• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Awards Finalists announced

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was taken in the 60's. I've never seen hotter girls from that decade.

andre2.jpg

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shouldn't win just cause he had more publicity.

For as many good things he did a lot of bone head things too.

Jose was a Stud the whole year, he should win hands down.

Who said anything about publicity? I was just pointing out the fact that, once he joined the Dodgers, they immediately went from also rans to 1st place. That is not publicity, that is pretty much fact.

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really is nothing like two lovers in love........

The Bears beat the Packers on Monday. It was a most unlikely event. So unlikely, in fact, that a Packers fan in Wisconsin told her Bears fan husband before the game that he could shock her with a stun gun in the event of an upset. Aaron Rodgers went down, the Bears won, and the husband actually followed through:
A 12:39 a.m. a Mayville Police officer responded to Dan’s King Pin, 31 N. Main St., to speak to a woman who reported that her husband had used a stun gun on her three times while at Sidelines Tap, 111 S. Main St.
The wife said that while the two were smoking cigarettes outside of Sidelines, Grant had used the stun gun twice on her butt and once on her thigh. Grant said that the two had made a bet on the game as she is a Packers fan and he a Bears fan that if the Packers lost, she would be shocked with the stun gun.
THRICE. And he may go to jail for that, because use of an electric weapon is a crime, even, it seems, if consensual. You don't HAVE to follow through on bets, everyone.

Lot of Stupid people out there.

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about publicity? I was just pointing out the fact that, once he joined the Dodgers, they immediately went from also rans to 1st place. That is not publicity, that is pretty much fact.

Jose is going to win, sorry BigD

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Bears beat the Packers on Monday. It was a most unlikely event. So unlikely, in fact, that a Packers fan in Wisconsin told her Bears fan husband before the game that he could shock her with a stun gun in the event of an upset. Aaron Rodgers went down, the Bears won, and the husband actually followed through:
A 12:39 a.m. a Mayville Police officer responded to Dan’s King Pin, 31 N. Main St., to speak to a woman who reported that her husband had used a stun gun on her three times while at Sidelines Tap, 111 S. Main St.
The wife said that while the two were smoking cigarettes outside of Sidelines, Grant had used the stun gun twice on her butt and once on her thigh. Grant said that the two had made a bet on the game as she is a Packers fan and he a Bears fan that if the Packers lost, she would be shocked with the stun gun.
THRICE. And he may go to jail for that, because use of an electric weapon is a crime, even, it seems, if consensual. You don't HAVE to follow through on bets, everyone.

she probably has a cattle prod in the shape of a dildo.

does this mean I can't slap a girl when she actually asks me to? that's just not right!

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm cool with this. Except for the go to jail part. Don't let your mouth write checks your ass (or thigh, in this case) can't cover.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've said elsewhere Farrell succeeded the WORST Red Six manager since Don "The Gerbil" Zimmer backin the 1970s.

NO WAY do last year's Red Sox finish with fewer than 85 wins under a COMPETENT manager.

Iglesias for ROY I could see, Farrell, no.

Farrell turned around the pitching staff. He was working with many different players than the previous season. He managed a bullpen that lost it's first 2 closers and then Andrew Miller.

He took guys that many like you thought were overpaid and/or over the hill and built a winner.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was taken in the 60's. I've never seen hotter girls from that decade.

andre2.jpg

Hahaha those hot 60s chicks are all in their 60s now :lol:

Whose the freak in the middle?

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that Hanley might have something to say about this. Didn't he come back within a couple of days of Puig's debut? Puig was a spark, but like Floff said, his other shenanigans may preclude him from further accolades.

Of course, I can't stand his ass and I hope he gets NOTHING. EVER. (Unless hell freezes over and he starts wearing better colors, as in: black and orange :whistle:)

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I should watch this movie so I can keep up with this conversation.

Watch the old original, and this one, Breaking Training. Do yourself a favor though and don't follow them to Japan for the 3rd one. They had totally run out of gas by that one.

You will be happy with the time investment, as long as you remember these were made in the late 1970's.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is o.k. I am long used to the fact that the most deserving player does not always win the award.

Puig hit .277 after June with a whopping 26 rbis for the last 3 months. He hit .234 with RISP and .259 with runners on. He did manage .289 with RISP and 2 out.

Sounds a little over-Jetered.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only problem with the finalist picks is that Yadier molina should not be up there... Joey votto should... Molina was not even the Cardinals MVP this season... that belongs to Matt carpenter who had a far superior season...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Don't taze me, bro"

It was 7 years ago today that this famously went viral.

After refusing to remove his Dodgers hat at a City Council meeting, Charles Littleton is TASERed with 50,000 volts by Saginaw (MI) police. The 22 year-old Saginaw Valley State University student, attending the meeting to gain extra credit for a sociology class, became unruly, according to police, upon being asked to take off his baseball cap.

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig hit .277 after June with a whopping 26 rbis for the last 3 months. He hit .234 with RISP and .259 with runners on. He did manage .289 with RISP and 2 out.

Sounds a little over-Jetered.

Hanley was the reason that team turned around. Also if Jose played in LA, NY, Bos or another large market team the kid would be a household name.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hanley was the reason that team turned around. Also if Jose played in LA, NY, Bos or another large market team the kid would be a household name.

And I agree. But, I also think that, to any plugged in baseball fan, he already is.