• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What will the Seahawks record be in 2022?

What will the Seahawks record be this year?

• More than 10 wins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-7

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 9-8

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 8-9

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 7-10

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 6-11

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • 5-12

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • 4-13

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • 3-14

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • 2-15

• 1-16

• 0-17

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So about that Wilson refusing to take less guaranteed than Watson? He took a whole heck of a lot less and even less than I thought he would end up taking. Throw in even the final overall money was about $8 million less than most were predicting per year.
2nd highest at 49mil per year and he won't restructure. I will say I was surprised he got less up front.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So about that Wilson refusing to take less guaranteed than Watson? He took a whole heck of a lot less and even less than I thought he would end up taking. Throw in even the final overall money was about $8 million less than most were predicting per year.

LMAO

Wilsons contract is the third-most lucrative contract in NFL history in terms of guaranteed money, behind only Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson's $230 million and Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray's $189.5 million.

That's not taking less he is costing MORE now than he was before. This is about what I expected he would get paid, not like he said Pay me 25 mill a year i'm cool with that. It's only 1 million PER YEAR short of the 50 million I expected him to ask for. Now when you have to sign other players like say a WR where contracts have BLOATED to stupid levels things become very much a issue. Wilson counts for 24.8% of Denver's Cap number. ONE PLAYER out of 53. He is making 24 million this year and 27 million next year off his OLD contract before the new one kicks in at 49 million. He got DOUBLE the money how is that taking a pay cut? lol

I stated Wilson doesn't take pay cuts in this thread and this contract proves that point.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised his guaranteed money wasn't higher TBH. Think Broncos got the honeymoon deal, but still a huge contract with lots of guaranteed money.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd highest at 49mil per year and he won't restructure. I will say I was surprised he got less up front.

That isn't the actual case though. This is an extension. So that means you can't just throw out those other two years still left on his deal. They are a part of this new contract. Heck his cap hit for this year and next year have already been lowered because of this new deal. So this is a 7-year/$296 million contract. That would mean $42.3 million per year if he played the entirety of the contract. Yes the $245 million is in new money, but again you can't just throw out two years that he is actually getting paid.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO

Wilsons contract is the third-most lucrative contract in NFL history in terms of guaranteed money, behind only Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson's $230 million and Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray's $189.5 million.

That's not taking less he is costing MORE now than he was before. This is about what I expected he would get paid, not like he said Pay me 25 mill a year i'm cool with that. It's only 1 million PER YEAR short of the 50 million I expected him to ask for. Now when you have to sign other players like say a WR where contracts have BLOATED to stupid levels things become very much a issue. Wilson counts for 24.8% of Denver's Cap number. ONE PLAYER out of 53. He is making 24 million this year and 27 million next year off his OLD contract before the new one kicks in at 49 million. He got DOUBLE the money how is that taking a pay cut? lol

I stated Wilson doesn't take pay cuts in this thread and this contract proves that point.

This does not prove your point. You told me that the Watson contract was the starting point of the contract negotiations and that there is no way Wilson would take less guaranteed money than Watson. That was far from being true. You laughed when I said $180 million is where I saw him coming in for guaranteed money. Heck he took less than the point where you started laughing.

Throw in obviously you have not read his actual contract. They re-worked the first two years of this 7-year deal. His actual cap hit this year is $17 million with next year being $22 million. The third year of the deal he is still only at $35.4 million. So only 7.7% of the cap this year and an estimated 9.8% next season. Obviously hard to know exactly where the cap is going to come in.

So again maybe wait for the details of the contract to come out before mouthing off like this when obviously you have not seen the details of the contract and just started guessing on what was a part of it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised his guaranteed money wasn't higher TBH. Think Broncos got the honeymoon deal, but still a huge contract with lots of guaranteed money.

