• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl LVII Talk

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Reid vs the first team he coached.
Kelce vs Kelce
Youngest combined age for the two starting QBs in Super Bowl history.

Some cool story lines this year.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact: Nick Sirianni was once a Chiefs coach.

He was the Offensive Quality Control Coach under Todd Haley, and the WR's coach under Romeo Crennel in 2012. He was technically fired by Andy Reid and was amongst the coaching staff that was sacked when Andy Reid took the job.

Sidenote: Giants HC Brian Daboll was the OC on that 2012 Chiefs team

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact: Nick Sirianni was once a Chiefs coach.

He was the Offensive Quality Control Coach under Todd Haley, and the WR's coach under Romeo Crennel. He was technically fired by Andy Reid and was amongst the coaching staff that was sacked when Andy Reid took the job.
He spoke highly of Andy being forthright about the situation and doing things in a timely manner that would allow him to put his name on the street so he could get another position. Nick met his wife during that stint in KC. Knowing Nick though, this week he has manufactured disrespect in conflating this to "Reid didn't want me and didn't think I'm good enough." He always seems to seek those kind of edges with himself and his team.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows this is going to be the SB with the biggest asterisk ever attached to it.

I mean the Eagles season is just a fluke. And KC obviously paid the refs.

Season 4 Troll GIF by Living Single

That aught to get the conversation flowing.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows this is going to be the SB with the biggest asterisk ever attached to it.

I mean the Eagles season is just a fluke. And KC obviously paid the refs.

Season 4 Troll GIF by Living Single

That aught to get the conversation flowing.

Chiefs were awarded a Mickey Mouse 1 seed!!!

Faked an injury in the Divisional Round!

Paid the Refs in the AFCCG!

Mickey Mouse SB team in my book!

Also, OTD, this happened:

Last edited:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Downside of being in a knockout and dragout street fight for 4 quarters... it often comes with injuries:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to find something on it but I am pretty sure that Jalen Hurts sets the record for most rushing yards in a regular season for a QB that plays in the SB just edging out Cam Newton from his magical year. The next after that I believe (just guessing more than anything) was McNair.

Not many QB's who have made the SB did it all year by using their legs a lot.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to find something on it but I am pretty sure that Jalen Hurts sets the record for most rushing yards in a regular season for a QB that plays in the SB just edging out Cam Newton from his magical year. The next after that I believe (just guessing more than anything) was McNair.

Not many QB's who have made the SB did it all year by using their legs a lot.
Yep. Gotta be honest, I was concerned about this going back to last year. I kept thinking of Lamar and how he’s been so great in the regular season but exposed in the playoffs. Run heavy QBs don’t usually get this far.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope it's a helluva game.

Gotta figure out what the S.B. menu will be.

And hopefully some funny commercials.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one I’m following is Snead. He’s a key piece to that secondary.
That's probably fair. Joshua Williams can run with WR's and limit separation, but he doesn't really do the nuance of the position very well. See, running/mirroring Jamarr Chase but not playing the ball, with the ball ultimately hitting Chase in the helmet. That's Williams in a nutshell his rookie year.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's probably fair. Joshua Williams can run with WR's and limit separation, but he doesn't really do the nuance of the position very well. See, running/mirroring Jamarr Chase but not playing the ball, with the ball ultimately hitting Chase in the helmet. That's Williams in a nutshell his rookie year.
I just think Snead is the old head with experience which is so key in the secondary with all of the conversions that have to take place and be communicated.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m locked out of the Championship Week thread so I’ll put this here. This is Jonathon Gannon being spotted by Eagles fans arriving at the Linc on Sunday.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC he was a flag machine for awhile. The mirroring is probably due to him being too raw/paranoid to display any physicality.

Eagles matchup is quite a bit different than the Bengals matchup. No 'empty set' pass rushes ignoring the QB mobility. Granted even Joe Burrow and Drew Lock find ways to get big gains on those. But guys like Nick Bolton become more important. Bengals matchup the LBers didnt really do much best I could tell. LBers probably pretty key against the Eagles.

Id really like to see Toney healthy against the Eagles. Seems like he'd relish being in a Super Bowl. Get 100% of the gumby man.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game will be dominated by the Philly pass rush.
Mahomes just won't have the time he needs to throw. Coupled with the fact that the ankle won't be all that much better.

You would have to assume the ankle was probably the worst it had been after the Bengal's game. So it got a week of rest but this week he will have to start testing in practice. It just will not get any time to heal.