up that super sacker from the CFL. Could be a nice depth guy. We already lost Julian. We will lose Romeo due to money saved is large. Same for Vaitai.
Had to know both Okaaras were gone already, same with Charles Harris. They played passable, but you'd struggle to find an NFL player who could start at DE all year and not put up better stats just by accident.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burns or Allen at DE would be just fine with me too. Or Madbaduke or however you spell his name or Wilkins would be nice consolations at DT. Sneed and/or Johnson is the dream at CB though. Too bad signing those 5 guys would probably look at 140+ million of the 240 million salary cap. We have like 40 million in space right now. With some of our own resigned and extended we might be able to afford 1 big name. 2 of those guys would bea near miracle.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burns or Allen at DE would be just fine with me too. Or Madbaduke or however you spell his name or Wilkins would be nice consolations at DT. Sneed and/or Johnson is the dream at CB though. Too bad signing those 5 guys would probably look at 140+ million of the 240 million salary cap. We have like 40 million in space right now. With some of our own resigned and extended we might be able to afford 1 big name. 2 of those guys would bea near miracle.
Wasnt that last years cap? I thought it was going up this year to 245+. Also we are more like 190m right now so we will have 50 mil in cap space. We could probably get 2 of those guys with some finagling.