• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which young QB entering their second year as starter takes the biggest leap in 2022?

Which young QB entering their second year as starter takes the biggest leap in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think this about Mills? My boy is neck and shoulders above the competition.

E__VJK2UcA4bE_m

E__tTHPUUAc9rkh.jpg

E__dN9lVQAcy0nf.jpg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which years do you want to include them in the conversation? We can retroactively go back and look at it if this is an argument you want to make.
All years. I am consistent unlike yourself and some other Eagles fans here that make up the rules based on the discussion at hand…but you do you…

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no argument about Dak And Wentz.

Dak was and is better period.

He is better now. But obviously you have some years where you want to argue that Dak was better if rushing stats were added.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All years. I am consistent unlike yourself and some other Eagles fans here that make up the rules based on the discussion at hand…but you do you…

Dak was better in 2017?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word. Which is why I said I can't call it far as any previous conversations you n Koy or anyone else had about QBs being rushers and all that entails. I'm not trying to dispute anyone's opinion or co-sign anyone's opinion from those previous conversations. Admittedly I'm beyond late to those conversations and have no say in them whatsoever. What I posted is just my own opinion of the last few years on how a QB's running stats can't be ignored or dismissed. I agree that the goal posts have been moved and it was the correct thing to do so.

You are co-signing my opinion. You don't need to give into their cyber bullying to say otherwise.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are co-signing my opinion. You don't need to give into their cyber bullying to say otherwise.
Heh. No worries on me being cyber-bullied, homey. It just wasn't intent at least as it concerns past discussions I wasn't involved in to say one way or other. Looking at the way things are in the NFL though. You can't dismiss the rushing exploits of a QB today. The next step in the evolutionary stage so to speak is gonna be that QB that can hold up under the punishment a running QB endures compared to a conventional QB. I'm not sure if Lamar @ 6'2" 212 pounds is built for it. Allen on the other hand @ 6'5" 237 pounds certainly looks like he is.

The big issue with Allen is he can't take on being Buffalo's de facto short yardage running back. That's what did Cam in imo and probably knocked 5 to 7 years off his career. Allen may be as big as most LBs in the NFL, but those handful of short yardage n goal line situations every game will saddle him with a lotta unnecessary hits adding up to bumps, bruises n soreness that won't be good for his QBing. its one thing to take on LBs. big ass safeties and the occasional DL in the open field and 1 on 1. Its another to be slamming up in the middle getting hit multiple times by multiple LBs and DL and have them landing on you in pile ups and shit.

Hurts is pretty stout as well @ 6'1" 223 pounds. If he could add another 7 to 10 pounds to his frame and keep his speed n quickness he could be a monster right there with Allen. They both gotta be careful and know when to pick n choose their moments though. And they both have to be able to allow RBs to do the real dirty work in the running game. I thought Jalen made some nice improvements in his passing from 2020 to 2021. If he can keep that up he could be right there with any QB in the NFL when it comes to being a duel threat. I think peeps are sleeping on him somewhat. He seems further along to me passing-wise at this point in his career than Allen did at the same point. That 4 inches in height though is huge.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawerence.

They Focused in OL and getting him more WR help.

What more can you ask for?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Jones the best last year?

Mac Jones 2021 17 games: 3,930 total offensive yards, 22 total TDs, 13 INT, 7.3 YPA
Jalen Hurts 2021 15 games: 3,928 total offensive yards, 26 total TDs, 9 INT, 7.3 YPA

Last year wasn't Hurts' rookie year or his first time starting. He doesn't belong in this discussion of last year's rookie QBs. Nice try trying to troll on Hurts behalf though, lol.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year wasn't Hurts' rookie year or his first time starting. He doesn't belong in this discussion of last year's rookie QBs. Nice try trying to troll on Hurts behalf though, lol.
And this is why I didn't bring up the possibility of him and a sophomore slump, but now that he's the penciled in starter and teams have film, he very well could hit that slump.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was his first season as the starter. His rookie year he was tbe backup and then thrown in to play the last 4 games in a lost season for a team that had mailed it in.

Every other player on that started at least half of their teams games.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was his first season as the starter. His rookie year he was tbe backup and then thrown in to play the last 4 games in a lost season for a team that had mailed it in.

Every other player on that started at least half of their teams games.

He did however have the advantage over all the other guys you listed of a full year with the team and 4 starts going into 2021. Not exactly a fair comparison.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is an interesting question.
The guy I thought did the best last year I figure will again this year, but the way the question is formed. That might just take him out of the running for biggest leap.

So I am gonna go with Zach Wilson who has the room to make the biggest improvement after the dumpster fire of last year.
What he said. Although Zach was a tad better in his last 3 or 4 games

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technical issue: several of the players listed, like Davis Mills and Justin Fields, are technically entering their first years as starters. They only became starters later last year, and have never gone into a season as starters. So we are comparing some apples and oranges.

Of course this is just a Hurts ball-washing thread by the OP, we all know that, but just sayin'

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sticking with my homer pick of Jones, he got a guy to throw to and hopefully the OC* will let him play this year.
* whoever that is.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing about this topic is the other factors that come into play. What defenses they have to face? Or are they in shootout games? Shedule? Does their Oline hold up?
Wilson has likely 10 games or more where he faces a top 12 or so defense. Tough to predict how well the kid does. And let's see how Becton's knee holds up.
And Hurts very likely doesn't have the cakewalk final 10 weeks he had last year. He got pretty exposed when he went to Tampa and faced a good D with an excellent coordinator.
Fields is in a bad spot to succeed, imo. The Bears have a poor roster, lost their best WR, very little draft capital and no money to spend on F.A.s. A new system with new coaching might help but the cupboard is pretty bare.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I dont support that hurts will be the best here, i do support a fair amount of what rtk is saying
What The Hell Just Happened Reaction GIF

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why I didn't bring up the possibility of him and a sophomore slump, but now that he's the penciled in starter and teams have film, he very well could hit that slump.
Imagine if his passing and decision making gets worse?