• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What will the Seahawks record be in 2022?

What will the Seahawks record be this year?

• More than 10 wins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-7

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 9-8

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 8-9

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 7-10

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 6-11

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • 5-12

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • 4-13

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • 3-14

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • 2-15

• 1-16

• 0-17

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013 - 104.7
2015 - 118.6
2020- 109.6

I cannot confirm nor deny the numbers thrown around in the links, but I do remember him being very highly rated in the pocket despite everyone thinking he was only a running QB.

Thank you i knew i couldn't have been the only one that remembered this. Thank you for finding the sauce.

Yeah Wilson did not need to run around to be successful but when they fired Bevell they just never found a competent OC since. They are still looking. I also feel like losing Norton completely will hurt this defense because i think he is one of the best Linebacker coaches in the NFL. Look at the play our Linebackers had under him. You can't ignore the fact that KJ was a pure taught LB that was the smartest player on the field. He did it with smarts and coaching where bobby did it with ability and coaching. Lets see what happens at linebacker with out Norton, i think many of you wont like what you see.

Broke my heart when i heard KJ had no interest in coaching.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013 - 104.7
2015 - 118.6
2020- 109.6

I cannot confirm nor deny the numbers thrown around in the links, but I do remember him being very highly rated in the pocket despite everyone thinking he was only a running QB.
RW leaves the pocket if there is even a hint of a pass rush getting to him ( if he is able) so when he stayed in the pocket he wasn't feeling the pressure. No doubting his arm, he got a cannon and can throw with a touch to boot. He doesn't have good footwork in the pocket, tends to look at rushers rather then going to the next target, throws long to often, and hates throwing to the middle of the field. This is IMO.

Lets see how it goes for him in Denver

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you i knew i couldn't have been the only one that remembered this. Thank you for finding the sauce.

Yeah Wilson did not need to run around to be successful but when they fired Bevell they just never found a competent OC since. They are still looking. I also feel like losing Norton completely will hurt this defense because i think he is one of the best Linebacker coaches in the NFL. Look at the play our Linebackers had under him. You can't ignore the fact that KJ was a pure taught LB that was the smartest player on the field. He did it with smarts and coaching where bobby did it with ability and coaching. Lets see what happens at linebacker with out Norton, i think many of you wont like what you see.

It's also possible that Pete stepped on every OC we had.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW leaves the pocket if there is even a hint of a pass rush getting to him ( if he is able) so when he stayed in the pocket he wasn't feeling the pressure. No doubting his arm, he got a cannon and can throw with a touch to boot. He doesn't have good footwork in the pocket, tends to look at rushers rather then going to the next target, throws long to often, and hates throwing to the middle of the field. This is IMO.

Lets see how it goes for him in Denver

I've been more than aware of Russell's short comings for years, so what's the point?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Lock could not even beat Geno. LOL. The Seahawks are fucked. We've now come full circle. Geno Smith = Tavaris Jackson (RIP) Part Deux. I originally had the Seahawks at 6-11 this year. After yesterday, I'll have to downgrade them to 3-14. I guess that is Okay. Maybe they can get Stroud or Bryce Young in the '23 draft.

But here is a thought. If Carroll really wanted to give Lock a decent chance to prove he is worthy of the starting job, wouldn't he have given him the team's top passing targets to work with?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Lock could not even beat Geno. LOL. The Seahawks are fucked. We've now come full circle. Geno Smith = Tavaris Jackson (RIP) Part Deux. I originally had the Seahawks at 6-11 this year. After yesterday, I'll have to downgrade them to 3-14. I guess that is Okay. Maybe they can get Stroud or Bryce Young in the '23 draft.

Geno couldn't even be Tarvaris. Jackson at least beat 2 top 10 defenses in 2011 (as well as #15 & #17) while Geno-led offense came away with 750 yards against an average #17 defense (and that was high because NO was fourth).

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. We threw away the season when we traded Russ. IMO keeping PC means we are likely going to be mediocre for a long time
I would assume that if this team wins at least 4 games we're going to see Pete back next year. If the struggles continue in 2023 I'd expect Pete to either "retire" or be fired. Vegas has us at 5.5 wins, which I think is about right. If the Seahawks do much worse than that, then I could see them possibly moving on.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But here is a thought. If Carroll really wanted to give Lock a decent chance to prove he is worthy of the starting job, wouldn't he have given him the team's top passing targets to work with?
I'm officially titling Geno Smith "The Plague 2.0."

