• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10am Starts still hurt the Seahawks

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Hawks.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had most of the injuries you could think of except never broken a bone and laughed them all off. I don't consider myself special although I am not particularly inclined to pain. It's not really important beyond answering your claim that everyone gets jet lagged.

It is no different than the competitive advantage from the East coast team traveling west.

Someone who has never so much as broken a bone probably shouldn't brag about their ability to 'laugh off' pain.

Just sayin'

P.S. I'm a chef by trade, I burn, cut and bruise myself daily but I make no pretense that I can relate the kind of pain an average NFL player subjects himself to. While we're at it, I work dinners mostly. On the occasion I'm expected to do a breakfast party I am no where near the top of my game due to my inner clock. Just sayin'

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone who has never so much as broken a bone probably shouldn't brag about their ability to 'laugh off' pain.

Just sayin'

P.S. I'm a chef by trade, I burn, cut and bruise myself daily but I make no pretense that I can relate the kind of pain an average NFL player subjects himself to. While we're at it, I work dinners mostly. On the occasion I'm expected to do a breakfast party I am no where near the top of my game due to my inner clock. Just sayin'

What's your specialty, Chef?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we flew to the east coast and played 1pm games our time, the travel wouldn't be an issue at all

Either this guy doesn't understand the time difference and what it can do to the body. or he's on here just to be an ass.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me add this to the topic

THIS IS NOT ABOUT TRAVEL MILEAGE SO STOP BRING THAT UP. Who cares about how far we travel this has nothing to do with 10am Starts.

Yes it sucks to travel so far then play so early but this topic was about 10am starts vs 1pm starts.

for those that remember Sando's post he had it broken down by winning percentage and it was something like .500 at 1pm and .230 at 10am. these were the percentage of games played on the east coast at 10am and 1pm not home games vs road games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your specialty, Chef?

Sorry for the late reply Robotic, been busy and these boards move fast sometimes.

I'm trained in classic Neapolitan Italian but these days I helm the kitchen at an old private dining club in Richmond VA so I'm busy with traditional Southern American. I do sneak in some Italian stuff on them though. Why not? It's good for ya!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the late reply Robotic, been busy and these boards move fast sometimes.

I'm trained in classic Neapolitan Italian but these days I helm the kitchen at an old private dining club in Richmond VA so I'm busy with traditional Southern American. I do sneak in some Italian stuff on them though. Why not? It's good for ya!

I miss southern food. I haven't had hush puppies in years.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just sayin'

Except the majority of anecdotal evidence from people who have suffered from both imply that the pain of spraining an ACL or most of the other injuries I have experienced is much greater than the pain of breaking a bone.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its not that important to answer my claim, then why respond to this except to tell me that you're a manly man that doesn't feel pain. You couldn't be more off about your statement as well.

Because I reply to most posts directed at me that aren't blatant trolling?

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this Pat fan still believe that east coast games starting at 10am for West Coast Teams is "No big deal, and what is the fuss?"

Seattle has 8 road games each year. 2 will be against SF and AZ every year. Then there is the STL game, why in the world would the NFL EVER schedule a division game that is not in the home teams 'time zone'? ONLY the NFL, rediculous. This year, instead of a 10am game at STL, they scheduled it as a prime time game.

That leaves 5 out of division road games against non-division teams.
And guess what the fucking schedule makers did, they choose to make EVERY one of those games a 10 am start. That is not fair, not fair by any means. Yet the NFL claims that TV drives the schedule. Sure, how many weeks do we see twice as many early games than later games, (Not Including automatic late starts involving 2 WC teams), EVERY week. Not once in a while, EVERY week. EVERY week, prove me wrong, please, try.

On any given Sunday, please explain to me WHY the NFL needs so many early starts and very few late starts. Would it be a crime, hurt the viewing public, or what, to possible have more late starts than early starts?

But yet, the NFL adopted the "Kraft Rule" where no East Coast team shall have to travel to the West Coast no more than 2 times per year, and even went further by saying, we will pair teams together in scheduling to lessen the burden of traveling East to West.

What a bunch of SHIT, and yes, Robert Kraft was the head of this decision. FACT, but no link provided.

Go Hawks.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this Pat fan still believe that east coast games starting at 10am for West Coast Teams is "No big deal, and what is the fuss?"

Seattle has 8 road games each year. 2 will be against SF and AZ every year. Then there is the STL game, why in the world would the NFL EVER schedule a division game that is not in the home teams 'time zone'? ONLY the NFL, rediculous. This year, instead of a 10am game at STL, they scheduled it as a prime time game.

