• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst Call in Super Bowl History?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even using your standard here. Which I would be fine with BTW.
There are automatic calls, no matter how they call a game. There is a hold every play played. They dont call it in certain ways, but will call it every time when they see pulling of a jersey when a defender tries to move away. Same with Defensive holding or PI. No matter how they call a game, when they see a jersey pulled on. They call it.
This very thing happened.
The Rams in the SB last year would beg to differ regarding PI.

Fact is, refs miss calls all the time, whether on purpose or flat out missed which is why there is a narrative about games being “fixed”.

And there are certain teams that benefit more than others, or certain players at the very least.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams in the SB last year would beg to differ regarding PI.

Fact is, refs miss calls all the time, whether on purpose or flat out missed which is why there is a narrative about games being “fixed”.

And there are certain teams that benefit more than others, or certain players at the very least.
well if they miss it. Then they didnt see it to call it. & if they did see it. Then it is worth bitching about. Seeing it & calling it isnt worth bitching about. It was a penalty & it was called.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say if they call that hold against Philly, how the hell do they swallow a whistle against the Ravens and Niners Super Bowl when Crabtree was held. That hold was about 5 times the hold that Philly was called for, lol.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it diverges from the standard established in the prior 58 minutes. My stance is this: pick a lane and be consistent. The Chiefs utilized far more press that day than the Eagles did. If they had this same stance on defensive holding, it likely is to the Eagles benefit over the course of 60 minutes because of the way the Chiefs chose to play press. My major issue here is that in the guts of the game the standard for officiating the game completely changes out of nowhere. Players adapt to the way the game is called. There’s a side by side video going around of similar action earlier in the contest involving Bradbury and Juju. It’s the same action (defensive player grabbing cloth to essentially sling shot them into position) and it wasn’t a call. People have been quick to look at Bradbury’s comments about it being a hold and he tug him. They’ve ignored the close of his quote which essentially said…I thought I would get away with it. Why? Because he’s playing football based on the established way that game is being officiated. Every game in every sport that employs subjective calls is going to have an established pattern for now the crew will interpret things. I have a problem with the timing of when they decided that defensive holding was going to be enforced with that. If they had been consistent with that approach all game I would have nothing to say.
LOL. Since when are the Refs consistent?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Since when are the Refs consistent?
Ha so true. At the same time, we’re getting closer to common ground. We agree consistency is a desire for the fans. Through 58 minutes that had been the case. Then it’s not. Now it ends your team’s season. You can see why people would criticize the flag.

Again…Chiefs were the better team and they lost because they out played and out coached the Eagles. Take this play out of the equation and you have 6-7 Eagles fuck ups that are arguably even more impactful in the loss.

But it ended the game though! The Chiefs had a chance to overcome a 10 point halftime lead. That official cheated us out of Jalen Hurts final reply.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha so true. At the same time, we’re getting closer to common ground. We agree consistency is a desire for the fans. Through 58 minutes that had been the case. Then it’s not. Now it ends your team’s season. You can see why people would criticize the flag.

Again…Chiefs were the better team and they lost because they out played and out coached the Eagles. Take this play out of the equation and you have 6-7 Eagles fuck ups that are arguably even more impactful in the loss.

But it ended the game though! The Chiefs had a chance to overcome a 10 point halftime lead. That official cheated us out of Jalen Hurts final reply.

He got his final reply right here...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at that play, I think he thought DaVonta was there. Seen wide open field and assumed the skinny kid was running free since hes hard to see.
What we heard locally today is that he slips on Jason Kelce’s foot he stepped on stepping into the throw.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you don't. He has shown you clear evidence that you are wrong.
Time to show some self-respect and admit you were wrong!
I would if I were but I’m not. Additionally, shut the fuck up and speak when spoken to, Masshole.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck! Philly Phags have been begging me to shut up for years!

Man up dude. He showed you clear proof!
No he didn’t. That would constitute 58 minutes of evidence provided showing that the same standard used to call a ticky tack defensive hold that had no impact on the play was employed throughout the entirety of the game. None of that was provided. You don’t have a command of evidence or understand how it works. Stay in your lane, bro. The only sport a Masshole can hang in with discussion is baseball. Massholes don’t know shit about football.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he didn’t. That would constitute 58 minutes of evidence provided showing that the same standard used to call a ticky tack defensive hold that had no impact on the play was employed throughout the entirety of the game. None of that was provided. You don’t have a command of evidence or understand how it works. Stay in your lane, bro. The only sport a Masshole can hang in with discussion is baseball. Massholes don’t know shit about football.
You have no shame. I pity you.....

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worse calls in sb history

- missed pushoff on Isaac Bruce to win a sb

- Matt Ryan forward pass called a fumble

- Malcom butler blatant dpi not called vs Seattle

- missed dpi at the goal line on ne in the rams/ne sb a few years ago

- David givens grabbing Ricky manning by his shoulder pads and throwing him the ground and not getting opi in ne/car

- the entire last goal to go for sf was a barrage of missed penalties by Baltimore

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the funniest worst call in a superbowl history is Hasselbeck getting called for an illegal block when he was trying to tackle a defender LOL
That crew was a mess the moment they got there.