• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10am Starts still hurt the Seahawks

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I actually just read that. Just so you know, that happens every week for most teams. They study teams' tendencies. I watched a show about the Packers and Steelers Super Bowl and the exact same scenario came up. The only difference is when the db broke on the ball he got to it right when he needed to but Aaron Rodgers made a perfect throw and the db just missed. TD Packers. It was a great play by Seattle. He still should've taken the sack but I can understand it would be difficult when you're trying to make a play.

I know you said you read about the pick 6, but I'm going to put this up anyway. for those who may not of.

Richard Sherman’s interception return was no accident for Seahawks | Seahawks | The Seattle Times

"Quinn noticed on film that Houston liked to roll out Schaub off play action in short-yardage situations, then have him quickly dump the ball in the flat. So when the Texans faced a third-and-four with about three minutes left, Quinn dialed up a play designed specifically to thwart that. "

"Seattle’s defense had seen that exact play in Friday’s practice when going against the scout-team offense. In practice, Sherman also picked off the pass in the flat"

"Defensive end Chris Clemons said Seattle’s defense doesn’t run that play often, but he said Quinn knew what Houston would likely do on that play based on the Texans’ formation and down."

When you game plan for pick 6 based on yardage and formation, it's not luck. It's good planning and execution. As for saying he shouldn't of thrown the pass, well....you can say that about 90% of passes that get intercepted, right?

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you said you read about the pick 6, but I'm going to put this up anyway. for those who may not of.

Richard Sherman’s interception return was no accident for Seahawks | Seahawks | The Seattle Times

"Quinn noticed on film that Houston liked to roll out Schaub off play action in short-yardage situations, then have him quickly dump the ball in the flat. So when the Texans faced a third-and-four with about three minutes left, Quinn dialed up a play designed specifically to thwart that. "

"Seattle’s defense had seen that exact play in Friday’s practice when going against the scout-team offense. In practice, Sherman also picked off the pass in the flat"

"Defensive end Chris Clemons said Seattle’s defense doesn’t run that play often, but he said Quinn knew what Houston would likely do on that play based on the Texans’ formation and down."

When you game plan for pick 6 based on yardage and formation, it's not luck. It's good planning and execution. As for saying he shouldn't of thrown the pass, well....you can say that about 90% of passes that get intercepted, right?

So much for the 'gift' theory.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair Robot has corrected himself on the general board in a thread.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that too but I'm talking about that horrible pick that Wilson threw. You guys won and are 4-0. Just saying it should've been a loss. That's what happens though. Sometimes good teams have an off game and still find a way to win. All I'm asking is don't make excuses like the OP is doing.

"don't make excuses" :scratch: For what winning? Your not making sense. Perhaps bad wording?

What I see Screaming doing is bringing up the 10:am starts. 5 of those does seem excessive, but what can you do about it? Win them, which we have so far.

As far as Wilson throwing a pick, all I can tell you is, he's trying to make a play against a defense that was bringing the heat all day long. Hats off to the Texans, you can tell they really wanted that game and came hard.

Your not going to find anyone here complaining about Wilson throwing a pick. He doesn't throw them often and all QBs will throw a pick now and then. Wilson was giving his all yesterday and if you want to find someone to agree with you, about Wilsons playing yesterday, try the general board. I'm sure breaker99 would very much like to agree with you.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still make excuses even when Schaub gives you guys a victory? Your OL is banged up and were getting manhandled. Especially in the first half. The defensive gave up some big plays but also made some big plays. All in all you were gifted the game. Don't make excuses for winning.

:bullshit:

What is irritating is that opposing fans are saying Schaub gave us the "W" when w/out Schaub's 355 yds and 2 td passing day, Houston isn't in front by 7 with 3 minutes left. ( Our LB's need pass coverage improvement right now. I love KJ but he's been a disappointment and MSmith needs some coaching. We can't seem to lock onto a TE or a RB right now)

It goes both ways. Schaub is the reason Houston was in front and sure, he shouldn't have thrown the pass but the law of regression came back to even out his game.

A thread was started that talked about Schaub being error prone and throwing pick 6's and reason we would win. Schaub threw a pick 6 in his 3rd straight game. It wasn't a surprise and the best NFL CB capitalized.

If you had a ballHAWK secondary, then you'd understand and be saying how great your Defense is. We do it and we're just given a win... :nod:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough with the gifted crap. Schaub's problem is that he makes dumb decisions that cost his team dearly. So this was pretty much in-character for him. Throwing the ball at all in that situation was probably dumber. Our offense hadn't done a thing all day. Just punt the ball and let the defense do its job. If the Texans were well coached and typically handled pressure situations with discipline then yes, I'd call it a gift. But this just seems to be business as usual for the Texans.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the win, but whining about start times is absurd.

