• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What will the Seahawks record be in 2022?

What will the Seahawks record be this year?

• More than 10 wins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-7

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 9-8

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 8-9

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 7-10

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 6-11

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • 5-12

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • 4-13

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • 3-14

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • 2-15

• 1-16

• 0-17

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure wish we had Russell Wilson tonight...

NOT!!!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure wish we had Russell Wilson tonight...

NOT!!!

He definitely didn't look sharp. There may be something to say against sitting all your starters for the entire pre-season. Russ wasn't the only Bronco to have a worse performance than the stats say.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair when they had the Kicker come out I knew our chance of winning went UP not down. Russell didn't fumble the ball 2 times on the 1 or have a false start on a play that was a stand up TD. Lol we caught a break that a Rookie coach pulled the ball out of the best 4th quarter QB's hand. 4th and 5 with how Denver was getting 5+ yards just by falling over all night long, best possible outcome for us was for them to try a 64 yard kick.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair when they had the Kicker come out I knew our chance of winning went UP not down. Russell didn't fumble the ball 2 times on the 1 or have a false start on a play that was a stand up TD. Lol we caught a break that a Rookie coach pulled the ball out of the best 4th quarter QB's hand. 4th and 5 with how Denver was getting 5+ yards just by falling over all night long, best possible outcome for us was for them to try a 64 yard kick.

Agreed... I felt the same way... I was thinking, crap I don't wanna see RW pick up this 4th and 5 because his chance of doing so was very high imo... When they trotted the kicker out I was thinking, "What on earth is their HC doing"...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely didn't look sharp. There may be something to say against sitting all your starters for the entire pre-season. Russ wasn't the only Bronco to have a worse performance than the stats say.
Russell "definitely" didn't look sharp? It wasn't his best game ever or anything, but Denver moved the ball up and down the field nearly the whole game. It's a minor miracle they didn't score 2 more TDs on us at the end of drives when RBs fumbled it away at the GL. 340 yards passing (with 0 turnovers) was the most ever for a Denver QB debut, and it wasn't garbage time yards. The Broncos have some kinks to work out on offense with getting the plays in and clock management (maybe not a great idea in hindsight to have your new QB get zero pre-season snaps), but it's not fair or accurate to say Russell didn't play well. He did. Just not enough to overcome all the mistakes (turnovers & penalties and a horrible decision at the end by his coach) his team made.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Broncos had almost 450 yards of offense last night. They were 8-15 on 3rd downs and punted one time the entire game. They were 1st and goal 3 times and came up with 3 points because of fumbles. The Broncos also had 12 penalties.

The Broncos lost because of screw ups by individual players. None of them were named Russ.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson could have easily put 30 points on us last night. Even more as a false start caused them to Kick a FG after a stand up TD so it could have been 34. This one wasn't Wilsons loss, the HC made sure of that lol.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson could have easily put 30 points on us last night. Even more as a false start caused them to Kick a FG after a stand up TD so it could have been 34. This one wasn't Wilsons loss, the HC made sure of that lol.
For sure... RW didn't play poorly by any means... I feel we wouldn't had been ultra-conservative though had Denver punched one or two more of those into the endzone...

Also to note, RW is fortunate that two of his passes were dropped by the Hawks DB's... He could've had 2 INT's as well - one of them was an easy gift dropped by Bryant in the EZ...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson played fine.... (except 2 plays. One being where he was sacked early on instead of throwing it away, and two being the WTF pass where Diggs should've had INT one).

He threw for nearly 350 yards and didn't make any glaring mistakes... let's stop pretending that if Seattle and Denver squared up multiple times again, Seattle would beat them consistently.

Seattle had plenty of missed tackles, poor run stopping, some coverage issues, and the offense did fuck all in the 2nd half. Denver fumbled twice (which I'll pay credit where credit is due - Seattle FORCED those fumbles, it's not like the runningbacks just dropped em to us from a random hit) in the red zone and then Hackett was a moron. Yes I understand that D 'Dumbass' Metcalf fumbled while struggling for another 3 inches (seriously he needs to stop this) but the implication of the fumbles from Denver were FAR more severe.

