• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
signing either Cruz or Morales would definitely move us to the top

I'd be comfortable with this line-up and play out next season, period. We can always get better, and the suggestion of a DH (Morales for me), and perhaps a 5th starter, are good ones.

But with the signing of Choo, he makes the rest of the offensive lineup better and this is an enormous signing.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we're better than Oakland, but we can contend with them...without Choo, it was looking pretty scary
We'll see, alot of things could happen in our favor

I believe we are. Who do they have that is so much better than us now?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understan that. Just thought parman was pretty outta line so I tried proving to him that he was. The hardest step of our 3 step plan is done. Now we just gotta sign nelly or morales whic is much easier IMO

I just don't see Cruz coming here to dh.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understan that. Just thought parman was pretty outta line so I tried proving to him that he was. The hardest step of our 3 step plan is done. Now we just gotta sign nelly or morales whic is much easier IMO
Well, you would know, Terps. Give us a shout when all this takes place. And gives the name of that Alter Bridge thingy you want us to hear.

parman4818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strasburg Gio fister detweiler and ohlendorf is very good. Not to mention that they do have extra money to sign a garza or another FA. Calling it a "stupid" idea says more about your lack of knowledge than anything else. One of their pitchers is easily expendable for the right price.

Did not mean to ruffle your feathers there Terp's but i just don't see them trading there 3rd best pitcher for Moreland and prospects.I might not know a person that works for the Ranger's but i know baseball pretty well so calling my lack of knowledge because i dont agree with everything you say is pretty lame.

Last edited by a moderator:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50s here next week some come on over

We're on our way shortly, no bad weather predicted for us for departure, that was key...and yes, I already scoured your weather predictions for next week. (This morning infact) :D

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we are. Who do they have that is so much better than us now?

Does that really matter that much, considering Oakland's known for having guys come out of nowhere to contribute?

I mean, anyone really think of Josh Donaldson before last year, or Cespedes the year before?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not mean to ruffle your feathers there Terp's but i just don't see them trading there 3rd best pitcher for Moreland and prospects.I might know a person that works for the Ranger's but i know baseball pretty well so calling my lack of knowledge because i dont agree with everything you say is pretty lame.

I'm saying your lack of knowledge of the nationals pitchers not baseball. I think it was out of line... But I'm over it

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that really matter that much, considering Oakland's known for having guys come out of nowhere to contribute?

I think they've been playing with a golden spoon in their ass for two years and it's not sustainable. I think they're coming back to earth sooner than later.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, anyone really think of Josh Donaldson before last year, or Cespedes the year before?

Cespedes isn't nearly as good as done seem to think he is.

parman4818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying your lack of knowledge of the nationals pitchers not baseball. I think it was out of line... But I'm over it

okay me too and i was not calling you stupid i ws just saying i thought the idea was a little i guess:yahoo:

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, so I texted him about what he thought was next and he sent me this long text.

"I think the next move we make is to get either cruz or morales to DH. Cruz appears more likely because every conversation we've had with his agent has been very productive and we think we know what he wants and it is feasible. However, it may be hard to make him happy if he isn't playing, so we'd have to showcase platooning with choo to bait him over. Morales would be nice because he'd be content with just hitting and would be cheaper. Either way, I'm sure we'll get one of them. After, I don't expect us to go for price. I actually expect us to go for a righty like the guy from the cubs or maybe gallardo from the brewers

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lololol Rangers spend 130 million in a day and Bennie is bitching about the 2015 budget. That guy is a fucking riot.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cespedes isn't nearly as good as done seem to think he is.

Which is not my point....he was a big contributor to their 2012 team, being arguably their best hitter.

My point is, every year they seem to have someone or a few players come out of nowhere, whether a rookie type player or a flukish type year from someone....so for a team like Oakland, offseason comparisons on who has the better players tend to be meaningless.