• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which young QB entering their second year as starter takes the biggest leap in 2022?

Which young QB entering their second year as starter takes the biggest leap in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you know why someone combines RB stats with their QB stats. Because their QB sucks at Quarterbacking. & it is the only way to pump them up.
If the #1 quality of your QB is his rushing ability. You are in trouble.

It shows how productive of a player he is.

Lamar Jackson put up a MVP season with 4,333 total offensive yards, 43 total touchdowns and 6 interceptions. To try to discount it as if it isn't relevant to the player Hurts is at QB is silly.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shows how productive of a player he is.

Lamar Jackson put up a MVP season with 4,333 total offensive yards, 43 total touchdowns and 6 interceptions. To try to discount it as if it isn't relevant to the player Hurts is at QB is silly.
Hurts couldn't hold Lamar Jackson's Jock strap. They are Night & Day different. as a runner or passer & the Ravens still wont get far with Jackson. Imagine how shitty the eagles will be with Hurts. If a Qb cant lead with his arm (& brain) you are doomed to at best mediocracy. Good news for you. I imagine after next year the Eagles will look for a new QB, because he isnt as good as Jackson to flirt with being good.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concerning the question in the OP. I'm not sure. Concerning Hurts. I could see him making a leap in improvement far as his passing goes. Maybe a 2 to 2 1/2 to 1 TD/INT, a .3 or .4 jump in ypa and 65% in pass comp. And if he stays fortunate far as fumbles go, only 4 lost in 18 fumbles. Well, who knows.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll put on my homer hat and say Mac.

The kid showed he has NFL QB talent last year. He was polished going through his progressions. Granted the play book wasn't huge.

The Pats just signed Parker from Miami which gives him a real target he didn't have.

James White is expected to be back at full strength.

Rumors about bringing in Metcalf (I don't see this happening) or OBJ (who I don't really care for) would certainly upgrade the WR Corps.

Look for BB to use some pics on WR and OL.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The kid showed he has NFL QB talent last year. He was polished going through his progressions. Granted the play book wasn't huge.

The Pats just signed Parker from Miami which gives him a real target he didn't have.

Rumors about bringing in Metcalf (I don't see this happening) or OBJ (who I don't really care for) would certainly upgrade the WR Corps.

I think Mac Jones will be the best of these guys next year. But he was the best of the group last year. So kinda makes it hard to have the greatest leap. Although Possible. :noidea:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been awhile since RTK started a thread where he can be wrong a lot about an Eagles player.

Messed up though, he has already embarrassed himself on hurts, I was hoping for a new one.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been awhile since RTK started a thread where he can be wrong a lot about an Eagles player.

Messed up though, he has already embarrassed himself on hurts, I was hoping for a new one.

He certainly likes to play the hits. The dumb shithead can never admit that he was wrong, so he keeps digging himself a deeper hole.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrence, only because he looked like the real deal to me in college, then had such a tough time of it with the Jags last season that there's nowhere to go but up. You guys who follow it closely say they've given him some help this year, so I'll go with him.

Agreed, Urban could not have been a more toxic coach to get for a young QB.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mac Jones will be the best of these guys next year. But he was the best of the group last year. So kinda makes it hard to have the greatest leap. Although Possible. :noidea:
This is why I can't go with Jones or Hurts. I don't think either guy can take a big leap because they are already close to as good as tgey are going to be.
However, I will amend my previous answer to include Zach Wilson. Becton back healthy should help and the Jets as a team should be better. Of course, being the Jets organization, they could just as likely fuck everything up too.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I can't go with Jones or Hurts. I don't think either guy can take a big leap because they are already close to as good as tgey are going to be.
However, I will amend my previous answer to include Zach Wilson. Becton back healthy should help and the Jets as a team should be better. Of course, being the Jets organization, they could just as likely fuck everything up too.
I still think I am the only one to actually vote for Wilson. of course that could just be a Jet thing.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think I am the only one to actually vote for Wilson. of course that could just be a Jet thing.
We saw glimpses from him at times last year but it's hard to say how he develops. The Jets have been so horrible for so long, It's just hard to have any faith in anything they do.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They traded for Parker.....he wasn't a FA.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts couldn't hold Lamar Jackson's Jock strap. They are Night & Day different. as a runner or passer & the Ravens still wont get far with Jackson. Imagine how shitty the eagles will be with Hurts. If a Qb cant lead with his arm (& brain) you are doomed to at best mediocracy. Good news for you. I imagine after next year the Eagles will look for a new QB, because he isnt as good as Jackson to flirt with being good.

Funny how the Ravens with Lamar have already gotten as deep in the playoffs as pure passer Romo ever did. Or with Dak. The book isn't written on Lamar. I woundnt be shocked if the Ravens emerge from the AFC next year.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Dak's rushing TDs never counted for Eagles fans when comparing him to Wentz. Have the goal posts moved again???
This was my first thought was on the post you quoted. I guess running stats don't count for Dallas QBs if it's an Eagle homer.#theghostofPE1

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Dak's rushing TDs never counted for Eagles fans when comparing him to Wentz. Have the goal posts moved again???

What ywar were you trying to compare?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how the Ravens with Lamar have already gotten as deep in the playoffs as pure passer Romo ever did. Or with Dak. The book isn't written on Lamar. I woundnt be shocked if the Ravens emerge from the AFC next year.
yeah Defenses do wonders in playoffs.