Again, Wilson played fine. It was one of those weird fluky games where Denver SHOULD'VE won but didn't. Seattle played with a crazy intensity in the first half which was nowhere to be seen in the second half (after the adrenaline I guess wore off? lol), and to put it bluntly "The ball went their way". That's not to say there weren't positives outside of the win.

What's interesting, is you're paying a QB nearly $250M (if the contract lasts) and you decide to try a field goal that is 2 yards away from the record in an open air stadium as opposed to letting your QB get you closer with 3 timeouts left to gameplan while Seattle's D has been a bit porous in terms of yards allowed? WHAT!? It'll be interesting if Russ starts to have issues with his new head coach.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell "definitely" didn't look sharp? It wasn't his best game ever or anything, but Denver moved the ball up and down the field nearly the whole game. It's a minor miracle they didn't score 2 more TDs on us at the end of drives when RBs fumbled it away at the GL. 340 yards passing (with 0 turnovers) was the most ever for a Denver QB debut, and it wasn't garbage time yards. The Broncos have some kinks to work out on offense with getting the plays in and clock management (maybe not a great idea in hindsight to have your new QB get zero pre-season snaps), but it's not fair or accurate to say Russell didn't play well. He did. Just not enough to overcome all the mistakes (turnovers & penalties and a horrible decision at the end by his coach) his team made.

The Broncos had almost 450 yards of offense last night. They were 8-15 on 3rd downs and punted one time the entire game. They were 1st and goal 3 times and came up with 3 points because of fumbles. The Broncos also had 12 penalties.

The Broncos lost because of screw ups by individual players. None of them were named Russ.

Yes, Russ didn't look sharp (not to be confused with played poorly). He can have an off game and still have a statistically good game. His deep balls were consistently underthrown, he had plenty of balls caught that were off target and the only pass that he consistently put where it was supposed to be was the RB screen. This isn't saying that the loss was Russell's fault - and since I never even insinuated that it was I don't know why flyerhawk even brought that in there. My point was that the coach's decision to sit everyone throughout the preseason didn't really make them more prepared to play.

Not entirely sold that 430 offensive yards was more a production of Denver's offense being that good last night, or Seattle's defense that bad. Missed tackles, bad angles broken assignments. It was all there. Denver blew it a hell of a lot more than Seattle won it. Getting 6 points in 4 trips to the red zone is horrendous.

I thought Geno played his best game I've seen from him last night, but that didn't even move the offensive output of what it is when he starts (17 pts 253 yards vs 20 pts 252 yards). It may have been his best game - but that doesn't mean he didn't spike the ball 4 yards short of a wide open wide receiver that was 8 yards downfield. Denver held the ball 20+ minutes last night - in the second half. The fact it came down to a last minute field goal try (no matter how likely or not it was to be made from 64) is nothing short of a miracle for Seattle.

The offense had a couple of really nice drives, but the second half was a head scratcher. 15 passes to 6 runs, and most of the passes were within 5 yards of the LOS. 44 yards of offense after halftime.

This is the 4th time in 5 years that Seattle has given up 400 yards to their opponents week 1. All the talk about the 3-4, and being more aggressive, I saw an awful lot of 4-3 and the same lackluster 4 man rush.

Seattle came away with a win that by all metrics they should have lost, but it doesn't change how I see the team. They'll have to win games and play well and not just win games because they had a few key big plays. I saw this team as a 6-7 win team, and last night didn't change that (it just felt good to beat Russell). It'll be hard to do better than that when both the offense and the defense are ranked near the bottom of the NFL, like they currently are.

