• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Awards Finalists announced

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give it to McCutchen not because his team made the playoffs, but because he played a much more difficult position than Goldschmidt.

Granted, but Goldschmidt still won a gold glove, so it's not like he is a statue out there.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont seem much like a Theo-esque move to me

It's the new trend in managing. Instead of recycling the same old names, teams are starting to think outside the box and bring in younger managers with fresher ideas to deal with today's ballplayers. Many with good success.

Even though Farrell wasn't a first time manager this season, he was an up and comer when the Blue Jays plucked him from the Sox in 2011. Then the Cards hire Matheny in 2012.

Ryne Sandberg gets hired by the Phillies at the end of last season. Now, the Reds hire Bryan Price; the Nats Matt Williams; the Tigers Brad Ausmus; and now the Cubs with Renteria.

Guys like Terry Francona, Joe Maddon and Joe Girardi were also "green" managers not too long ago.

Torey Lovullo and Gary DiSarcina will get jobs too. Lovullo's opportunity could come this season, and DiSarcina was snatched from the Sox AAA job to become the Angels 3B coach. He could be Scioscia's replacement in the near future.

Which is why the Mariners hiring of Lloyd McClendon was so puzzling.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. I forgot Jeter has a closet full of those that were undeserved. I stand corrected.

BTW -your Rihanna avatar was much better.

:agree: I was just gonna say that

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really care that Farrell is the only Red Sox member on this list. They won the biggest reward and that's the World Series. I like everyone on the list and what Sox player is more deserving of an award besides this list minus possibly John Lackey

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics actually won a game! :whistle:

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. I forgot Jeter has a closet full of those that were undeserved. I stand corrected.

BTW -your Rihanna avatar was much better.

I know, I loved that avatar and probably would have kept it a long time if I hadn't gotten notified last night that it had to go.

:bawling: