• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What will the Seahawks record be in 2022?

What will the Seahawks record be this year?

• More than 10 wins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-7

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 9-8

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 8-9

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 7-10

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 6-11

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • 5-12

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • 4-13

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • 3-14

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • 2-15

• 1-16

• 0-17

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas has us at 5.5 wins right now I believe, which I think sounds about right.

I think the defense could actually be a bit better than most expect, especially if they figure out a way to use Jamal Adams, but there are still a ton of unknowns. How will the defense adjust to a more 3/4 based scheme? Does Darrell Taylor take the next step as a pass rusher? Is Cody Barton and Jordyn Brooks a good ILB tandem? Can Al Woods replicate the success he had last year at 35 years old? Will Poona Ford continue to improve? Does Sidney Jones continue playing as well as he did in the second half of the season? Who emerges as the #2 CB? A lot of questions there.

I don't have much hope for the offense with either Geno or Lock being the starter. I loved our draft and believe Cross/Lucas will be bookend tackles in time, but they're going to likely struggle in their first year adjusting to a pro offense. That doesn't help the offensive line when Gabe Jackson is on the decline and is a cut candidate, Bythe is a replacement level center and Damien Lewis is great at run blocking but struggles in the pass. Dissly is a great run blocker and I'm happy we extended him, Noah Fant has the talent to be a top-10 TE in the NFL, but does it matter if it's Geno or Lock throwing him the ball? Questions for the offense include can Penny stay healthy/play at a level near what he did last year? Does Walker outplay Penny and win a majority of the snaps? Who will emerge as the #3 WR?

If we played in a weaker division, I'd have a bit more hope but the Rams, 49ers and Cardinals are all playoff caliber teams and we have to play each of them twice.

I think we are building a solid base, and we will have a lot of draft capital next year, but I have us going 5-12 this year.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas has us at 5.5 wins right now I believe, which I think sounds about right.

I think the defense could actually be a bit better than most expect, especially if they figure out a way to use Jamal Adams, but there are still a ton of unknowns. How will the defense adjust to a more 3/4 based scheme? Does Darrell Taylor take the next step as a pass rusher? Is Cody Barton and Jordyn Brooks a good ILB tandem? Can Al Woods replicate the success he had last year at 35 years old? Will Poona Ford continue to improve? Does Sidney Jones continue playing as well as he did in the second half of the season? Who emerges as the #2 CB? A lot of questions there.

I don't have much hope for the offense with either Geno or Lock being the starter. I loved our draft and believe Cross/Lucas will be bookend tackles in time, but they're going to likely struggle in their first year adjusting to a pro offense. That doesn't help the offensive line when Gabe Jackson is on the decline and is a cut candidate, Bythe is a replacement level center and Damien Lewis is great at run blocking but struggles in the pass. Dissly is a great run blocker and I'm happy we extended him, Noah Fant has the talent to be a top-10 TE in the NFL, but does it matter if it's Geno or Lock throwing him the ball? Questions for the offense include can Penny stay healthy/play at a level near what he did last year? Does Walker outplay Penny and win a majority of the snaps? Who will emerge as the #3 WR?

If we played in a weaker division, I'd have a bit more hope but the Rams, 49ers and Cardinals are all playoff caliber teams and we have to play each of them twice.

I think we are building a solid base, and we will have a lot of draft capital next year, but I have us going 5-12 this year.
I saw the odds and I would bet the over if I was a gambling man... I feel we will get 2-3 wins w/in our division... We play quite a few teams that aren't very scary as well... Lions, Falcons, Jets, Panthers, Giants, Saints... I think we can win at at least 3-4 of those... I think we'll win 7 - 8 games...

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the odds and I would bet the over if I was a gambling man... I feel we will get 2-3 wins w/in our division... We play quite a few teams that aren't very scary as well... Lions, Falcons, Jets, Panthers, Giants, Saints... I think we can win at at least 3-4 of those... I think we'll win 7 - 8 games...
I'm not sold on San Francisco or Arizona being anything special. I agree about 3 wins in the division and somewhere around 8 wins on the season. They'll get the roadies in Glendale and Santa Clara and beat the 49ers in Seattle. Also think the D will be better than advertised.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on San Francisco or Arizona being anything special. I agree about 3 wins in the division and somewhere around 8 wins on the season. They'll get the roadies in Glendale and Santa Clara and beat the 49ers in Seattle. Also think the D will be better than advertised.
100% agree... I think our defense and running game is going to be huge for us... I also am not high on Zona and SF... I feel we can split with those two teams...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think they win 8 or 9 games, went with 8 because of all the young guys they are counting on.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted 6 but I can see 7. Kind of like the Beast Quake year where Seattle was 7-9 (so I guess 7-10 now). They have some pretty terrible opponents on their schedule and if Penny/Walker can stay healthy and Lucas/Cross don't turn out to be duds (asking a lot here) then the offense should be manageable assuming Geno isn't starting.

I think the defense will actually be decent. I really like Nwosu and Taylor on the edge, you've still got Boye as backup. Ford, Harris, Woods and Jefferson should be fine in a 3-4.... if Adams can stay fuckin' healthy I think Jones/Diggs/Adams and hopefully Woolen can make a very formidable secondary.

That said, a TON of ifs here. It'll be a sloppy year with lots of mistakes, etc. but no question there's talent on this team.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 wins if the qb play is awful.
If somehow lock ends up playing well we could peak at 7 wins.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs aren't very good so 4-13 or worse which is fine.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. Anything above that will be a bonus.

Those that wanted Wilson gone for many years are about to see what that looks like.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Trey Lance is the starting QB for the 49ers, they're fucked. They have an incredible roster, but a QB problem. They shouldn't be trying to unload Jimmy G because IMO he's nothing more than a game manager, but Trey Lance will be a turnover machine.

Maybe I've bought too much into Hard Knocks but I hope/think the Lions will play inspired this year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. Anything above that will be a bonus.

Those that wanted Wilson gone for many years are about to see what that looks like.
Maybe this makes me a shitty fan, but I actually think the best outcome for this team would be to tank and let our younger players get some experience then draft either Bryce Young or C.J. Stroud in the draft.

I think we have a solid young base, but we need a QB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this makes me a shitty fan, but I actually think the best outcome for this team would be to tank and let our younger players get some experience then draft either Bryce Young or C.J. Stroud in the draft.

I think we have a solid young base, but we need a QB.
Yeah root to win while watching and if they lose just remember that loses mean better draft position next year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think they win 8 or 9 games, went with 8 because of all the young guys they are counting on.

Really? You think they'll win more games than last season without Wilson?

You better hope Lock doesn't win the starting job unless you want them in 100% tank mode this season. He wins it and no way will your team get to 8 or 9 W's.

Like I told you before I've watched every game Lock has started or played in. He had every chance to win the starting job in Denver but couldn't. A change of scenery won't change the fact he's isn't starting QB material.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what bad teams do every year
We will have years to get used to this as our routine way of life as Seahawk fans again.

Many forget every draft cycle of hope that THIS will be the year we get that high level QB only to end up with meh.

The idea we just need to hold on until next draft where a Wilson level QB will make it all work again for a SB run ignores how it really works.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You think they'll win more games than last season without Wilson?

You better hope Lock doesn't win the starting job unless you want them in 100% tank mode this season. He wins it and no way will your team get to 8 or 9 W's.

Like I told you before I've watched every game Lock has started or played in. He had every chance to win the starting job in Denver but couldn't. A change of scenery won't change the fact he's isn't starting QB material.
It does seem a tad optimistic but even during Pete's first couple of years here when he completely rebuilt his teams went 7-9 so we'll see.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have years to get used to this as our routine way of life as Seahawk fans again.

Many forget every draft cycle of hope that THIS will be the year we get that high level QB only to end up with meh.

The idea we just need to hold on until next draft where a Wilson level QB will make it all work again for a SB run ignores how it really works.

I get why a lot of fans are convincing themselves that the problem was Russ. Those fans have convinced themselves that the Seahawks are in a better place now than they were last summer. They also seem to think that Russ won't have much impact in Denver.

That just seems wildly optimistic to me.

It seems far more likely that we will muddle through a couple of 5-8 win seasons and then Pete will retire and we will start over.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure and some of those bad teams become good teams.

Some do. Most don't. The Giants move on from Eli and they are now on coach Number 3 and have one of the worst records in the last 5 years. The Jets. The Jags. The Lions. Took the Bills 20 years.