Before everyone has a hissy fit, I saw some great plays yesterday. There were some players that showed some promise for the future. The fact they won a 1 point game where they were dominated everywhere but the score is actually very impressive. I'm really excited to see how some of this plays out with players like Woolen, Nwosu and the like. Seattle is also facing a 9ers team that may be in just as bad a spot as they are and it's good to get them before they've fully gelled and benched Lance.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Russ didn't look sharp (not to be confused with played poorly). He can have an off game and still have a statistically good game. His deep balls were consistently underthrown, he had plenty of balls caught that were off target and the only pass that he consistently put where it was supposed to be was the RB screen. This isn't saying that the loss was Russell's fault - and since I never even insinuated that it was I don't know why flyerhawk even brought that in there. My point was that the coach's decision to sit everyone throughout the preseason didn't really make them more prepared to play.

Not entirely sold that 430 offensive yards was more a production of Denver's offense being that good last night, or Seattle's defense that bad. Missed tackles, bad angles broken assignments. It was all there. Denver blew it a hell of a lot more than Seattle won it. Getting 6 points in 4 trips to the red zone is horrendous.

I thought Geno played his best game I've seen from him last night, but that didn't even move the offensive output of what it is when he starts (17 pts 253 yards vs 20 pts 252 yards). It may have been his best game - but that doesn't mean he didn't spike the ball 4 yards short of a wide open wide receiver that was 8 yards downfield. Denver held the ball 20+ minutes last night - in the second half. The fact it came down to a last minute field goal try (no matter how likely or not it was to be made from 64) is nothing short of a miracle for Seattle.

The offense had a couple of really nice drives, but the second half was a head scratcher. 15 passes to 6 runs, and most of the passes were within 5 yards of the LOS. 44 yards of offense after halftime.

This is the 4th time in 5 years that Seattle has given up 400 yards to their opponents week 1. All the talk about the 3-4, and being more aggressive, I saw an awful lot of 4-3 and the same lackluster 4 man rush.

Seattle came away with a win that by all metrics they should have lost, but it doesn't change how I see the team. They'll have to win games and play well and not just win games because they had a few key big plays. I saw this team as a 6-7 win team, and last night didn't change that (it just felt good to beat Russell). It'll be hard to do better than that when both the offense and the defense are ranked near the bottom of the NFL, like they currently are.

Before everyone has a hissy fit, I saw some great plays yesterday. There were some players that showed some promise for the future. The fact they won a 1 point game where they were dominated everywhere but the score is actually very impressive. I'm really excited to see how some of this plays out with players like Woolen, Nwosu and the like. Seattle is also facing a 9ers team that may be in just as bad a spot as they are and it's good to get them before they've fully gelled and benched Lance.

Pretty much agree with everything you say here. Sorry if I misinferred that you were suggesting that Russ was a cause of the Broncos loss.

On the plus side we had 4 rookies playing their first career games last night. Bryant was the only one who really failed. Woolen's 1st PI was a tough call. He had good coverage and he just needs to learn to turn his head a bit earlier. Otherwise a pretty good performance against 2 good WRs. The 2 tackles both played pretty well especially considering it was their 1st game. I could see Russ thinking to himself "Where was this protection when I was there". LOL

But when it is all said and done, the team still has too many flaws. Especially at QB, the pass rush, and the secondary. Pete's style, for good or bad, is likely to keep the team in games and they will win a few they probably shouldn't. I still see them as a 7-9 win team.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Hawks are not built to play a real 3-4. They don't have the studs they need on the DL in the middle. Ford is a good 4-3 DT but not a 3-4 DT, None of our DT are even close to being what you want in a 3-4. You need those big guys the space eaters that clog everything up with more talent and athletic ability than a Al Woods. When we get into that true 3-4 look Denver had zero issues running the ball down our throats.

