• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Awards Finalists announced

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I agree. But, I also think that, to any plugged in baseball fan, he already is.

I know but I think a lot of non baseball fans also know who Puig is.

Hell I love the kid...drafted in my MiLB draft last year.

Just my thoughts.

Also would like to see Trout win but as we know voters are old school. Miggy is going to win again.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees and Tigers among others looking at Grant Balfour. Makes sense.

The Tigers may be willing to trade Nick Castellanos to secure speed and defense. I can understand the need for better D, but you don't trade your top prospect for speed and defense.

The Red Sox and Rangers are reportedly early frontrunners for McCann - Yikes!

I thought Salty was worth 4/$30-32mm. I read he could get 4/$36mm. McCann is rumored to be asking for nearly double the annual salary. McCann may be considered better defensively, but he only threw out 24% of runners last season (also his career rate), and Salty threw out 21%.

Salty had as good an offensive season as McCann in 2013, and is younger. I would rather have Salty at less years and annual dollars.

Memo to Ben Cherington: "Please pass on McCann", even if we don't retain Salty.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I agree. But, I also think that, to any plugged in baseball fan, he already is.

it's not the plugged in baseball fan that makes these guys super-hyped. It is the casual fan that only knows what he/she sees on ESPN then runs out to buy jerseys and game tickets. These people don't know who Jose Fernandez is because he is not in the media spotlight, and also happens to play for an awful team.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's only one opinion in a million, but I hope Puig falls flat. Not for just this year, but for his career.

I have 2 reasons for my rant:

1. I think he is a punk that doesn't have respect for the game, its fans and players. Don't give me the "he's a rookie" BS either. Thousands of rookies have approached the game differently and still managed successful careers.
2. Baseball needs to stop fueling these ridiculous payments to Cuban "defectors", who are over-hyped and likely on more juice than Florence Henderson in the '70's.

Further to my comment on #2, I believe the Cuban government lets these players "defect" in return for payments from the player. I don't know how else I could explain the massive defections of Cuban players over the past few seasons.

If these player want to play in the majors, make them eligible for the annual MLB draft.

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not the plugged in baseball fan that makes these guys super-hyped. It is the casual fan that only knows what he/she sees on ESPN then runs out to buy jerseys and game tickets. These people don't know who Jose Fernandez is because he is not in the media spotlight, and also happens to play for an awful team.

:clap:
yahoo.gif
10.gif
yahoo.gif
:clap:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's only one opinion in a million, but I hope Puig falls flat. Not for just this year, but for his career.

1. I think he is a punk that doesn't have respect for the game, its fans and players. Don't give me the "he's a rookie" BS either. Thousands of rookies have approached the game differently and still managed successful careers.
2. Baseball needs to stop fueling these ridiculous payments to Cuban "defectors", who are over-hyped and likely on more juice than Florence Henderson in the '70's.

Further to my comment on #2, I believe the Cuban government lets these players "defect" in return for payments from the player. I don't know how else I could explain the massive defections of Cuban players over the past few seasons.

If these player want to play in the majors, make them eligible for the annual MLB draft.

When Fidel Castro died, his brother took over. And, since then, he has been working towards letting the better athletes leave to play their sports elsewhere. In fact, there is legislation in the works now that would open Cuba up even further.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he's just a kid new to the country and all that money and fame and fortune

he gets a mulligan for his rookie year

lets see how he comes back next year

this sport needs more personalities like him, just not the bullshit aspects of it

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this sport needs more personalities like him, just not the bullshit aspects of it

:agree::agree::agree:

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You also want him to play a little more fundamental baseball.

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that too

he's still learning, doesn't know completely where to throw to the cutoff guy

kid could be special

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree::agree:

If he does not come into next year as a much more mature young man, then I will be very disappointed. That said, as long as he continues to produce, well, certain things can be overlooked......

...until the production dips....

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he could be a monster if he works in the off-season on some things and comes with a more focused approach.

I don't mind the bat flip and the fist pumps. That makes it exciting.

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree::agree:

If he does not come into next year as a much more mature young man, then I will be very disappointed. That said, as long as he continues to produce, well, certain things can be overlooked......

...until the production dips....

you just described manny ramirez' entire Sox career

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just described manny ramirez' entire Sox career

And Rickey Henderson. And Deion Sanders. And others as well.

Funny how talent and winning can make an Org overlook certain things.....

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they had the human body pretty well figured out in Da Vinci's time. Apparently not.

Two Belgian surgeons have discovered a new body part—though there's potentially a 3% chance you don't actually have it.
In a paper published in the Journal of Anatomy, they confirm the existence of the knee's anterolateral ligament. They were far from the first to speculate on the mysterious "enigmatic" ligament, though: That honor goes to Frenchman Paul Segond, who wrote an 1879 paper that speculated about the "pearly, resistant, fibrous band," reports Medical Daily.
To put Segond's theory to the test, Dr. Steven Claes and Dr. Johan Bellemans dissected the knees of 41 cadavers.Science Daily reports they found the ALL—which sits toward the front and side of the knee, and connects the femur and anterolateral tibia—in 40, or 97%, of them.

But the news isn't just neat, it's potentially quite useful: The surgeons say their findings help explain why those who have treated an ACL injury still have issues, specifically experiencing "pivot shifts," in which the knee gives way. Based on the ALL's structure and location, the doctors assert that an ALL injury may be what causes the pivot shift. The men plan to next develop a method of repairing injured ALLs.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case anyone is interested in what the new stud Japanese pitcher Masahiro Tanaka looks like

1383707395013-sp-Masahiro-Tanaka.jpg

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case anyone is interested in what the new stud Japanese pitcher Masahiro Tanaka looks like

1383707395013-sp-Masahiro-Tanaka.jpg

For now, he'll be in pinstripes soon enough

Good Afternoon.