• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Eagles lost...it wasn't that call at the end

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles false start on 3rd and 1 sets it up. The next drive the Eagles get a 3rd and 1, convert, and go down and score 7. Could have just as easily been the last drive. Would have been 21-7 at that point. They had their chances, but got beat by a more disciplined team that's been in big games before.
even with free agents PHilly has, no reason they're not the favorite next year

They have the best young QB in the NFC

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The punter was playing for the first time in weeks. He had been injured and Philly had another punter, Brett Kern, for the earlier playoff games.
Brett Kern is a shit punter and Sippos is a shit punter.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they made two huge mistakes.

But Nick Bolton got robbed of his second defensive touchdown and a Super Bowl MVP.
That wasn't even close to a catch and fumble. Sorry you don't understand football.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even with free agents PHilly has, no reason they're not the favorite next year

They have the best young QB in the NFC
Hopefully he'll be better in the next one. Got bailed out by Goedert on a few and can't hand them an unforced seven.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, but the Chiefs would have scored anyway on those drives. Just made it a lot easier by not covering the guy.
They were both third downs. The Chiefs were banking on Philly not having figured it out the second time.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the radio just heard no team has ever lost a Super Bowl scoring 35 or more points. In fact no team has ever lost a conference championship either when scoring that many. Teams were 39-0 in those games until last night.

KC and Mahomes carved up the Eagles defense, plain and simple. The team with 70 sacks in the regular season didn't sack Mahomes once, on one leg. Dudes were open all day.

Even if that penalty isn't called, KC is up by 3 with 90 seconds or so left. Obviously would have been fun seeing that final drive to tie or win, maybe go to OT. But the Eagles lost because their defense didn't get it done.

The Eagles players and coaches are saying the same thing, to their credit, being classy. The Eagles fans not so much apparently on the radio there, predictably.
Some Eagles fans obviously had high expectations and were believing the hype.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he'll be better in the next one. Got bailed out by Goedert on a few and can't hand them an unforced seven.
I think he needs to get better at few things and long term so much of his game is built on being a dual threat, I could see him flaming out "early" but Brees/Rodgers/Brady playing at high levels in their 30's isn't exactly the norm with most QB's

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a catch. Both feet and another step doesn’t need some sort of judgement ruling.
it does by the way the rule is written. 3 parts to a catch in the nfl. 1. control of ball. 2. two feet down in bounds. 3. A football move. That play only had the first two. It was the right call. Now bitch about the rule or whatever, but it was the right call as the rule is written.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Eagles fans obviously had high expectations and were believing the hype.
So did a lot of us, they were the (slight) favorite after all

Play that game 10 times and each team probably wins it 5. Pretty close matchup.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were both third downs. The Chiefs were banking on Philly not having figured it out the second time.
Reid vs Gannon. Said last week that was where they have us beat. Had to hope it didn't show up too big, but it ended up being the highlight of the match.

I dunno what the fuck that Vic Fangio noise was about. Since it didn't work, have to assume it was a big mistake.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it does by the way the rule is written. 3 parts to a catch in the nfl. 1. control of ball. 2. two feet down in bounds. 3. A football move. That play only had the first two. It was the right call. Now bitch about the rule or whatever, but it was the right call as the rule is written.
I’d rather bitch about you being all cunty tbh.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I had a devil of a time trying to explain to my wife and son why that wasn't a catch. And then, right after that was the Goedert catch where he was juggling a bit before stepping OOB. They kept saying, "If that second one is a catch, then why wasn't the first one???"

I finally had to throw out the "Look, it's really up to the refs, I have no idea what's a catch in the NFL anymore" line.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I had a devil of a time trying to explain to my wife and son why that wasn't a catch. And then, right after that was the Goedert catch where he was juggling a bit before stepping OOB. They kept saying, "If that second one is a catch, then why wasn't the first one???"

I finally had to throw out the "Look, it's really up to the refs, I have no idea what's a catch in the NFL anymore" line.
All 3 of those pass plays were called correctly, I fully commend the refs for last night, it was honestly one of the best called games in recent memory other than that one Eagles lineman looks like he false started about 50 times.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other than that one Eagles lineman looks like he false started about 50 times.
Yeah, he'd been getting away with that all through the playoffs. Still boggles the mind a bit