• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10am Starts still hurt the Seahawks

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Coast teams' uphill fight with NFL - NFC West Blog - ESPN

link provided. Now bitch about the link "not being good enough"
in another Sando article, it says specifically, after Back to Back West Coast Trips made by the Patriots, the league got together and voted to change the "Burden of East Coast to West Coast Travel" Boo hoo.
Now, in this article, it didn't specifically say Kraft, but let's see, after BtB trips to the WC by the Pats.....hum, I wonder who complained. Also, Clayton contributed to another article, and I have heard Clayton specifically say it was KRAFT who made the request. Deny all you want, but your owner is the excuse maker.

No, "after the patriots made road trips" does not mean the same as "Kraft whined".

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only ones that complain about travel are the ones that have to travel the most. The nearest stadium to us is SF/OAK which is about 800 miles away. How many stadiums are within 800 miles of Foxboro?

Every team you play at home has to travel the same distances.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be that as it may, the Seahawks accumulate more travel miles than another other team in the NFL.

Which is the result of where they are located and unavoidable.

It doesn't help strengthen the idea that their road games on the east coast with an early starts puts them at a significant disadvantage. As I stated when the numbers were originally brought up, the far west coast teams were slightly below .500 overall and .360 or so on these long road trips with early starts. Road teams are already at a disadvantage, and these numbers aren't different enough to back up the claim that there is actually any damage done.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And regardless, the teams will be three hours apart in that cycle. You're acting like your team is just rolling out of bed while the other team has been up 10 hours. Changing the start times would have no net impact.

uh no, I am saying West coast player's bodies are at 10am when the East coast players are at 1pm. The prime time for strength and flexibility for the muscles, which is noon to early evening.

The west coast teams do see their teams get better over the course of the game and that is because after half time their bodies are at around noon or later.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, "after the patriots made road trips" does not mean the same as "Kraft whined".

I need to know.

Are you denying that Kraft made the complaint?

or

Are you saying there is no proof, unless a link is provided, that proves Kraft was the one?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's much easier for the body to recover when traveling east to west then west to east. West coast teams that have to play 1pm start times have not had the recovery time and essentially there bodies are still in 10 am mode and waking up while east coast teams bodies by 1pm start time are energized and ready to go. So that 3hr difference is a big deal.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if he was involved with it. I do know that what has been shown to me is questionable at best.

I also would significantly disagree with him if he did make that effort. It's a silly complaint and I don't agree with anyone on everything.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's much easier for the body to recover when traveling east to west then west to east. West coast teams that have to play 1pm start times have not had the recovery time and essentially there bodies are still in 10 am mode and waking up while east coast teams bodies by 1pm start time are energized and ready to go. So that 3hr difference is a big deal.

If it is a difference, then why do the numbers that your fellow fans posted not show this serious disadvantage? The teams averaged below .500 total and were .360 in these games. When the road team in general averages a little over 40% of their games, the gap isn't all that much. It's more likely that the miles make up that small gap than the time.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if he was involved with it. I do know that what has been shown to me is questionable at best.

I also would significantly disagree with him if he did make that effort. It's a silly complaint and I don't agree with anyone on everything.

Well that's a better response than I expected.
All I know for is a FACT that John Clayton, on his weekly show in Seattle, said clearly, Robert Kraft was the one that called for this vote. Now, maybe Clayton is full of shit and doesn't know anything, but that IS what John Clayton said.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not seen that. I do not know how confidently he claimed that if he did.

If Kraft complained, he is wrong.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is a difference, then why do the numbers that your fellow fans posted not show this serious disadvantage? The teams averaged below .500 total and were .360 in these games. When the road team in general averages a little over 40% of their games, the gap isn't all that much. It's more likely that the miles make up that small gap than the time.

My point is bodies don't recover fast enough for west coast teams traveling east. That is a big advantage for east coast teams whether you want to acknowledge it or not. I'm sure you've traveled non-stop coast to coast, so tell me how does your body react when you came back from the west? I know I was tired as hell for a few days and were talking about pro athletes putting there bodies through hell on really just on 1 day rest. Numbers don't explain everything.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The numbers were the basis of the claim. I do not have issues with cross country flights either way and fly commercial. These guys don't do that.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The numbers were the basis of the claim. I do not have issues with cross country flights either way and fly commercial. These guys don't do that.

Either you're super human who's body never changes, or you're a bull shitter and on this thread just to screw with people. So because you fly commercial and don't suffer from jet lag that means in your view, these teams who fly charter flights from west coast to east coast shouldn't feel jet lag because there on nicer/fancier planes then you and there isn't any competitive advantage the east coast teams have.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had most of the injuries you could think of except never broken a bone and laughed them all off. I don't consider myself special although I am not particularly inclined to pain. It's not really important beyond answering your claim that everyone gets jet lagged.

It is no different than the competitive advantage from the East coast team traveling west.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we flew to the east coast and played 1pm games our time, the travel wouldn't be an issue at all

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had most of the injuries you could think of except never broken a bone and laughed them all off. I don't consider myself special although I am not particularly inclined to pain. It's not really important beyond answering your claim that everyone gets jet lagged.

It is no different than the competitive advantage from the East coast team traveling west.

If its not that important to answer my claim, then why respond to this except to tell me that you're a manly man that doesn't feel pain. You couldn't be more off about your statement as well.