Don't get me wrong it is still a big contract for sure. I was just thinking Wilson had all the leverage in this situation. Broncos already made the huge trade pretty much guaranteeing that they had to pay him big money. He could have demanded the moon and instead took on a per year basis only the 6th highest QB deal, 3rd highest guarantee deal, and even gave the Broncos some outs only 3-years into the deal if things do not work out. So I would agree this is that nice honeymoon deal and part of the reason it was so important to get this deal done this offseason compared to waiting for next year or the year after that.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This does not prove your point. You told me that the Watson contract was the starting point of the contract negotiations and that there is no way Wilson would take less guaranteed money than Watson. That was far from being true. You laughed when I said $180 million is where I saw him coming in for guaranteed money. Heck he took less than the point where you started laughing.

Throw in obviously you have not read his actual contract. They re-worked the first two years of this 7-year deal. His actual cap hit this year is $17 million with next year being $22 million. The third year of the deal he is still only at $35.4 million. So only 7.7% of the cap this year and an estimated 9.8% next season. Obviously hard to know exactly where the cap is going to come in.

So again maybe wait for the details of the contract to come out before mouthing off like this when obviously you have not seen the details of the contract and just started guessing on what was a part of it.

I never said that you are mistaken. you said "but gives the Broncos some wiggle room to re-do his deal down the road when they need to work on the cap." Thats what I was talking about when i said good luck with that. He wont rework his deal to free up cap space. you guys were on the books for 24 million then 27 mill it now jumps to 48 million in 2 years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that you are mistaken. you said "but gives the Broncos some wiggle room to re-do his deal down the road when they need to work on the cap." Thats what I was talking about when i said good luck with that. He wont rework his deal to free up cap space. you guys were on the books for 24 million then 27 mill it now jumps to 48 million in 2 years.

But that is the problem. You want to skip over the first 2-years of the deal and not view them as part of this. The reality is they are completely a part of this deal. Broncos re-worked the first two years of this deal. His cap hit was at $24 million for this year. Broncos lowered his base salary this year and next to get some lower cap hits and allow the Broncos to make some moves for the roster. His cap hit now is $17 million for this season and $22 million for next. So again you can't throw those two years out.

As for whether he is willing to re-work his deal later on we will have to see. You laughed at the idea that he would take less than Watson on guaranteed money. Well he ended up taking a lot less. So maybe this is a different Wilson with the Broncos than he was with the Seahawks. He also at this point in his career has more money than he knows what to do with. Now could be the time he is worried much more about legacy than contracts. He could have demanded for the next 2-years to be scrapped and demanded $50 million per year if not more and Broncos would have had to pay because he had all the leverage going into this. Instead he chose to take a deal just north of $42 million per year. Still a big contract, but nothing that handcuffs the team from making other moves. Throw in his first 3-years of the deal the cap hits are very low giving them a really nice 3-year window and then outs after that built into the contract.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Wilson is looking at it any way other than 49m per.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Wilson is looking at it any way other than 49m per.

He can look at however he wants, but the facts are in the details of what the contract actually is.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that is the problem. You want to skip over the first 2-years of the deal and not view them as part of this.

You mean the last 2 years of his Seahawks contract? No I am not skipping those as Seattle was on the hook for the Bonus money cap hit which was spread out over the length of the contract as far as Cap hit goes. When Wilson went to Denver his cap hit was reduced because Denver did not have to pay his "Signing" bonus of a contract he was all ready on and had all ready received payment of. So no Wilson did not take less but someone is trying to tell you that to make you feel better. LMAO No matter how you want to spin it Wilson's contract from "DENVER" hits for 49 Million a year once it goes into effect. 28 million was Wilsons Cap hit in his final year ( 2023 ) on the Hawks, it's 28 million in the final year BEFORE his new contract kicks in. Then explodes to 49 million per year average.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the last 2 years of his Seahawks contract? No I am not skipping those as Seattle was on the hook for the Bonus money cap hit which was spread out over the length of the contract as far as Cap hit goes. When Wilson went to Denver his cap hit was reduced because Denver did not have to pay his "Signing" bonus of a contract he was all ready on and had all ready received payment of. So no Wilson did not take less but someone is trying to tell you that to make you feel better. LMAO No matter how you want to spin it Wilson's contract from "DENVER" hits for 49 Million a year once it goes into effect. 28 million was Wilsons Cap hit in his final year ( 2023 ) on the Hawks, it's 28 million in the final year BEFORE his new contract kicks in. Then explodes to 49 million per year average.