That leaves 5 out of division road games against non-division teams.
And guess what the fucking schedule makers did, they choose to make EVERY one of those games a 10 am start. That is not fair, not fair by any means. Yet the NFL claims that TV drives the schedule. Sure, how many weeks do we see twice as many early games than later games, (Not Including automatic late starts involving 2 WC teams), EVERY week. Not once in a while, EVERY week. EVERY week, prove me wrong, please, try.

On any given Sunday, please explain to me WHY the NFL needs so many early starts and very few late starts. Would it be a crime, hurt the viewing public, or what, to possible have more late starts than early starts?

But yet, the NFL adopted the "Kraft Rule" where no East Coast team shall have to travel to the West Coast no more than 2 times per year, and even went further by saying, we will pair teams together in scheduling to lessen the burden of traveling East to West.

What a bunch of SHIT, and yes, Robert Kraft was the head of this decision. FACT, but no link provided.

Go Hawks.

I'm not even sure why a Pat's fan is posting on this board. Especially a college student
that should be chasing tail or beer bogging. What a waste of time & some of the best
times of your life.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discuss the issues I bring.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol don't worry about my drinking or situation with the ladies. I do this while avoiding class work, not while interfering with my social life.

DunceKaep, what issues? I already said that you have no evidence Kraft initiated the move, but that if he did, he was wrong. Football's a mans game and shit like "we travel too much" or "we don't want to play right now" are excuses real teams shouldn't make.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Wikipedia:

Management after travelling east

Travelling east causes more problems than travelling west because the body clock has to be delayed (which is harder than advancing it), and the necessary exposure to light to realign the body clock does not tie in with the day/night cycle at the destination. [3]
Travelling east by 6 to 9 timezones causes the biggest problems, when it is desirable to avoid light in the mornings. Go outside in the natural light in the afternoon instead.
Waterhouse et al [3] recommend:
TimezonesTime to avoid lightTime to seek lightEast 6h0300–09001100–1700East 7h0400–10001200–1800East 8h0500–11001300–1900East 9h0600–12001400–2000
Travelling by 10 hours or more is usually best managed by assuming it is a 14h westward transition, and advancing the body clock instead.[3]
Management when travelling west

Travelling west causes fewer problems than travelling east, and it is usually sufficient to seek exposure to light during the day and avoid it at night.[3]
It it is advisable to travel in daytime, not too early or late, and to try to sleep onboard the plane, thereby extending the day. Try to adjust the body clock by going up and to bed late the last few days before the journey. Going up early to reach a morning flight is not so good.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still make excuses even when Schaub gives you guys a victory? Your OL is banged up and were getting manhandled. Especially in the first half. The defensive gave up some big plays but also made some big plays. All in all you were gifted the game. Don't make excuses for winning.

Troll, this is a thread about 10 AM starts.

Nice hijack.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any jet lag I have personally felt ( and I fly often) has been when I get home from the west coast or Alaska.....never have that feeling flying out.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grown men can handle flying on a luxury jet without an issue. Back in the days where you had to sit on a bus for a day, maybe it's a real concern. These days, it doesn't matter. Excuses are for losers.

Mike Holmgren would disagree with you. He said more than once when he was with SF, even they had a tough time with East coast games and Walsh had a difficult time getting the most out of his players.

Then again, maybe you are wiser in the way the NFL works compared to Walsh and Holmgren. It seems that many Pat fans seem to feel that way that they are, you know...wiser:noidea:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jet-lag is a huge factor for teams traveling eastwards through multiple time zones. It always has been. The only real counter-measure is to travel a day earlier because the NFL landscape isn't going to radically change in the foreseeable future.

teams_map.jpg

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jet-lag is a huge factor for teams traveling eastwards through multiple time zones. It always has been. The only real counter-measure is to travel a day earlier because the NFL landscape isn't going to radically change in the foreseeable future.

teams_map.jpg

The NFL's divisional alignment has been screwed up for years, but it used to be worse for the west coast teams than it is now. At various times throughout the history of the league, the NFC "West" has been home to the Atlanta Falcons, New Orleans Saints and Carolina Panthers, none of which belongs in the "west" divisions unless the league is in Europe. Hell, even the Baltimore Colts were in the division before the merger as part of the NFL Western Conference Coastal Division (with teams that were quite a bit west of Baltimore). Now the western divisions make much more geographical sense than they used to, except for the the fact that KC and St. Louis are both in the western divisions despite being east of three teams that aren't and are 600 and 1500 miles away from their respective closest division rivals.

The league is so tied to some long-standing rivalries that they'll forego logical geographical alignment to make sure those rivalries aren't disturbed. The Dolphins are 1300 miles or so away from any of its closest division rival and should be playing in the South and the Cowboys are still in the NFC East despite there being plenty of teams that make more sense for that division geographically than the Dallas Cowboys. As long as the league is intent on clinging to those rivalries, the divisions aren't going to truly be geographically sound.