• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10am Starts still hurt the Seahawks

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A game in Houston would actually be a 11AM start Texas is on Central Time.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it started at 10 am...... lol

Body time.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A game in Houston would actually be a 11AM start Texas is on Central Time.

uhhhhh, its a 12pm game in Houston, but on the west coast its 10am. Could you be more wrong?

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uhhhhh, its a 12pm game in Houston, but on the west coast its 10am. Could you be more wrong?

Dont start times get moved to local time like your home games starting at 1 WST. So wouldnt that mean it would start at 11 WST

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need the committee to address back to back 10am starts for a PST team. One in the CST and one in the EST. That is what the Hawks are up against this week.

I will say that EST teams do have a disadvantage playing in the PST for night games like Sunday, Monday and Thursday night, but not sure how often that happens compared to PST teams playing at 10am.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont start times get moved to local time like your home games starting at 1 WST. So wouldnt that mean it would start at 11 WST

No the games start at 1pm EST or 4pm EST, regardless of where they are played, so in the CST it was a noon start and 10am for our player's bodies.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No the games start at 1pm EST or 4pm EST, regardless of where they are played, so in the CST it was a noon start and 10am for our player's bodies.

I guess your right I dont know I usually miss the beginning of the Rams games I usually pick it up at half time.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is garbage. That play was practiced all week, they knew what Houston would do presnap if they were going to run that play and they called it and won. It was almost Tecmoesque. According to the post game guys, Sherman had been picking the ball off on that exact play all week during practice.

Yeah I actually just read that. Just so you know, that happens every week for most teams. They study teams' tendencies. I watched a show about the Packers and Steelers Super Bowl and the exact same scenario came up. The only difference is when the db broke on the ball he got to it right when he needed to but Aaron Rodgers made a perfect throw and the db just missed. TD Packers. It was a great play by Seattle. He still should've taken the sack but I can understand it would be difficult when you're trying to make a play.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now let me understand because I dont live on the West Coast. I get the concept of jet lag you go east and it makes it seem earlier so you body thinks its 10am instead of one. Now since the majority of games happen at the 1 o clock time slot arent you really facing this issue every year with none divisional road games, and isnt everyone in your division facing the same problem.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now let me understand because I dont live on the West Coast. I get the concept of jet lag you go east and it makes it seem earlier so you body thinks its 10am instead of one. Now since the majority of games happen at the 1 o clock time slot arent you really facing this issue every year with none divisional road games, and isnt everyone in your division facing the same problem.

Yes every team faces it but we got 5 of these, the niners got 2 . The rams are central time so its 1 a hour difference and cards are mountain time so its a 2 hour difference.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link?

And no, if your team can't play on the road, that is their fault. I don't care if you travel to London for a 10am game coming off of a Monday night game. It is a pathetic excuse for an excuse, and is not near a legitimate complaint.

Oh, God, this coming from the guy from a team who only plays one game west of the Mississippi (Houston) all this season. 6 of the Seahawks 8 road games are further than New England's longest road game. The Seahawks will travel in two weeks (Houston & Indy) more than half the miles the Patriots will travel all season (3764 to 6059). (Miles calculated are one way only, and does not take into account back-to-back away games in which team did not return home.)

Also, are you talking about the London game where the home team had to travel 900 more miles than the New England Patriots? Effectively negating any possible advantage/disadvantage one team would have over the other from traveling long distances.

The next time your team travels more than 10,000 miles in a season, then we'll be interesting in your opinion about the effects that traveling long distances have on teams.

In case you were wondering, 1982 (strike shortened year where only 9 games were played) was the only season in which Seattle traveled less than 10,000 miles.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is doubly stupid is that we have an nfc west team (Rams) that play the their home games in that 10am slot. That means that all of their divisional home games are against west coast teams which I would think is a HUGE advantage. Just look at their division record last year compared to their overall record

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never really understood why any game between teams that aren't on the east coast (or in the Eastern Time Zone, rather) would be in the early time-slot. Each week there are usually twice as many early games (1 PM EST/10 AM PST) as there are late games (4 PM EST/1PM PST). Wouldn't it make more sense for the NFL to try to keep that as even as possible for TV-viewership (amongst other things)?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never really understood why any game between teams that aren't on the east coast (or in the Eastern Time Zone, rather) would be in the early time-slot. Each week there are usually twice as many early games (1 PM EST/10 AM PST) as there are late games (4 PM EST/1PM PST). Wouldn't it make more sense for the NFL to try to keep that as even as possible for TV-viewership (amongst other things)?

Who cares about the west coast ---NFL offices.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is doubly stupid is that we have an nfc west team (Rams) that play the their home games in that 10am slot. That means that all of their divisional home games are against west coast teams which I would think is a HUGE advantage. Just look at their division record last year compared to their overall record

I always though they should re arrange the divisions and put the Rams in the North. You have St. Louis- Chicago rivalries in other sports they should have it in football.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Richard Sherman pick 6 should've been thrown? Come on, man. Schaub should've been benched for that throw. They had the game in the bag.

Your Russell Wilson reference is laughable. He's the reason you guys were in position to ABSOLUTELY lose the game. Schaub gave it right back.
So since the whole game was "gifted" to us on one play I guess we must have won 7-6, right? I mean nothing else happened outside of that "gift" of a pick 6 according to our new resident 9er fan :lame:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Richard Sherman pick 6 should've been thrown? Come on, man. Schaub should've been benched for that throw. They had the game in the bag.

If the pass shouldn't have been thrown, then what the hell is a hot route for?