I think the reason why Pete went with Geno is because he's too much of a pussy to take a chance on a big play and possibly turn the ball over. I want to rip my hair out every time Geno sees something downfield, steps up to throw then just holds on to the ball.

I don't hold Drew Lock in very high regard, but at least he has a much higher ceiling than Geno.

Ironically, Smith reminds me of Tarvaris Jackson. Looks hesitant to throw the ball beyond 10 yards. On the bright side, Michael Dickson has a good chance of setting a record for most punt yardage in a season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm officially titling Geno Smith "The Plague 2.0."

I think the reason why Pete went with Geno is because he's too much of a pussy to take a chance on a big play and possibly turn the ball over. I want to rip my hair out every time Geno sees something downfield, steps up to throw then just holds on to the ball.

I don't hold Drew Lock in very high regard, but at least he has a much higher ceiling than Geno.

Ironically, Smith reminds me of Tarvaris Jackson. Looks hesitant to throw the ball beyond 10 yards. On the bright side, Michael Dickson has a good chance of setting a record for most punt yardage in a season.

Geno is a Pete kinda guy. Low risk. Try to make plays with his feet. Occassionally make a big play but pretty rarely.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno is a Pete kinda guy. Low risk. Try to make plays with his feet. Occassionally make a big play but pretty rarely.
Going to be a long season.

I feel for Metcalf and Lockett. They're both so tremendous at making plays down field, but I doubt they're going to get many opportunities.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Lock as the starter, but I think it comes down too the fact both are mediocre so go with the one who less likely to turn the ball over. Personally I would of gone with Lock and try to drum into his head DO NOT TURN THE BALL OVER.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Lock as the starter, but I think it comes down too the fact both are mediocre so go with the one who less likely to turn the ball over. Personally I would of gone with Lock and try to drum into his head DO NOT TURN THE BALL OVER.

I think Lock just needs time to settle down. He has had a rough 2 years after a solid rookie season that was cut short because of injury. He just needs time to settle in and learn which he will only get on the field. Right now Lock and Geno to me are pretty much the same Level of QB other than Geno has time in this offense.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Geno is Geno, Lock will certainly get a shot to start some games this year.

IMO though, who cares? I'm so looking forward to watching guys not named Drew or Geno play and improve this year. That's where my attention will be the majority of the time. Our young defenders should get plenty of on the job experience with how much they'll be on the field.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Geno is Geno, Lock will certainly get a shot to start some games this year.

IMO though, who cares? I'm so looking forward to watching guys not named Drew or Geno play and improve this year. That's where my attention will be the majority of the time. Our young defenders should get plenty of on the job experience with how much they'll be on the field.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if both Geno and Lock wind up with 6+ starts.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised in the least if both Geno and Lock wind up with 6+ starts.
I think it's actually a pretty good bet. Geno will last probably the first 4-6 and then we'll give Lock a shot, then he'll probably play poorly enough (but I sure hope I'm wrong) that PC will want to go back to Geno to see if we can finish the season in a way that gives us <false> hope for the future....or serve some outside chance of a wildcard run if we aren't mathematically eliminated by week 12.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's actually a pretty good bet. Geno will last probably the first 4-6 and then we'll give Lock a shot, then he'll probably play poorly enough (but I sure hope I'm wrong) that PC will want to go back to Geno to see if we can finish the season in a way that gives us <false> hope for the future....or serve some outside chance of a wildcard run if we aren't mathematically eliminated by week 12.

Yup. It's all very depressing to me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler Murray is nowhere near the level of RW. Yes there will be QBs not getting the money that Watson got but any QB in the top 5 to 7 range knows the Watson deal is the starting point and that is where RW slides in.

So about that Wilson refusing to take less guaranteed than Watson? He took a whole heck of a lot less and even less than I thought he would end up taking. Throw in even the final overall money was about $8 million less than most were predicting per year.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its 8 million less only if you include his two existing years, he $49m per which is about 1m less than I expected.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its 8 million less only if you include his two existing years, he $49m per which is about 1m less than I expected.

How can you take out those 2-years though. This is essentially just an extension so those 2 years are a part of the deal.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the extension is 5 years 49m per.