• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10am Starts still hurt the Seahawks

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully we got two of our Division high 5 out of the way but there is no denying it. The Hawks still struggle at 10am. Seattle has scored 29 points in these games after the Half and have only scored 35 total. Out of those 29 points 23 have came in the 4th quarter or OT. This is a ongoing theme that Sando himself has thrown stat after stat up about. It's no Myth and it is a unfair advantage for all east coast teams. What really stinks is the fact they had east coast teams playing in the 1pm ( Pac time ) slot. In my eyes the NFL needs to do what ever they can to schedule Seattle, San Fran, Oakland, SD and AZ in the 1pm PST as much as possible. The fact that there is only 5 teams makes this very easy to do if they would look at it during the time they are setting up the schedules.

it would only effect at most 15 to 18 games in a 17 week season ( average of around 1 per week ). If they can Limit teams East to west travel when there are 20+ Teams on the east coast then they can easily limit the 10 am starts to 1 or 2 a year for west coast teams. I like good football and when you got a West Coast team playing at 10am their time there is a good chance you wont get to see good football till the 4th quarter.

But on a side note, this 10am win is just that much more sweeter because of the screwing over. :nod:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully we got two of our Division high 5 out of the way but there is no denying it. The Hawks still struggle at 10am. Seattle has scored 29 points in these games after the Half and have only scored 35 total. Out of those 29 points 23 have came in the 4th quarter or OT. This is a ongoing theme that Sando himself has thrown stat after stat up about. It's no Myth and it is a unfair advantage for all east coast teams. What really stinks is the fact they had east coast teams playing in the 1pm ( Pac time ) slot. In my eyes the NFL needs to do what ever they can to schedule Seattle, San Fran, Oakland, SD and AZ in the 1pm PST as much as possible. The fact that there is only 5 teams makes this very easy to do if they would look at it during the time they are setting up the schedules.

it would only effect at most 15 to 18 games in a 17 week season ( average of around 1 per week ). If they can Limit teams East to west travel when there are 20+ Teams on the east coast then they can easily limit the 10 am starts to 1 or 2 a year for west coast teams. I like good football and when you got a West Coast team playing at 10am their time there is a good chance you wont get to see good football till the 4th quarter.

But on a side note, this 10am win is just that much more sweeter because of the screwing over. :nod:

Not much we can do but kick ass. I've traveled back and forth the country and have always had jet lag going East but "never" have it going westbound. Headed West, you get in at 10 pm which is now 7 pm pst. So you stay up to 2 am body time, which is now 11 pm pst and then you hit the rack. Get up at 6 the next morning and you're fresh.

Try that going East, moving the clock forward and you're f'd everytime.

Great win and besides the 4-0 start, the best part is not hearing, "you guys can't win on the road". :yahoo:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to add in the Defensive part of all that.

in 10 am Games the Hawks have gave up 27 points total, 0 in the second half. Not a single point scored against the Hawks D in the second half of 10am start time games.

First half
Offense = 6 total points
Defense = 27 total points against
Send Half
Offense = 29 total points
Defense = 0 total points against

Last edited by a moderator:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The road monkey is dead for sure. We've now taken care of 2 out of the 5 10am road starts which is great.

And just think, we get Irvin back this Sunday. Our D really makes the difference on the road because they really did their job, so offense could really go to work in the 2nd half. This was such a huge W for us. NFL network guys couldn't stop with the praises today on this performance. Nice to hear these praises from guys who played the game at pro bowl levels.

Keep getting those Ws.

The continued meltdown on the SF board today over our win was sweet music as well.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still make excuses even when Schaub gives you guys a victory? Your OL is banged up and were getting manhandled. Especially in the first half. The defensive gave up some big plays but also made some big plays. All in all you were gifted the game. Don't make excuses for winning.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still make excuses even when Schaub gives you guys a victory? Your OL is banged up and were getting manhandled. Especially in the first half. The defensive gave up some big plays but also made some big plays. All in all you were gifted the game. Don't make excuses for winning.

