• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst Call in Super Bowl History?

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders clearly caught the ball with both feet on the ground, turned to run, then got popped. Ball comes out, Bolton picks it up and runs it in for his second defensive TD of the game... I see people complaining about a stupid holding call, but this reversal takes the cake.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that thinks that was actually the right call?
I thought the Goedert catch should have been reversed.

I also thought the holding on the last drive was borderline. Not as obvious as a lot are saying. Letter of the law, sure, but don't show a still frame as you can do that on many, many plays and find a grab or push

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst calls were the Steelers Seahawks Superbowl.

Both the fumble reverse and the holding call were called the correct call by the person they affected the most. Bolden said that he went to the sideline and told his coach it was going to be overturned.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also thought the holding on the last drive was borderline. Not as obvious as a lot are saying. Letter of the law, sure, but don't show a still frame as you can do that on many, many plays and find a grab or push
I agree with you on your first two but the last one...

He clearly impeded the WR. Would he have made the catch? We'll never know but he would've been a hell of a lot closer. That's why I think it was the right call. It looked awkward. I think it easily knocked him 2 strides of his route.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders clearly caught the ball with both feet on the ground, turned to run, then got popped. Ball comes out, Bolton picks it up and runs it in for his second defensive TD of the game... I see people complaining about a stupid holding call, but this reversal takes the cake.

I seldomly side with the retarded refs but Its the whole football move thingy. He only got 2 feet down. In that case you have to make a football move. It was definitely close to being tucked but they may have gotten it right for a change.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s not a catch according to the rule. You can debate whether the rule should be changed but as it’s currently officiated that’s not a catch. He needs to take a third step after he gets possession. He doesn’t make a football move. You’re reacting to how slow it looks on replay. The Super Bowl is a big day for a bunch of casuals. I highly recommend investing in NFL football going forward and not just the Super Bowl. It’s entertaining like this on a weekly basis.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eagles had a lot more big calls go their way

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minor penalties until there's 2 minutes to go. Should have been 4th and 8. Instead the fix was in and the Chiefs were allowed to run out the clock.

NFL is getting worse than the NBA

What benefits do the NFL receive from the Chiefs winning instead of the Eagles

Philly is a bigger market

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not a catch according to the rule. You can debate whether the rule should be changed but as it’s currently officiated that’s not a catch. He needs to take a third step after he gets possession. He doesn’t make a football move. You’re reacting to how slow it looks on replay. The Super Bowl is a big day for a bunch of casuals. I highly recommend investing in NFL football going forward and not just the Super Bowl. It’s entertaining like this on a weekly basis.
The rule is actually for this very reason, so there aren't the bang/bang fumbles

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest tell was the that WR wasn't screaming for a call to be made.

Regardless, I would prefer Bradberry let him score the TD so the Eagles get the ball back with enough time.
Pretty sure KC would have kicked the XP.
But, if the Eagles had scored a TD on the ensuing drive, I believe they would have went for 2.

Oh, well.

Congrats to KC.

3 championships lost in a row. New record!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More this. And the fact the ball wasn't catchable

Yeah it didn't seem that catchable. However what's his name admitted he held and we don't truly know if it would have been caught without the hold.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest tell was the that WR wasn't screaming for a call to be made.

Regardless, I would prefer Bradberry let him score the TD so the Eagles get the ball back with enough time.
Pretty sure KC would have kicked the XP.
But, if the Eagles had scored a TD on the ensuing drive, I believe they would have went for 2.

Oh, well.

Congrats to KC.

3 championships lost in a row. New record!

Good thing Philly fans don't carry chips on their shoulders anyway

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More this. And the fact the ball wasn't catchable
I don't know if you can say that, it landed in bounds and had he not been held he might have got there

I neither hate nor like the call

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you can say that, it landed in bounds and had he not been held he might have got there

I neither hate nor like the call

I get it's a catch 22 for the league. You wonder how you can make that call there but at same time dbs can't get the green light to mug receivers late in game

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3