• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so glad the Rangers signed Choo. They overspent a bit much, but he fills a big hole in LF. This will probably be the last big move offseason, though I wouldn't rule Tanaka completely out of the picture

Too many years more than overspending, its actually about right in line with what Choo was predicted a while back, just an extra year

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the FA side, Morales would be my preference.

Agreed and when Cruz signs elsewhere, those signings cancel each other out draft pick wise, either way we'll end up losing a pick b/c of Choo, whether we sign Cruz or Morales

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I guess you are right. DH should be next on the list. Who do you think would fill that role?

I liked Morales before FA started, and still do. I wouldn't mind Cruz coming back at all either. Morales would be cheaper and ok with DH'ing. Morales is a better hitter, Cruz has more power. Morales could hit 25+ a year though with our RF helping.

I'd be fine with either. Both will fill the #5 hole in the line-up which is what we need.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Morales before FA started and still do. I wouldn't mind Cruz coming back at all either. Morales would be cheaper and ok with DH'ing. Morales is a better hitter, Cruz has more power. Morales could hit 25+ a year though with our RF helping.

I'd be fine with either. Both will fill the #5 hole in the line-up which is what we need.

:agree::clap:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Morales before FA started, and still do. I wouldn't mind Cruz coming back at all either. Morales would be cheaper and ok with DH'ing. Morales is a better hitter, Cruz has more power. Morales could hit 25+ a year though with our RF helping.

Morales also hits from both sides I believe. Is that correct Justin?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A source close to Choo says the outfielder considered the Rangers his "clear first choice," FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal writes. While Texas will enter 2014 with more left-handed hitters in its lineup, the club appears to be the AL West's best as things currently stand, Rosenthal says. He adds that the signing takes the Rangers out of the running for Masahiro Tanaka, if he's eventually posted.

I've seen quite a few people that think we've hopped into the ALWest favorites now. I still think we're 1 bat short. If you've got Rios batting 6th in your line-up you've done something right. 1 more JD!!!!

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreland + Sardinas maybe, and I would actually be ok with that

I would too. I'm actually a fan of Mitch and think he might be the next good 1st baseman we let go of. That said, I've braced myself for him being traded. Sardinas doesn't have a spot on this team, now, or any time soon. Odor has a better shot, and I can see us trading EA a few years down the road if Profar does what he's supposed to. We slide him to SS and Odor at 2nd.

I'm not sure who we would look to acquire.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A source close to Choo says the outfielder considered the Rangers his "clear first choice," FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal writes. While Texas will enter 2014 with more left-handed hitters in its lineup, the club appears to be the AL West's best as things currently stand, Rosenthal says. He adds that the signing takes the Rangers out of the running for Masahiro Tanaka, if he's eventually posted.

I've seen quite a few people that think we've hopped into the ALWest favorites now. I still think we're 1 bat short. If you've got Rios batting 6th in your line-up you've done something right. 1 more JD!!!!

I think there is another move coming, but even if there isn'ti feel like this team is several steps ahead of last year's team.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And beltre. Imagine the possibilities. Not like we need an ace, but it would be nice

That wouldn't get us anywhere close to an ace, but it might fetch a decent starter

I'd prefer to keep Beltre, think he does us more good on the bench than in trade

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Morales' agent. Isn't it Boras as well? Thought I read that somewhere.

Here Terps [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv-EZx-qI_8]11. Alter Bridge - Blackbird LIVE - YouTube[/ame] Proof I listened to Blackbird sung by Alter Bridge. Pretty good actually.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And beltre. Imagine the possibilities. Not like we need an ace, but it would be nice

I'm actually more inclined to keep Beltre. We need a quality fourth outfielder and he fits the bill.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is another move coming, but even if there isn'ti feel like this team is several steps ahead of last year's team.
Without a doubt. More experience for one thing i.e. Profar/Martin. Power at 1st. And actually I prefer Soto an upgrade at catcher. And obviously better in LF. Yes I believe we are.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the fence with the 4th OFer. I want Choice to get as many ABs as possible, which is obviously in the minors. What about when there's a lefty on the mound and Choo struggles against them? You would want that righty option.