Gifted the game? Seattle had a season-high 179 rushing yds today with 3 starting Olineman injured, including 2 probowlers. Against the #2 rated D in the NFL.

I'd say the mixture of depth, talent, and coaching got us that W today. Tom Cable has done an outstanding job with our Oline.

Not to mention, this guy

Seahawks%20Meme%206.jpg

dumbrabbit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So? Who cares whether we were "gifted" the win. We got the win. And we're in much better shape than the 49ers are.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So? Who cares whether we were "gifted" the win. We got the win. And we're in much better shape than the 49ers are.

Exactly. I love when haters say stuff like "You only got the win because blah blah blah blah!"

We got the win because we scored more points, plain and simple. Next?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gifted the game? Seattle had a season-high 179 rushing yds today with 3 starting Olineman injured, including 2 probowlers. Against the #2 rated D in the NFL.

I'd say the mixture of depth, talent, and coaching got us that W today. Tom Cable has done an outstanding job with our Oline.

Not to mention, this guy

Seahawks%20Meme%206.jpg

So the Richard Sherman pick 6 should've been thrown? Come on, man. Schaub should've been benched for that throw. They had the game in the bag.

Your Russell Wilson reference is laughable. He's the reason you guys were in position to ABSOLUTELY lose the game. Schaub gave it right back.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Richard Sherman pick 6 should've been thrown? Come on, man. Schaub should've been benched for that throw. They had the game in the bag.

Your Russell Wilson reference is laughable. He's the reason you guys were in position to ABSOLUTELY lose the game. Schaub gave it right back.

Apparently not.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are you talking about? The reason we were in position to lost the game was our O-line vs. Watt and Cushing and our vanilla play calling, which Bevell does every damn game in the 1st half.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I suppose Wilson's 98 yard touchdown drive and the fact that our defense shut them out in the second half were gifts as well?

And Sherman's interception wasn't athletic in the slightest, it was a gift too huh?

Keep digging troll.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? The reason we were in position to lost the game was our O-line vs. Watt and Cushing and our vanilla play calling, which Bevell does every damn game in the 1st half.

I agree with that too but I'm talking about that horrible pick that Wilson threw. You guys won and are 4-0. Just saying it should've been a loss. That's what happens though. Sometimes good teams have an off game and still find a way to win. All I'm asking is don't make excuses like the OP is doing.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the win, but whining about start times is absurd.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the butt hurt 49er troll. Gifted a win LMAO did you NOT see the 2nd half of the game? how many points did the Texans score in the 2nd half? how many did the Seahawks score? Gifted LMAO poor butt hurt 49ers LMAO.

Watch a Seahawks game and you will see that this Defense creates turnovers when they Need them. nothing new there.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good teams close the game with a lead like that,excellent teams come back and win.

This W was no gift,it was fought for.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is garbage. That play was practiced all week, they knew what Houston would do presnap if they were going to run that play and they called it and won. It was almost Tecmoesque. According to the post game guys, Sherman had been picking the ball off on that exact play all week during practice.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the win, but whining about start times is absurd.

\
Says the guy who's coach whined enough that the NFL made a rule where no east coast team has to travel west in back to back weeks.

It's not an excuse its a fact. West coast teams playing at 10 am are at a disadvantage. Seattle was good enough to overcome it, but its a huge disadvantage for all west coast teams and the nfl doesn't care.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link?

And no, if your team can't play on the road, that is their fault. I don't care if you travel to London for a 10am game coming off of a Monday night game. It is a pathetic excuse for an excuse, and is not near a legitimate complaint.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be lying if I had said I wasn't concerned about the game after halftime. I'm glad things turned around the way they did. As far as the defense went, waking up in the second half...thanks for showing up!

One thing to remember is that the Seahawks have a different mindset than we're used to seeing in baseball. When the Mariners trail in a game, it's usually GAME OVER regardless of whatever inning. But the Hawks don't have that mentality, and I applaud them for that.