• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been on here for awhile saying I'd sign Choo and gladly overpay. If it meant more dollars or 1 more year so-be-it. I didn't really understand the hangup with the one extra year (from 6 to 7).

I think Choo has been healthy, and his plate discipline is fantastic. He may age well - granted loosing some power - but being a very good hitter here for years 6 & 7.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been on here for awhile saying I'd sign Choo and gladly overpay. If it meant more dollars or 1 more year so-be-it. I didn't really understand the hangup with the one extra year (from 6 to 7).

I think Choo has been healthy, and his plate discipline is fantastic. He may age well - granted loosing some power - but being a very good hitter here for years 6 & 7.

If choo regressed from hitting 20 homers a year to 12-16 but still got on base 40% of the time. His last two to three years, I'd still be tickled pink.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you don't, because you seem to see everything only through red, white and blue tinted glasses.

I honestly thought you had some well said points earlier. Didn't necessarily agree with them, but I knew where you were coming from.

However, I have no idea where this came from.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be me. Mainstream alternative rock is garbage.

Just to throw this in before I go. My first concert was Jimi Hendrix and I was about 20 feet from the stage due to the rush of the crowd. Other great concerts I went to among the 100 or so was The Who, Yes during their Yes album and Fragile tour and Jethro Tull during the Thick As A Brick tour. Many others besides but heading out to see A Christmas Carol at the Wyly. Love the Choo Christmas present. Take care my fellow Ranger fans.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If choo regressed from hitting 20 homers a year to 12-16 but still got on base 40% of the time. His last two to three years, I'd still be tickled pink.

Exactly. You probably said it about as well as I was trying too. haha

And can't you see it "realistically" happening? I'm about as pleased with this signing as damn near anything we've done (at least on paper).

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. You probably said it about as well as I was trying too. haha

And can't you see it "realistically" happening? I'm about as pleased with this signing as damn near anything we've done (at least on paper).

That aand the fielder move was vintage jd magic.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to throw this in before I go. My first concert was Jimi Hendrix and I was about 20 feet from the stage due to the rush of the crowd. Other great concerts I went to among the 100 or so was The Who, Yes during their Yes album and Fragile tour and Jethro Tull during the Thick As A Brick tour. Many others besides but heading out to see A Christmas Carol at the Wyly. Love the Choo Christmas present. Take care my fellow Ranger fans.
Enjoy the show, Wastin. With you on those bands you mentioned.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never saw any of the then "Super Groups"....Beatles, Stones, Who, etc. But I saw a concern in the mid 80's which was a tribute to then a very ill Ronny Lane of the Small Faces..... Lordy, Ringo, Clapton, Pete Townsend, Billy Wyman, Ronnie Wood, Joe Cocker, Jimmy Page played at the old EDS area. There were more and it was something to behold. I had VIP seats at a table about 30 feet from the stage and was served food and adult beverages to my delight. Quite a night.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't mainstream rock. They specifically make 5 minute or longer songs because they don't care about being played on the radio. They just try to make good music. You'll never hear an alter bridge song on the radio cuz they don't care about the money

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't mainstream rock. They specifically make 5 minute or longer songs because they don't care about being played on the radio. They just try to make good music. You'll never hear an alter bridge song on the radio cuz they don't care about the money

I just don't like the "creed" sound.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That aand the fielder move was vintage jd magic.

Great move, and completely outta nowhere, to land Prince.

But with Choo, this makes the move of getting Fielder look so much more attractive. This move, on it's own, could add 7/8 RBIs to each of the 3-5 hitters. It's that big.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, was about to say Creed is my favorite band ever. Saw them 3 times, great show every time.

Thanks, that's all I need to know about your taste is music. :L

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright. I'm gonna name some songs here. Try to give them a a shot.

They're "best" song is called blackbird. The whole song is a metaphor. The guy who sold the singer his first guitar loved the Beatles song blackbird, but he got cancer and passed, so the singer wrote it as a metaphor saying he is making his way up to heaven.

On their new record my favorite song is called cry of achilles. I guess it's very " metal" sounding but very melodic and it pumps me up at the gym. It's my personal favorite of theirs.

They have a military tribute song called one by one.

They have a slower ballad song called watch over you that most people I ask love it. More acoustic sounding but great lyrics.

Then there are songs like UK mentioned like broken wings. But that song is from the first record which that entire thin is creed sounding. None of their other 3 records sound like creed but the first one does.

Give some of these songs a try. Blackbird got rated as having the greatest guitar solo of all time beating out hotel California. It's seriously a fantastic song.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, me and around 20 million others lol. OK music lover, who is your favorite act?

I'm of the opinion that people in general are lemmings and will devour whatever the suits tell them to.

Don't know if I can narrow it down to one. Would probably have to go with at least two very different ones.

Underoath and Noah Gundersen. Rise Against and The used are also awesome.

Then I love some old stuff like Dylan, Neal Young, James Taylor, and Jim Croce.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're "best" song is called blackbird. The whole song is a metaphor. The guy who sold the singer his first guitar loved the Beatles song blackbird, but he got cancer and passed, so the singer wrote it as a metaphor saying he is making his way up to heaven.

On their new record my favorite song is called cry of achilles. I guess it's very " metal" sounding but very melodic and it pumps me up at the gym. It's my personal favorite of theirs.

They have a slower ballad song called watch over you that most people I ask love it. More acoustic sounding but great lyrics.

Then there are songs like UK mentioned like broken wings. But that song is from the first record which that entire thin is creed sounding. None of their other 3 records sound like creed but the first one does.

Give some of these songs a try. Blackbird got rated as having the greatest guitar solo of all time beating out hotel California. It's seriously a fantastic song.
Well, I'll try blackbird cause I got the White Album and I love Hotel California and got that album, I believe.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said I'd listen to one.