• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Femurov's Offseason Thread 2023

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess it is that time of the year again. Thank you as always for chiming in on this thread throughout the year where I publicly talk through all my tough fantasy football decisions over all of my leagues. I took 2nd place in my main league this past year, falling just short of being the first back to back league winner. Still a good season.

As a refresher, here are the basics... 12 teams, PPR, bonus points for long TDs. Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex (R/W/T), K, P, and 7 IDPs. We keep 3 players, 2 offensive and 1 defensive. There are no restrictions in who you keep as far as giving up draft picks and/or how many years you want to keep a player. So, on Super Bowl Sunday, we cut our teams down to 5 players and trading opens back up where we can deal our draft picks for the upcoming draft and following year. I am keeping 1 IDP and that's it, so the other 4 players will be offensive players and are already being shopped around the league to deal for picks. Here are the candidates...

QB Patrick Mahomes - I am already in serious talks to deal him and unless this guy was just talking bullshit (which I doubt), I think we will work out a deal of some sort.
RB Kenneth Walker - Lock to make the 5 man squad. Probably will end up as one of my final 3, unless someone offers me something close to his value.
RB Rhamondre Stevenson - Questions in NE on offense, but he proved he could carry a load last year. Harris is a FA. May be worth hanging on to him to see what the backfield looks like on our cut day in August.
RB JK Dobbins - Looked good down the stretch and local boys are bashing the coaching staff because he was underused the last couple of games. New OC coming in, possible new QB. I have better options, I think, but I like Dobbins for next year.
WR Stefon Diggs - Have 2 people interested. Will make the 5 man squad and probably will be kept if no deal gets done.
WR Deebo Samuel - I am interested to see what this offense looks like when Shanny has an entire off season to come up with plays for CMac and Deebo and Kittle. I'm also interested to see who the starting QB ends up being in SF.

Also have Waddle, Mark Andrews, and Zeke, but I can't justify them over any of these guys. I think Mahomes, Walker and Diggs are in and the last spot probably comes down to Stevenson vs Deebo. There is a good chance that I will be dealing Mahomes and a solid chance that I will be able to deal Diggs, maybe in the same trade. There's a dude who has the 5th pick and I ran into him briefly the other night and we chatted and he was throwing a lot at me, but I thought the idea of his 1st this year and next plus Jamar Chase for Mahomes and Diggs was something he was interested in. I think that is something I take easily. But, if I end up splitting the 2 up in separate deals, I would not be getting Chase back and would be keeping that last player on my 5 man squad... Rhamondre or Deebo. I guess Deebo would be safer, but it's not like either guy will fall off dramatically in production next year. I mean, you never know what's going to happen, but there don't seem to be any clear signs of that happening to either player.

TL:DR version...

I get to keep 4 of these guys for next season.

Mahomes, Walker, Rhamondre, Dobbins, Diggs, Deebo.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo I would target the guys on good offenses. Its one thing to have elite players, but if they are on poor offenses that dont score, then they NEED to excel in scrimmage yards.

That said, i would keep Mahomes, Walker, Dobbins and Diggs.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, i'd be torn between Dobb & Stevenson.... 2022 was a prime reason to give Rhamadre the rock and imo they did not (as much as they could have).

Same argument (as you pointed out) could be made for Dobb.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I’m in the Deebo camp. Dobbins and Stevenson are tempting, but insurance if you move Diggs without a WR coming back.

I would also agree Chase and two 1sts would be worthy of moving Mahomes and Diggs.
Separating them I guess would be a case-to-case analysis.

ps

We keep six in my league (“first six rounds” of draft). I traded Dobbins for a 2nd at the deadline. (That owner “won” the championship: had nobody left vs Mixon and Gabe Davis, and only a 2.7 points lead…that Mixon cut by 1.2…)

Anyway. Not sure if I’ll regret that. But I’d put him over Stevenson, if you decide against Deebo.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't deal Mahomes. Just don't. I have learned that lesson to my eternal regret.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't deal Mahomes. Just don't. I have learned that lesson to my eternal regret.
:agree::10:
As mentioned on another thread... consistent QB play is getting worse and worse with each season. You can count on 1 hand how many QB you trust out of 32 teams.... rookies are no garauntee either.

Keep Mahomes.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... I agreed in principle to a deal for Mahomes...

Mahomes, my 15th this year, my 15th next year for Derrick Henry, 1st this year (1.5) and 2nd next year.

My 5 man squad will probably be Henry, Walker, Diggs, Rhamondre or Deebo, IDP (Devin White). Final 3 will be tough. But I can dangle some guys around this off season and may be get someone to bite.