• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Eagles lost...it wasn't that call at the end

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the punter sucks. Been sayng it all year and it's a shame, yet predictable, that he fucked up in the Super Bowl too.
Yeah, too bad for you guys in that spot too. Ironically, isn't there a thread by RTK from last year or something touting this guy as the next Ray guy?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, too bad for you guys in that spot too. Ironically, isn't there a thread by RTK from last year or something touting this guy as the next Ray guy?
no. Better! Best ever.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the punter sucks. Been sayng it all year and it's a shame, yet predictable, that he fucked up in the Super Bowl too.
Wait, your best punter in the NFL, lock for the Hall of Fame punter sucks? can't be. RTK is never wrong...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, your best punter in the NFL, lock for the Hall of Fame punter sucks? can't be. RTK is never wrong...
Jesus! Did he say that about Sipos? Yikes. He’s probably a bottom third of the league punter before getting injured. Eagles should have rolled with the back up. At least you knew what you were getting.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus! Did he say that about Sipos? Yikes. He’s probably a bottom third of the league punter before getting injured. Eagles should have rolled with the back up. At least you knew what you were getting.
yuppers...

Think he may even started a thread about it

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked like KC was gonna pull through after Philly failed to match their TD and settled for a FG in their opening drive of the second half. It wasn't for sure, but I would have bet a lot of money KC would respond with another TD to that side out....which they did. The momentum swung ridiculously hard when KC knew a TD would put them in the lead imo.

Still, the Eagles really did have a good shot. The way they controlled the ball in the first half? Any other game but the 45 minute to one hour halftime Super Bowl and KC's D might have gassed out hard in the second half.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly getting fooled twice on that start-stop TD route... ouch.
On the first TD I thought it was mainly due to Kelce drawing coverage in the endzone.

But the second time?

Andy Reid's coaching staff was the only Eagles opponent to exploit this weakness?

It was like the Rebels finding the exhaust port in the Death Star. Like Bilbo spotting the missing scale in Smaug's armor. Leonidas funneling the Persian army into the pass of Thermopylae.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he is the worst punter in the league. He sucks. Can't pin it, hang it, or kick it far. Total shit.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recall RTK hyping the Eagles punter last year if he is the same guy. When he was hit with stats... he said he based his "greatness" on what he saw, but later acknowledged he did not watch all punters :L
Ahhh. Perhaps I overstated what he said but I thought for sure he said he was one of if not the best punters

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners will be favored next year in the NFC
Not with their current QB situation
It's difficult trying to predict the NFC favorite for next season. If the Eagles were to retain most of their key players, my guess is they'd be the faves, but they have a boatload of free agents and they obviously can't keep them all. I agree the Niners could be a QB away from being ranked at the top. They have one of the league's best D's and their offense is underrated. Was Purdy a one season wonder, will Trey Lance get another shot at taking the reins? Can't overlook Dallas either. The Rams have to be better than this past year, especially if Stafford is back to full health. Conference sleepers could include the Seahawks, Giants, and Lions. Honestly, it's hard to figure.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh. Perhaps I overstated what he said but I thought for sure he said he was one of if not the best punters

You are correct... he most certainty stated he was a great punter and one of the best if not the best.

That was from watching him punt, his rebuttal to all the stats being thrown at him regarding punters putting him in middle of the pack.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly getting fooled twice on that start-stop TD route... ouch.
That play was just nasty. I felt sorry for the defense. There was practically nothing they could do about it.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he did not catch it clean, ball was falling out the bottom of his hands.

He caught the ball. It wasn't falling out until he got hit. He just didn't take that step they have to take, after both feet are down, for it to be considered a "football move". I knew it was incomplete immediately, though I don't like that interpretation of a catch.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That play was just nasty. I felt sorry for the defense. There was practically nothing they could do about it.
They created it with bad habits taking short cuts. The player anticipates that he is going to take motion across formation. He calls the coverage audible too soon and then he gets caught in the wash and can’t play his responsibility. Saw a clip that showed Doug Pederson and the Jags using similar motion in the red zone vs Eagles earlier this year. That needed to be fixed and it wasn’t.