Again they even redid those years though. They turned most of his base salary into signing bonus so you can't say those are Seattle years when they look nothing like the Seattle deal.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again they even redid those years though. They turned most of his base salary into signing bonus so you can't say those are Seattle years when they look nothing like the Seattle deal.
Look nothing like them? WTF haha

let me explain to you seeing as you are blinded by Russ love. Russell's cap hit for the Hawks was 28 million for "this year" But it was 24million salary and a portion of his signing bonus that was spread out over the length of his contract that made it 28 million. They removed some money and put it on the End of the contract.

Tell us you know nothing about Wilsons previous contract with out actually telling us lol. It's Ok don't be mad. I don't know what Denver players cap numbers are either why would you even have a clue what Wilsons was before he was a Bronco. lol

Now you might be thinking "why would they stretch the truth?" thats easy, it's to make the fans feel like he did something special for you all when in fact it's a business not some fantasy football and you all are paying over 53 million PER year in 4 out of those 5 seasons.

the breakdown
2024 35.4m
2025 55.4m
2026 58.4m
2027 53.4m
2028 54.4m

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look nothing like them? WTF haha

let me explain to you seeing as you are blinded by Russ love. Russell's cap hit for the Hawks was 28 million for "this year" But it was 24million salary and a portion of his signing bonus that was spread out over the length of his contract that made it 28 million. They removed some money and put it on the End of the contract.

Tell us you know nothing about Wilsons previous contract with out actually telling us lol. It's Ok don't be mad. I don't know what Denver players cap numbers are either why would you even have a clue what Wilsons was before he was a Bronco. lol

Now you might be thinking "why would they stretch the truth?" thats easy, it's to make the fans feel like he did something special for you all when in fact it's a business not some fantasy football and you all are paying over 53 million PER year in 4 out of those 5 seasons.

the breakdown
2024 35.4m
2025 55.4m
2026 58.4m
2027 53.4m
2028 54.4m
Ok tell me you have no clue about contracts without telling me you have no clue. Broncos when they traded for Wilson took on the money left on the contract that was not signing bonus. So essentially all that was left of base salary and roster bonus. It was supposed to be a $24 million hit this year. That was his base salary/roster bonus before the deal that just happened. Guess what that is no longer his base salary. They re-worked the two years left on his contract to lower his cap hit this year and next. This is not rocket science.

His base salary went from $19 million this year to $2 million. How is that not a change on his contract? He also went from no bonus to $10 million signing bonus for this season (cap hit wise) and a $5 million roster bonus making his new cap hit $17 million. So you tell me how in the world is this still the Seahawks contract when it looks nothing like it?

They did the same for next year as well. So completely different numbers but yeah this is still the Seahawks deal somehow.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok tell me you have no clue about contracts without telling me you have no clue. Broncos when they traded for Wilson took on the money left on the contract that was not signing bonus. So essentially all that was left of base salary and roster bonus. It was supposed to be a $24 million hit this year. That was his base salary/roster bonus before the deal that just happened. Guess what that is no longer his base salary. They re-worked the two years left on his contract to lower his cap hit this year and next. This is not rocket science.

His base salary went from $19 million this year to $2 million. How is that not a change on his contract? He also went from no bonus to $10 million signing bonus for this season (cap hit wise) and a $5 million roster bonus making his new cap hit $17 million. So you tell me how in the world is this still the Seahawks contract when it looks nothing like it?

They did the same for next year as well. So completely different numbers but yeah this is still the Seahawks deal somehow.

LMAO you are a dork and completely blind, Reworked doesn't mean removed. Like I stated here lol, it's ok I know you are excited to have our franchise QB and all but calm down.
They removed some money and put it on the End of the contract.

