• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Eagles lost...it wasn't that call at the end

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus! Did he say that about Sipos? Yikes. He’s probably a bottom third of the league punter before getting injured. Eagles should have rolled with the back up. At least you knew what you were getting.
It was the second Lions cast off that rtk was convinced was great. The other being the wr.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Purdy is healthy depending on how his elbow was affected.
WAY too soon to know, there's the draft and injuries and free agency and all that.

They should be favorites to win the division again but Seattle will be there too and maybe the Rams

Eagles will be very good again, Packers maybe if Rodgers stays, Lions up and coming, etc.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAY too soon to know, there's the draft and injuries and free agency and all that.

They should be favorites to win the division again but Seattle will be there too and maybe the Rams

Eagles will be very good again, Packers maybe if Rodgers stays, Lions up and coming, etc.
Right lots of teams gonna be decent but as far as NFC favorites if we keep the core together it’s hard to pick against them.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right lots of teams gonna be decent but as far as NFC favorites if we keep the core together it’s hard to pick against them.
Eagles same though. There won't be a clear favorite to start the year.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the radio just heard no team has ever lost a Super Bowl scoring 35 or more points. In fact no team has ever lost a conference championship either when scoring that many. Teams were 39-0 in those games until last night.

KC and Mahomes carved up the Eagles defense, plain and simple. The team with 70 sacks in the regular season didn't sack Mahomes once, on one leg. Dudes were open all day.

Even if that penalty isn't called, KC is up by 3 with 90 seconds or so left. Obviously would have been fun seeing that final drive to tie or win, maybe go to OT. But the Eagles lost because their defense didn't get it done.

The Eagles players and coaches are saying the same thing, to their credit, being classy. The Eagles fans not so much apparently on the radio there, predictably.
I actually think KC running the ball so effectively won them the game.
Just a solid game plan from Reid, great O-Line play, and Mahomes was Mahomes.

What would have been really interesting is that if Bradberry had just let the receiver go, maybe it's overthrown and maybe it's a TD. If it had been a TD, KC kicks the XP. If Hurts takes them down and they score a TD, I think Siriani goes for 2 and the outright win.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at that list and just off the top of my head, there's only a handful of guys on that list at most that they need to sign. Most of them can walk with little effect, imo. I would say sign Hargrave, Seumalo, Gardner- Johnson, Bradberry and try to bring back Kelce if he doesn't retire. Eagles fans can correct me if I'm wrong here but most of those guys are easily replaced or are near the end of their careers. The bigger question is how big of an extension they give Hurts this off season. They should get ahead of it before the other QBs sign if he's willing and they can, imo. Like KC did with Mahomes and the Bills with Allen because a lot of big QB contracts are coming this year.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Purdy is healthy depending on how his elbow was affected.
Yeah, that will one of the things we will have to wait and see on. Purdy never had a cannon of an arm to begin with. That isn't the end all, be all but it is something to think about. Great kid and decent skillset but that injury and surgery could take time to get his strength back. Not a knock on him either here and not doubting he can bounce back but we just won't know until we see it.
Having said that, I would think they have to go into the season expecting to give Lance some serious playing time to see how he develops and what they need to do. Too much invested in him to have him just carrying a clipboard, imo.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at that list and just off the top of my head, there's only a handful of guys on that list at most that they need to sign. Most of them can walk with little effect, imo. I would say sign Hargrave, Seumalo, Gardner- Johnson, Bradberry and try to bring back Kelce if he doesn't retire. Eagles fans can correct me if I'm wrong here but most of those guys are easily replaced or are near the end of their careers. The bigger question is how big of an extension they give Hurts this off season. They should get ahead of it before the other QBs sign if he's willing and they can, imo. Like KC did with Mahomes and the Bills with Allen because a lot of big QB contracts are coming this year.
Not bad. They have an either or on CJ Gardener Johnson and Bradbury. For me, I’m paying Gardener Johnson over Bradbury. It’s cheaper and he is the more versatile player. He seems like Malcolm Jenkins part 2… a guy who started at corner but became a safety. He can cover in the slot and he can make plays in the deep half or deep third. He can also play around the line of scrimmage. I wouldn’t be mad if they found a way to sign Bradbury but I think he will be too expensive. He had a great year at the right time. I think Hargraves is the only DT with a shot of getting a contract. I think they let Fletcher Cox walk. BG and Kelce may be team friendly one year deals if they don’t retire. There will be a place for them on this team as long as they want it and are willing to do a team friendly one year at a reasonable cost. I think they move on from Seamalu. He grades as their worst starter on the OL. The idea behind paying OL coach Stoudtland what they pay him is so they can go next man up at the guard spot. 3 rookies who didn’t get a lot of run will be big contributors next year. Nakobe Dean will slide into TJ Edwards spot if they don’t resign him or he moves to the spot vacated by Kyzier White who is assuredly not coming back. Jordan Davis will be the starter at one DT. I think he’s a nice complement to Hargraves. Hargraves gives you a plus pass rusher wherein Davis is a run stopper. Cam Jurgens was drafted to be the heir apparent to Kelce. If Kelce comes back, Jurgens will play the departed Seamalu guard spot. In the draft the Eagles should look CB and Edge with their two first round picks. Later they need to pick up RB, a slot WR/punt returner and always more line depth with some late picks on secondary that can be utilized for special teams. They will also likely have to spend some money on a back up QB. Ian Book isn’t ready to be the 2 replacing Minshew who is likely looking for a spot he can possibly compete for a starting job.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that will one of the things we will have to wait and see on. Purdy never had a cannon of an arm to begin with. That isn't the end all, be all but it is something to think about. Great kid and decent skillset but that injury and surgery could take time to get his strength back. Not a knock on him either here and not doubting he can bounce back but we just won't know until we see it.
Having said that, I would think they have to go into the season expecting to give Lance some serious playing time to see how he develops and what they need to do. Too much invested in him to have him just carrying a clipboard, imo.
Tough situation either way cause Lance hadn’t even started hardly any games. He needs time badly. Hard to develop when you don’t play and college had had a year off by the time he was in NFL and then sat behind Jimmy. Not much field
Time but he has an arm and potential id he can reach that potential.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no not andre dillard!!

