• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl LVII Talk

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slowly but surely we’re getting there…
96A6CF2A-CD70-4F0B-A00B-83B1C7BAC4EC.png

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could talk about how both teams drafted a Center in rd2 and they're really good. (Dickerson is a guard? Nm)

I believe both teams benefited from the gas mask incident, too. Tunsil fell to Miami who later traded him for a lot of picks that they would use to acquire Waddle and Tyreek Hill IIRC.

I also think both teams took advantage of Gettleman and the Giants. Bradbury and Toney.

Unfortunately the Chiefs failed to get one of the Titans best players.
Actually, I think you may be good. The Eagles drafted Cam Jurgens the heir apparent to Kelce this past draft and I can’t remember if it was the 2nd or 3rd round.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think you may be good. The Eagles drafted Cam Jurgens the heir apparent to Kelce this past draft and I can’t remember if it was the 2nd or 3rd round.
It was the 2nd. But our hall of fame center came from the 5th round.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you guys are overloaded with oline talent. A PFF talking point recently that oline was overrated once you got it to average. I think that's pretty clearly not true

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you guys are overloaded with oline talent. A PFF talking point recently that oline was overrated once you got it to average. I think that's pretty clearly not true
Shhh… don’t tell anybody but this dude is the secret sauce.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't. But then we aren't making fun of the 'centers are valuable' topic that went on for like 50 pages
I’m a former OL so I would be all over support for that claim haha. Center is the most under appreciated position in modern football. These schemes are so elaborate now with adjustments built in that he has to be almost as cerebral as the QB.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shhh… don’t tell anybody but this dude is the secret sauce.

Imo, really good Oline coaches are one of the best assets a team can have and worth keeping. Talent is obviously important but when injuries happen, being able to get the backup in there with very little fall off is crucial. Stoutland is definitely one of the best at it. The Eagles philosophy in that regard has been very consistent and smart. Solid drafting and evaluating and a steady hand teaching. Good formula.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dickerson played center at Alabama his last year, and there was some talk of him maybe playing there down the line...until he lined up at LG next to LT Jordan Mailata. Those two monsters on the left side together immediately excited the Eagles coaches, and I don't think either is moving from those starting positions for a long time, barring injury. Both are better run than pass blockers, which is a slight concern, but they can be totally dominating in the run game. This year, the Eagles drafted Cam Jurgens in the second round as the heir apparent to Kelce, and he actually looks like he is going to be really good in his own right too. He is a very athletic guy like Kelce and can really be a factor on the second level like Kelce.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dickerson played center at Alabama his last year, and there was some talk of him maybe playing there down the line...until he lined up at LG next to LT Jordan Mailata. Those two monsters on the left side together immediately excited the Eagles coaches, and I don't think either is moving from those starting positions for a long time, barring injury. Both are better run than pass blockers, which is a slight concern, but they can be totally dominating in the run game. This year, the Eagles drafted Cam Jurgens in the second round as the heir apparent to Kelce, and he actually looks like he is going to be really good in his own right too. He is a very athletic guy like Kelce and can really be a factor on the second level like Kelce.
Chris Jones is going to be a bear to handle but I’m encouraged because of the balance in this line. They can work a plan for Jones by either running away from him or running at him, ensuring that he gets the double at the point of attack. Even better when they move Chris Jones to end…something I see them doing because of Lane’s groin coupled with the fact that they’ve moved him around to find the weak sister all year. I think they’ll test both Dickerson and Johnson because of their injuries. They may also try and work Seamalu. Seamalu is a legit NFL starter and a good guard but he isn’t as good as the other 4. It will be fun to watch these matchups play out. I don’t see a pathway to an Eagles victory without them being able to rush for 150+ yards so the Eagles OL vs Chiefs front 7 is one of the more important matchups in the contest. The Chiefs don’t necessarily need to win this battle to win the war so to speak either. If they can hold the Birds to like 80-120 yards rushing I don’t think the Eagles will possess the ball enough in keeping Mahomes off the field and shortening the number of possessions he gets a chance to do damage on.

Is it Fucking 6:30 Sunday yet?!?!? Let’s Fucking go!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I am looking for possible advantages too much here, but I think if Mecole Hardman can't play, that's pretty big because the Chiefs offense is otherwise not super explosive vertically. Yes, Kelce can get down the field well for a TE, and MVS is also a deep threat. But that doesn't scare me quite as much, and the Philly secondary may be able to play a bit tighter.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I am looking for possible advantages too much here, but I think if Mecole Hardman can't play, that's pretty big because the Chiefs offense is otherwise not super explosive vertically. Yes, Kelce can get down the field well for a TE, and MVS is also a deep threat. But that doesn't scare me quite as much, and the Philly secondary may be able to play a bit tighter.
Gannon can’t sit in the zone looks that he has employed most of the season. The good news is that this was clearly the early game plan vs the 49ers. In fact, part of the reason why Purdy was hurt was because he held the ball too long on play action because no one was open. If Gannon felt comfortable employing that attack vs the weapons San Fran has (Kittle CMC Deebo Ayiuk) he is likely to employ it vs the Chiefs weapons who are safe I say not as threatening as the Niners weapons. What’s most important to me though is Gannon mixing things up and not becoming predictable. If a QB the quality of Mahomes knows what you’re doing and doesn’t have to adjust, he’s going to pick you apart. They really need to employ some great disguise.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the Chiefs are better without Hardman trying to limp around. Watson and MVS are very inconsistent but when they show up the Chiefs win.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the Chiefs are better without Hardman trying to limp around. Watson and MVS are very inconsistent but when they show up the Chiefs win.
Watson is a PA kid that went to University of Pennsylvania.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I realize Hardman in general is also kind of a huge tease who can flash but also be inconsistent. I'm well aware the Chiefs have remained a very efficient offense, even if it is more methodical now because of the talent. I had Mahomes and Kelce in my $$$ fantasy league this year and wound up winning the whole thing with them.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https%3A%2F%2Fsection215.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F52093233-850x560.jpeg

63e6a73e74055.image.jpg
He has actually aged a lot better than Lincoln. And as far as I know, Lincoln didn't have the stress of any Conference Championship games.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This eagles Oline is right up there with the best. However, I’m with bill self. Chiefs by 10