But thanks for showing me you don't understand how contracts work. I'll take it slower for you next time. Like I stated and you ignored, his base salary was all ready lower for you guys because you had no prorated signing bonus to worry about, I stated that but you ignored it ( blind or stupid? Maybe both?)

and because you missed it the last time.
the breakdown ( REAL COST OF WILSONS CONTRACT )
2024 35.4m
2025 55.4m
2026 58.4m
2027 53.4m
2028 54.4m

Also now if you add those numbers up from 2024 to 2028 he averages 51.4M per year lmao. The only "break" they got was moving money to the end of the contract that's not a break that's a postponement, It still has to be paid. :L

I 100% believe in Karma and you are killing it haha

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO you are a dork and completely blind, Reworked doesn't mean removed. Like I stated here lol, it's ok I know you are excited to have our franchise QB and all but calm down.

But thanks for showing me you don't understand how contracts work. I'll take it slower for you next time. Like I stated and you ignored, his base salary was all ready lower for you guys because you had no prorated signing bonus to worry about, I stated that but you ignored it ( blind or stupid? Maybe both?)

and because you missed it the last time.
the breakdown ( REAL COST OF WILSONS CONTRACT )
2024 35.4m
2025 55.4m
2026 58.4m
2027 53.4m
2028 54.4m

Also now if you add those numbers up from 2024 to 2028 he averages 51.4M per year lmao. The only "break" they got was moving money to the end of the contract that's not a break that's a postponement, It still has to be paid. :L

I 100% believe in Karma and you are killing it haha

Again this is not an understanding of how these contracts work. You are looking at the big numbers and being amazed by them and being blinded by the truth of the contract. First off the last two years of the deal the guarantees run out. So those are pretty much add on years to make the contract look more bloated and great for Wilson than it really is. The odds of Wilson actually seeing the money on the last 2-years of this deal are slim to none. His contract will once again either be re-worked or that is the point where he begins his decline and the Broncos can cut him.

And again the first two years of the deal still matter when looking at the overall deal. You can't just ignore them like you keep trying to do. They matter when looking at everything because in big part they take up a good chunk of the signing bonus type money.

The reality of this deal is it is closer to being a 5-year/$188.2 million type deal (cap hit for the first 5-years). Or about $37.6 million per year. That is what his cap hit average will be over the first 5-years of this deal. At that point again the contract will be redone kind of like the Broncos getting this deal done 2-years in advance before he has a chance to hit the market. Wilson will want guarantees built into his contract at that point and the Broncos will want lower cap hits. More likely what happens is after year 3 of the deal the two sides come back to the table to figure something out allowing Wilson to get those guarantees built into the last part of this contract and the Broncos again getting that cap space. This is why you cannot throw out those first two years of the deal because they set up the contract to be easily redone moving forward.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again this is not an understanding of how these contracts work. You are looking at the big numbers and being amazed by them and being blinded by the truth of the contract. First off the last two years of the deal the guarantees run out. So those are pretty much add on years to make the contract look more bloated and great for Wilson than it really is. The odds of Wilson actually seeing the money on the last 2-years of this deal are slim to none. His contract will once again either be re-worked or that is the point where he begins his decline and the Broncos can cut him.

And again the first two years of the deal still matter when looking at the overall deal. You can't just ignore them like you keep trying to do. They matter when looking at everything because in big part they take up a good chunk of the signing bonus type money.

The reality of this deal is it is closer to being a 5-year/$188.2 million type deal (cap hit for the first 5-years). Or about $37.6 million per year. That is what his cap hit average will be over the first 5-years of this deal. At that point again the contract will be redone kind of like the Broncos getting this deal done 2-years in advance before he has a chance to hit the market. Wilson will want guarantees built into his contract at that point and the Broncos will want lower cap hits. More likely what happens is after year 3 of the deal the two sides come back to the table to figure something out allowing Wilson to get those guarantees built into the last part of this contract and the Broncos again getting that cap space. This is why you cannot throw out those first two years of the deal because they set up the contract to be easily redone moving forward.

so now you are ignoring years saying they wont happen to satisfy yourself LMAO! Typical Donkey fan. Real numbers not made up ones in your head my friend. Move along. When you start moving the sticks to match your wanted outcome then you are no longer living in reality.