This list reminds us how forward thinking the Eagles are and why they never got caught unprepared and resourceless.

At the top, you have 2 DTs and the center. Last year they drafted DT round 1 and center round 2.

The other starting name at the top is a DE and they signed the best young FA pass rusher last year.

Bradberry, CGJ, and White were all bandaids anyway. Amazing how good the Eagles were at adding short term fixes here. They'll do it again.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no not andre dillard!!

This list reminds us how forward thinking the Eagles are and why they never got caught unprepared and resourceless.

At the top, you have 2 DTs and the center. Last year they drafted DT round 1 and center round 2.

The other starting name at the top is a DE and they signed the best young FA pass rusher last year.

Bradberry, CGJ, and White were all bandaids anyway. Amazing how good the Eagles were at adding short term fixes here. They'll do it again.
Gardner Johnson is a find and he needs to stay. You can get off the hook relatively cheaply at safety.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough situation either way cause Lance hadn’t even started hardly any games. He needs time badly. Hard to develop when you don’t play and college had had a year off by the time he was in NFL and then sat behind Jimmy. Not much field
Time but he has an arm and potential id he can reach that potential.
Trey Lance might end up being the James Wiseman of the NFL (very similar start to their careers, not much run in college, lots of natural talent but no experience, injuries, Covid, etc). And so far that's not great.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Lance might end up being the James Wiseman of the NFL (very similar start to their careers, not much run in college, lots of natural talent but no experience, injuries, Covid, etc). And so far that's not great.
Hope he ends up a stud, but not sure lol

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad. They have an either or on CJ Gardener Johnson and Bradbury. For me, I’m paying Gardener Johnson over Bradbury. It’s cheaper and he is the more versatile player. He seems like Malcolm Jenkins part 2… a guy who started at corner but became a safety. He can cover in the slot and he can make plays in the deep half or deep third. He can also play around the line of scrimmage. I wouldn’t be mad if they found a way to sign Bradbury but I think he will be too expensive. He had a great year at the right time. I think Hargraves is the only DT with a shot of getting a contract. I think they let Fletcher Cox walk. BG and Kelce may be team friendly one year deals if they don’t retire. There will be a place for them on this team as long as they want it and are willing to do a team friendly one year at a reasonable cost. I think they move on from Seamalu. He grades as their worst starter on the OL. The idea behind paying OL coach Stoudtland what they pay him is so they can go next man up at the guard spot. 3 rookies who didn’t get a lot of run will be big contributors next year. Nakobe Dean will slide into TJ Edwards spot if they don’t resign him or he moves to the spot vacated by Kyzier White who is assuredly not coming back. Jordan Davis will be the starter at one DT. I think he’s a nice complement to Hargraves. Hargraves gives you a plus pass rusher wherein Davis is a run stopper. Cam Jurgens was drafted to be the heir apparent to Kelce. If Kelce comes back, Jurgens will play the departed Seamalu guard spot. In the draft the Eagles should look CB and Edge with their two first round picks. Later they need to pick up RB, a slot WR/punt returner and always more line depth with some late picks on secondary that can be utilized for special teams. They will also likely have to spend some money on a back up QB. Ian Book isn’t ready to be the 2 replacing Minshew who is likely looking for a spot he can possibly compete for a starting job.

I bet you that CJG gets a bigger deal than Bradbury.

Teams arent going to fight over the right to sign a CB like Bradbury to his twilight contract where you know he is going to be worse over the next 2-3 seasons then he was the last 2-3 seasons. 30 year old corners are scary.

But CJG is going to have one hell of a market. His move to safety this year was a tremendous success. I bet some team around the league goes at him like Jacksonville went after Kirk.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you that CJG gets a bigger deal than Bradbury.

Teams arent going to fight over the right to sign a CB like Bradbury to his twilight contract where you know he is going to be worse over the next 2-3 seasons then he was the last 2-3 seasons. 30 year old corners are scary.

But CJG is going to have one hell of a market. His move to safety this year was a tremendous success. I bet some team around the league goes at him like Jacksonville went after Kirk.
Could happen for sure. Position wise though CBs traditionally get paid more than corners. Shit! I just looked it up typing this post. I didn’t realize that safety values have risen to the level where it’s just a tick below corners. Even more reason for me to say the Eagles can only afford one and that Gardner Johnson is the one to go after.