Also a 3-4 puts a lot on your Linebackers, they have to be fast flowing quick at recognition and we got young players out our ass in the linebacker room. Hawks need to draft some linebackers next draft thankfully they will have the capital to do just that in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. The talent drop after brooks as a true Linebacker is noticeable, even Brooks needs to improve as he was late on all his run reads all night for the most part. For the amount of speed on our defense in the linebackers and CB/S I was a little disappointed at their ability to react.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not interested in splitting hairs...saying someone definitely didn't look sharp is generally taken as you think they didn't play well. That's what you say when someone has a sub-par performance, not when they play "good" but not perfect.

I do agree that it doesn't like a good move when you have a brand new QB and a brand new coach to decide not to give your front line starters a single pre-season rep together. Denver's offense was challenged way too often to get organized and snap the ball before the play clock hit 0.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not interested in splitting hairs...saying someone definitely didn't look sharp is generally taken as you think they didn't play well. That's what you say when someone has a sub-par performance, not when they play "good" but not perfect.

Not interested in doing something that you proceed to do... Hmmm....

Just because you took it the way you took it doesn't mean you understand the way the word is used. Sharp, accurate, crisp, precise. He definitely was not any of those words, no matter if his stats look good. He sailed short passes and under threw deep ones. Had Wilson looked like the QB who has been then best deep ball thrower the last 4-5 years then Denver may not have needed to worry about 2 fumbles at the goal line.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying someone wasn't playing sharp or didn't look sharp doesn't mean they played badly. It could mean they didn't play as well as they can or should. There is a difference here. Some times when I would come back from a Baseball/Football game I would say " I wasn't sharp today" but I wasn't saying I played badly, just that I felt I wasn't playing my best. When I say "I was sharp today" that means I was on it and locked in (Played well).

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You think they'll win more games than last season without Wilson?

You better hope Lock doesn't win the starting job unless you want them in 100% tank mode this season. He wins it and no way will your team get to 8 or 9 W's.

Like I told you before I've watched every game Lock has started or played in. He had every chance to win the starting job in Denver but couldn't. A change of scenery won't change the fact he's isn't starting QB material.
So far, it looks like that's going to be the case... Lucky for us, Carroll already had his guy on the roster before acquiring Lock in a trade...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, it looks like that's going to be the case... Lucky for us, Carroll already had his guy on the roster before acquiring Lock in a trade...

Geno is playing some damn good ball this season. Don't think many expected that outta him. Is he the favorite right now for comeback POY?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno is playing some damn good ball this season. Don't think many expected that outta him. Is he the favorite right now for comeback POY?

If he plays like this all year he is a mortal lock for comeback POY.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will happily admit that I've never been this wrong about a Seattle sports team in my life.

Geno Smith has played like a top-10, if not top-5 QB. I now feel like a complete idiot for rattling off 30 something QBs I thought were better than him.

Seeing the offense that the Seahawks are running, how well Geno is doing and seeing Russ struggle now really makes me think that the Seahawks knew Russ so well that they knew how to game plan for all of his strengths and weaknesses.

I keep waiting for Geno to play like the QB he was last year and in the preseason, but now I'm convinced he's legit and were just running an incredibly conservative game through the air.

It's nice seeing the Seahawks being able to run quick passes and attack over the middle which they never really did with Russ.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will happily admit that I've never been this wrong about a Seattle sports team in my life.

Geno Smith has played like a top-10, if not top-5 QB. I now feel like a complete idiot for rattling off 30 something QBs I thought were better than him.

Seeing the offense that the Seahawks are running, how well Geno is doing and seeing Russ struggle now really makes me think that the Seahawks knew Russ so well that they knew how to game plan for all of his strengths and weaknesses.

I keep waiting for Geno to play like the QB he was last year and in the preseason, but now I'm convinced he's legit and were just running an incredibly conservative game through the air.

It's nice seeing the Seahawks being able to run quick passes and attack over the middle which they never really did with Russ.
I also love their creativity on offense... Sunday they ran a play where Geno was in motion like he was communicating to the linemen and then they hiked it directly to K. Walker resulting in a 1st down...

Another play Geno faked the hand off to Walker and then tossed it to our TE resulting in a 4 yard gain for another 1st down...