Lol your last post showed me you been watching football for maybe 5 to 8 years.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't the actual case though. This is an extension. So that means you can't just throw out those other two years still left on his deal. They are a part of this new contract. Heck his cap hit for this year and next year have already been lowered because of this new deal. So this is a 7-year/$296 million contract. That would mean $42.3 million per year if he played the entirety of the contract. Yes the $245 million is in new money, but again you can't just throw out two years that he is actually getting paid.
I'm didn't consider his final 2 yrs cause that's already done. I'm looking at his new current deal that starts in '24 but if you want to go with the 2 signed years to fit the 42.3mil narrative then have at it. You're cap hit jumps 18 mil in 2yrs and then good luck after.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm didn't consider his final 2 yrs cause that's already done. I'm looking at his new current deal that starts in '24 but if you want to go with the 2 signed years to fit the 42.3mil narrative then have at it. You're cap hit jumps 18 mil in 2yrs and then good luck after.

The part that you are missing here though is a big chunk of the signing bonus cap hits happen in the first two years of this deal now that were not there before. Gives the Broncos and Wilson some wiggle room in future years. I highly doubt the cap hits you see right now will still be the cap hits that actually happen. If in years 4 and 5 of this deal I am wrong then I will be more than willing to come back and say you were right. But I can't see that being the case. It was the same with the Mahomes contract that everyone freaked out about. They designed the contract so that they could re-do future years and make it work just fine.

Heck Tom Brady took some discounts but at the same time he always set up his contract to keep getting redone and moving big cap hits to later years. It is why they had so much dead money when he did leave because they kept pushing it back. Yes eventually it does come due but the longer you wait the larger the cap gets and the easier it is to deal with.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part that you are missing here though is a big chunk of the signing bonus cap hits happen in the first two years of this deal now that were not there before. Gives the Broncos and Wilson some wiggle room in future years. I highly doubt the cap hits you see right now will still be the cap hits that actually happen. If in years 4 and 5 of this deal I am wrong then I will be more than willing to come back and say you were right. But I can't see that being the case. It was the same with the Mahomes contract that everyone freaked out about. They designed the contract so that they could re-do future years and make it work just fine.

Heck Tom Brady took some discounts but at the same time he always set up his contract to keep getting redone and moving big cap hits to later years. It is why they had so much dead money when he did leave because they kept pushing it back. Yes eventually it does come due but the longer you wait the larger the cap gets and the easier it is to deal with.

The extension is whatever. I really don't consider it a major factor in the trade. The first 2 years are fairly low, and the 3rd year is higher but the cap will be much higher by that point.... and then there's the potential out if things really go bad. Seattle would've done the same extension had they wished to keep him.

I don't care at this point since the contract has nothing to do with Seattle. It really boils down to the trade and whether Wilson is going to give the Broncos a shot at anything or whether he's regressing at this point. Obviously Pete/John felt Wilson really wasn't the answer (hence the proposed trade to the Browns to snag Josh Allen which I 100% believe since Schneider was there on his pro day and the no trade clause was negotiated shortly after) and didn't wish to resign him.

That's really what matters in this instance. Was the trade worthwhile or not? Majority all say YES now because Wilson is a future HOFer and the Broncos FINALLY have a QB, but some are saying no because of his unwillingness to adapt to a pocket QB/quick pass game and his mobility/agility which extends plays appears to be on the decline.

It's one of those trades that if the Broncos go on to win a Super Bowl in the next 2 years everyone will call Pete/John stupid. It's also one of those trades that if the Broncos just stay mediocre (like 10 wins) and Seattle assembles a new team, everyone will call the Broncos stupid. I will (and have) go on record saying I think it's the later, but that's definitely against the majority opinion (I get people will say I'm biased - but I've also watched almost every game of Wilson from day 1 and think his stock is not as high as everyone thinks - at least right now).

All said, enjoy destroying Seattle in a couple days. I just think Denver has too much going right now for Seattle to overcome. Seattle is just too young and starting too many rookies - just no chance. It'll be an emotional game. If Seattle somehow does beat Denver or it comes RIGHT down to the wire, OH BOY will the articles fly on Tuesday.