• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wk 8 Seattle Seahawks vs. Jacksonville Jaguars

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm Holmgren with this offensive talent! :D YES PLEASE! wish we could go back in time and grab the Holmgren from 2000. My god i think this would be one of if not the most explosive and high scoring offense in NFL history with Holmgren here. Hyperbole, Maybe lol We do need a new "offensive identity" and i have stated this before. I am tired of them bringing in New OC but we still see the SAME OFFENSE. Yes they add little wrinkles but it looks like 95% or more the same to me.

One thing is for sure Holmgren can draft Oline talent and hit on some picks unlike what we got now.

hit on online picks that is, he wasn't all that great at drafting anything else. lol
Holmgren caught quite a bit of flack about his GM skills, but he pretty much built the 2005 SB team. Almost that entire core of players were his picks/trades/signings. Of course he had some misses, but they all do. I think Schneider is a strong GM, but he's whiffed on quite a few guys the last several years. The draft is largely a game of failure. He's 73 so it's certainly a big pipe dream, but I definitely think Holmgren could still make hay with Russell, TL, DK, etc. He probably just doesn't have the juice for the HC life anymore though.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on your grand baby, saw you on FB...

• Geno has always been serviceable but shouldn't be a guy that garners multiple starts... It was nice to see him play decent yesterday...
  • Defense definitely looks like it has turned a corner... Our DB's have been playing pretty well the past few games... I love Tre Brown, glad to see him playing well as a rookie with only playing a few games so far...
  • Darrell Taylor was my favorite player drafted last year... Couldn't wait to see him get some PT and he hasn't disappointed any of us... Like you said, he seems to be the only guy to be getting any consistent pressure each game... Dunlap finally showed up yesterday but that wasn't a very good OL we were facing...
  • Trade deadline... I saw that as well... But that same article mentioned that we would be a buyer in the WR market by the trade deadline... I hope that isn't the case... We don't need more WR's , specifically if we have to give up draft picks to get them... Eskridge comes back after the bye week...
  • Pete's been great but I want some fresh blood with a more innovative approach to the game... I look at all these young coaches in the game and they're all innovative w/ unique approaches that fit the current trends in the NFL this day and age... Pete has done tremendous things for our city and team and i'm very grateful for him and his commitment over the years... I just think the game has passed his approach to the game by...
I'm one of the guys that would've purchased them prior to 2020 but now days i'd rather stay home and watch the game on tv and save money, rather than put up with the politics in the state of WA that change week to week...
Yeah, I also think we are good at WR. I feel strongly that Eskridge has a skill set that is perfect for the offense, and hopefully once he is back we stop using Everett on those jet sweeps.

The health restrictions at the stadium plus the team's rough start have combined to take a big bite into the resale market for tickets, in my opinion. For me personally, toward the end of the 2019 season is when it just started to be too much work to go to the games. It's a full day with tailgating, and it just takes a lot out of you if you're doing it right. I also have almost zero interest in giving my money to Seattle these days, and that's a factor as well. I know my political views will never prevail here, but I will always vote with my wallet (and pretty soon with my address).

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been to active the last couple weeks -- first grandbaby entered the world (wow!!) and have been quite busy. Strange season, mostly disappointing of course but my current thoughts:
  • Geno played reasonably well yesterday, but it's been rough for the most part. I think these past few weeks are a good reminder of how valuable an elite QB is just how many roster holes a guy like RW can cover up. Geno = capable backup, a liability as a starter.
  • Has the D turned the corner? They've certainly looked better lately, but it just may be more about how feeble Pitt & Jax are on offense. But they did a good job vs Saints as well, who don't suck. Stiff tests after the bye with GB & AZ.
  • Great to see Darrell Taylor out there yesterday. He seems like more or less the only front 7 dude on the roster who can be counted on for pressure every week.
  • Trade Deadline: I saw an article on 710 this morning mentioning Penny and Collier as possibly being shopped. We wouldn't get anything significant for either player, probably best for all sides if it happens. Bummer that neither player worked out here.
  • I feel pretty strongly it's time for a change at HC. Pete has been great, but I think we need some fresh ideas at the top. He wants to approach the game like we have the LOB in their prime and Lynch running the ball, and it's just not there. What's the point of changing OCs a couple times in 3 years and bringing in a guy like Waldron if you aren't going to embrace it in the gameplan? I felt it was time to move on from Pete after the horrible playoff loss to the Rams, but I got tricked into renewing hope during the off-season when we supposedly brought in the Rams offense. After a half season, I think I'm back to where I was in Jan. If there's an idea in the organization that PC & RW can't co-exist any longer, then it's Russell we need to keep because he's the rare commodity in this marriage. I just can't see us making it any further than we have the last few years with a 1964 approach to offense. In a sim world, I would love to see what Mike Holmgren could do with this group of offensive talent; we have way too much of it to have struggled so frequently this year (and the 2nd half of 2020).
I had trouble giving away tickets to yesterday's game. I had them up for sale for $60 under face value and couldn't move them. Ended up eating 2 seats. Quite a change from years past.
Congrats on your first grandbaby!

Reactions: JMR