• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst super bowl goal line call ever

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen. I have a theory on why Seattle did what they did. I watched the game like you guys, and on that play the clock was running. My theory is that Pete and Russell decided to throw because of the running clock. At best, the receiver grabs it and it's a touchdown. At worst, the pass is incomplete and the clock stops. Then on 3rd down they give it to Lynch, and if he doesn't get in, Seattle burns their last timeout to prepare for 4th down.

And let's be honest here: If Malcolm Butler was a step too late, or if Lockette was a step in front of Butler, we'd all be praising Seattle's back-to-back Super Bowl wins.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the reason to throw on 2nd. One time out left. One of those last three plays had to be a pass. If you make that pass on 2nd, then the Defense doesn't know what's coming on 3rd.
If you run and miss on 2nd, then the Fefense knows for sure a pass is coming on 3rd.

they put themselves in that position by running 30+ seconds off the clock after first down. just awful time management. u put yourself in the best position to take the lead. they worried about giving brady the ball back and it completely backfired.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen. I have a theory on why Seattle did what they did. I watched the game like you guys, and on that play the clock was running. My theory is that Pete and Russell decided to throw because of the running clock. At best, the receiver grabs it and it's a touchdown. At worst, the pass is incomplete and the clock stops. Then on 3rd down they give it to Lynch, and if he doesn't get in, Seattle burns their last timeout to prepare for 4th down.

Yeah. Both I on here then Carroll later to the press said that. How is that you're theory?

Last edited by a moderator:

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they put themselves in that position by running 30+ seconds off the clock after first down. just awful time management. u put yourself in the best position to take the lead. they worried about giving brady the ball back and it completely backfired.

I don't think they were worried about leaving time on the clock. I think, like we have seen over and over in CFB and NFL, they just weren't super ready for every situation.