• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst super bowl goal line call ever

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers blew it too in the Super Bowl vs. Balt. a few years back. Gore could of scored but the 49ers called some B.S. passes and it was over. This one tonight though it the worst I have seen by far. You got Lynch your money man and he does not touch the ball. They are talking big money for Lynch in a new contract too. Wow a big cluster fluck there.

Worst call of all time? I say yes.

They can't keep Lynch and Wilson.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard someone bet the Pats for over a Mill earlier in the week. How much did that guy love that ending.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl, 25 seconds to go, ball on 1 yard line, Marshawn Lynch in the backfield, if Carroll's not calling the plays then, fire him. Blaming the OC ?......does not compute

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to hand it to Brady scoring those two TD's late against Seattle. Brady did do something to win the game. Seattle also let it slip away.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forget the terrible play call for a second, and forget that it was a terrible conclusion to the play...

was that pass interference, it looked to me(and i could be totally wrong) that Malcolm Butler bumped into the receiver without giving the receiver a chance to make a play... was it simultaneous??

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was second down, and you had at least one TO, maybe two?

Give it to Lynch twice if need be. No way he doesnt get one yard.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl, 25 seconds to go, ball on 1 yard line, Marshawn Lynch in the backfield, if Carroll's not calling the plays then, fire him. Blaming the OC ?......does not compute

Because you don't undermine the guy you trust to make all the rest of the calls.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forget the terrible play call for a second, and forget that it was a terrible conclusion to the play...

was that pass interference, it looked to me(and i could be totally wrong) that Malcolm Butler bumped into the receiver without giving the receiver a chance to make a play... was it simultaneous??

I saw it as he was going for the ball, bang/bang.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn is gone to Atlanta to be the HC. If Bevel gets fired, Seattle would be looking for two coordinators.

PC runs the secondary and Bevell can be easily replaced by putting a head set on a bag of hammers.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh, in a goal line log jam, making a play on the ball? Never going to get called even if it was PI (and Im pretty sure it wasn't).

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it as he was going for the ball, bang/bang.

agree, the refs were good in this game not calling a bunch of borderline crap, there was a bunch of holding by both teams, but the refs let the game flow, it was fair and even. Good job by the refs overall.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was second down, and you had at least one TO, maybe two?

Give it to Lynch twice if need be. No way he doesnt get one yard.

Did you watch the game? In the 3rd quarter, the Seahawks had 2nd and 2 on the Patriots 10. Lynch got one yard on the first play and was stuffed on the second. The Seattle offensive line was killed on the line of scrimmage.

They should have read-optioned it, but it wasn't like Lynch was running the ball with ease all night. He barely had over 4 YPC, and the Patriots spent much of the game with a 3 man rush and LBs in coverage. The Pats' defensive front was laughably better than Seattle's O-Line. Any assumption of guaranteed scores seems stupid.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable. Makes me sick. I'm 100% against shotgun formation inside the 10. The field isn't open enough to warrant spreading the field. I facepalm every time I see it. But yeah, it's just horrible and I can't get over how idiotic that really was. To just hand the Patriots the game like that is sickening.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should it be interference? No. The defensive player has every right to the ball and Butler jumped the route.

Has the NFL called that interference in the past? Absolutely. Recently, any contact which inhibits a receiver's ability to make a catch has led to a flag, even if the defender is making a play. It was pretty clear Butler made contact before the ball got there and got in the way of Lockette trying to make the catch.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
serously, I can't even....

I haven't read this read and I don't give a fuck. Even if they get a TD with that throw how does it make any sense to leave time on the clock. I can't fukcing believe they threw the ball

srousley I canl fuckin belive it.

fdufgfp[9asl;adigjasdlkjglasdkgfasldkmnfgasekljnglasdfknglarjgasldkhgaslkdngasdlkngewasklnyerak

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable. Makes me sick. I'm 100% against shotgun formation inside the 10. The field isn't open enough to warrant spreading the field. I facepalm every time I see it. But yeah, it's just horrible and I can't get over how idiotic that really was. To just hand the Patriots the game like that is sickening.

it never comes down to one play, but yeah that was one heck of a gift, excellent D play though

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the game? In the 3rd quarter, the Seahawks had 2nd and 2 on the Patriots 10. Lynch got one yard on the first play and was stuffed on the second. The Seattle offensive line was killed on the line of scrimmage.

They should have read-optioned it, but it wasn't like Lynch was running the ball with ease all night. He barely had over 4 YPC, and the Patriots spent much of the game with a 3 man rush and LBs in coverage. The Pats' defensive front was laughably better than Seattle's O-Line. Any assumption of guaranteed scores seems stupid.

Better chance than throwing it to a terrible receiver on a high risk throw over the middle. If the Patriots can stop Lynch multiple times, which I doubt, more power to them.

There is no defense of the play call.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes, I watched the game.

I'm talking momentum, and feel for the game: They had NE on their heels. Before the last play, Lynch ran for about 5 yards and almost got in.

You have them rocked back, one TO, give it to him again, even tho it's tough to run for a yard at the goal line. If he does not get in, call TO, and you have third and one.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3