The 10AM starts are proven to be detrimental to West Coast teams playing on the East Coast. The facts are there. This is the response I would expect from a fan of an East Coast team. The fact the Seahawks are winning these games shows how good they really are. The reason its an issue is because the NFL bent over backward for East Coast teams limiting the amount of times they have to travel to the WC in a year to two (max). Literally. If you play San Francisco on the road you also get Arizona on the road. An East coast team will not play at Seattle and at San Francisco in the same year. Similarly if you play at San Diego you will also play at Kansas City. An East Coast team will not play at San Diego and at Oakland. So if the NFL is willing to do that for East Coast teams, why won't they do something so trivial as letting a game featuring a West Coast team playing on the East Coast be held in the afternoon (1 PM PT) instead of the morning (10 AM PT)? There is zero logical reason why the NFL hasn't taken this step.

Last edited by a moderator:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still make excuses even when Schaub gives you guys a victory? Your OL is banged up and were getting manhandled. Especially in the first half. The defensive gave up some big plays but also made some big plays. All in all you were gifted the game. Don't make excuses for winning.

Didn't the Rams gift wrap your team a W on Thursday night? Ours was a hard fought victory forcing the QB to throw a critical int while the Rams crapped the bed at home. I guess the Niners never made a spectacular defensive play to tie or take the lead at the end of a game.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 10 am Pacific starts are a competitive disadvantage for west coast teams whether anyone in the rest of the country wants to admit it or not. That the Hawks have been good enough to overcome that disadvantage is beside the point. There are enough disadvantages in football that occur naturally without the schedule makers building them into the schedule when they don't have to as well. This has been an issue for as long as I can remember and if you ask the fans (note I said fans, not trolls) of any other west coast team, they'll tell you the same thing. This isn't about having ready-made excuses in-case of a loss, it's a legitimate gripe and has been for years.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other problem is that the NFL doesn't see some of these match ups as marquee match ups which is why the Hawks have 5 1pm start times. Personally, I thought the ATL, Indy and NY Giants games could have been either National televised Sunday 4pm start or prime time Sunday/Monday night games. It is what it is and winning these 1pm games just gives the Hawks that much more confidence they can beat anybody.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kick Ass win the SuperBowl, problem solved. No point in complaining, the NFL isn't listening. It's a legit point, but has been beat to death IMO. Play with the cards your dealt.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, God, this coming from the guy from a team who only plays one game west of the Mississippi (Houston) all this season. 6 of the Seahawks 8 road games are further than New England's longest road game. The Seahawks will travel in two weeks (Houston & Indy) more than half the miles the Patriots will travel all season (3764 to 6059). (Miles calculated are one way only, and does not take into account back-to-back away games in which team did not return home.)

Also, are you talking about the London game where the home team had to travel 900 more miles than the New England Patriots? Effectively negating any possible advantage/disadvantage one team would have over the other from traveling long distances.

The next time your team travels more than 10,000 miles in a season, then we'll be interesting in your opinion about the effects that traveling long distances have on teams.

In case you were wondering, 1982 (strike shortened year where only 9 games were played) was the only season in which Seattle traveled less than 10,000 miles.

Grown men can handle flying on a luxury jet without an issue. Back in the days where you had to sit on a bus for a day, maybe it's a real concern. These days, it doesn't matter. Excuses are for losers.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grown men can handle flying on a luxury jet without an issue. Back in the days where you had to sit on a bus for a day, maybe it's a real concern. These days, it doesn't matter. Excuses are for losers.

You realize that Kraft was the one that headed the complaint about travel to the west coast.
So what you are saying is that Kraft is the biggest loser. I see, and I agree.:lol:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, link?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I said, once your team actually travels a distance even close to what Seattle has to do every year, your opinion would actually mean something. But, since that won't ever happen, then your opinion won't ever matter.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its the distance that is what teams gripe about, its the early start times. All you have to do is give those games the later start time and problem solved...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first of all any EAST COAST TEAMS fans need to shut up right now. It's a proven fact that traveling from the west TO THE EAST is much harder. So how did they fix this? The told EAST COAST TEAMS they wouldn't have to travel to the Hawks and 49ers in the same season. WTF, they babysit the East coast teams after one complaint from the NE owner yet for the past 15-20 years West coast teams have been begging for a change of the MUCH HARDER much more demanding West to EAST travel.

Who's cock is Kraft sucking?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is a little tidbit of info

According to Cold Hard Football Facts, the four teams from the west coast have a 32-57 record in 10 a.m. PST starts over the past five seasons. Five of those wins were by the 49ers in 2011.

Given the overwhelming evidence that teams from the west coast are at a competitive disadvantage when traveling east, and that scientific studies shows that an athlete's performance is at its peak late in the afternoon, the NFL should accommodate these west coast teams by scheduling games in the the Eastern Time Zone for the late afternoon time slot on Sundays.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yahoo_umadbro.jpg