• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I named a bunch and described them so you could pick which one suit your likes

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm of the opinion that people in general are lemmings and will devour whatever the suits tell them to.

Don't know if I can narrow it down to one. Would probably have to go with at least two very different ones.

Underoath and Noah Gundersen. Rise Against and The used are also awesome.

Then I love some old stuff like Dylan, Neal Young, James Taylor, and Jim Croce.

Nothing against any of them. Don't see any of the Rangers using any of those as their walk out music though lol

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing against any of them. Don't see any of the Rangers using any of those as their walk out music though lol

Forgot to mention august burns red has some incredible musicians too.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to mention august burns red has some incredible musicians too.

The Giants lol. Oh well, the Rangers signed the perfect offensive weapon today. Maybe I'll try a little August Burns Red tonight with a shot of Makers 46 tonight lol

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants lol. Oh well, the Rangers signed the perfect offensive weapon today. Maybe I'll try a little August Burns Red tonight with a shot of Makers 46 tonight lol

Huh? :noidea:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why, but I have a feeling JD has one more huge move coming. I think in his first season without Nolan, he'd love to go out and finally win that World Series ring. May not come until the trade deadline, but I think JD is pulling out all the stops this season

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright. I'm gonna name some songs here. Try to give them a a shot.

They're "best" song is called blackbird. The whole song is a metaphor. The guy who sold the singer his first guitar loved the Beatles song blackbird, but he got cancer and passed, so the singer wrote it as a metaphor saying he is making his way up to heaven.

On their new record my favorite song is called cry of achilles. I guess it's very " metal" sounding but very melodic and it pumps me up at the gym. It's my personal favorite of theirs.

They have a military tribute song called one by one.

They have a slower ballad song called watch over you that most people I ask love it. More acoustic sounding but great lyrics.

Then there are songs like UK mentioned like broken wings. But that song is from the first record which that entire thin is creed sounding. None of their other 3 records sound like creed but the first one does.

Give some of these songs a try. Blackbird got rated as having the greatest guitar solo of all time beating out hotel California. It's seriously a fantastic song.

Off Blackbird, Wayward One is bad to the bone

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dropped over to ESPN to listen to the experts and had several laughs like bringing M. Young as UIF.
Bennie, Carvell and Anthony never change. One line up had Baker hitting 5/6. He's still FA as I recall.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reverting to earlier conversations and does state taxes make a difference....well, here ya have it. This is from Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.

Still, the money didn't hurt. Texas has no state income tax, and the Rangers play a lot of road games in Seattle and Houston, where visiting players aren't subject to a tax on their earnings. The number crunchers at the Scott Boras Corp. concluded that he would have had to sign a deal for roughly $148 million with the New York Yankees to compare to the $130 million he'll receive from the Rangers.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dropped over to ESPN to listen to the experts and had several laughs like bringing M. Young as UIF.
Bennie, Carvell and Anthony never change. One line up had Baker hitting 5/6. He's still FA as I recall.

If I recall, the Rangers didn't make a tender to him, which assured him he wasn't coming back here.

Wouldn't you think, with the amount of research available and the tools/personnel ESPN has available, they'd be able to stay on top of any/all teams?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reverting to earlier conversations and does state taxes make a difference....well, here ya have it. This is from Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.

Still, the money didn't hurt. Texas has no state income tax, and the Rangers play a lot of road games in Seattle and Houston, where visiting players aren't subject to a tax on their earnings. The number crunchers at the Scott Boras Corp. concluded that he would have had to sign a deal for roughly $148 million with the New York Yankees to compare to the $130 million he'll receive from the Rangers.
Thanks Don. I was the one saying state tax has to be a consideration. Refugee thought it had nothing to do with Choo coming here. Thanks for clearing that up.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:laugh3:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Don. I was the one saying state tax has to be a consideration. Refugee thought it had nothing to do with Choo coming here. Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah I knew it was you on the tax side. I couldn't remember the other participant.

Crasnick also quotes a lot of why Choo liked Texas, including he likes playing ST in AZ, and the growing Korean population in DFW.

But like he said, the money never hurts and quoted the Boras Corp. Good article.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I suggested 6 and 132, he ended up getting 7 130... I'm content with that I have a feeling that last year is gonna be a bit of a bust, but thats ok, but I can still see him being a 2 WAR player at 38

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I recall, the Rangers didn't make a tender to him, which assured him he wasn't coming back here.

Wouldn't you think, with the amount of research available and the tools/personnel ESPN has available, they'd be able to stay on top of any/all teams?

I think he might have meant the ESPN message board, but ESPN has given up on credible reporting. They went the TMZ route and advocate sensationalism

Nathan Ahle/Triple 7

Autobots, roll out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so glad the Rangers signed Choo. They overspent a bit much, but he fills a big hole in LF. This will probably be the last big move offseason, though I wouldn't rule Tanaka completely out of the picture

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so glad the Rangers signed Choo. They overspent a bit much, but he fills a big hole in LF. This will probably be the last big move offseason, though I wouldn't rule Tanaka completely out of the picture

DH should be the priority over Tanaka. We can get a pitcher in a trade for Moreland +

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't rule a dh signing or trade out.