• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What will the Seahawks record be in 2022?

What will the Seahawks record be this year?

• More than 10 wins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-7

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 9-8

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 8-9

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 7-10

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 6-11

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • 5-12

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • 4-13

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • 3-14

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • 2-15

• 1-16

• 0-17

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certain that they have no plans to get rid of Pete or John.

What I said was that if the team truly sucks and is a 1-4 win team then there will be a ton of pressure on Jodi to make a change.

Furthermore, I don't believe for one second that Pete thinks this is a 1-4 win team. In fact, I bet he thinks this is a playoff contending team. I think it is entirely possible that he promised Jodi that the Hawks would be a competitive team this year even without Russ. Obviously that is all speculation but I think it is grounded is reasonable suppositions.
CJ Stroud would look great in a hawks uni, if that were the payoff I dont think fans would mind.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell that to Jaguars fans.
Urban Meyers didn't work out to well, so they fired him and going with another jag at HC. Pun intended.IMO RW wasn't going to resign, he's going to get over paid and his game is declining. So trading him while he still had good trade value makes sense. Hopefully the Seahawks hit on the capitol they receive for him.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyers didn't work out to well, so they fired him and going with another jag at HC. Pun intended.IMO RW wasn't going to resign, he's going to get over paid and his game is declining. So trading him while he still had good trade value makes sense. Hopefully the Seahawks hit on the capitol they receive for him.

We've been over this. You see it this way. I see it from the "you don't trade a HoF caliber in his early 30s".

If Russ is on the downslope of his career then you are 100% right. If Russ is still a top tier QB for the next few years and gets the Broncos to a championship game or Super Bowl, then I'm probably right.

Trading elite players for draft picks is how you win titles. The whole point of draft picks is to get elite players. Very few draft picks turn into elite players.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect very little from Geno or Drew but it's not like they are that much worse than 10-15 other QBs in the league.

We have the Falcons, Lions, Giants, Saints, and Jets on our schedule.
I guess we differ a bit on Lock and Geno.

I think there are 30 QBs I'd take over either of them. In no particular order; Tom Brady, Matt Stafford, Justin Herbert, Aaron Rodgers, Dak Prescott, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Kirk Cousins, Russell Wilson, Derek Carr, Kyler Murray, Carson Wentz, Matt Ryan, Mac Jones, Lamar Jackson, Jimmy G, Jared Goff, Ryan Tannehill, Baker Mayfield, Tua, Trevor Lawrence, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields and Gardner Minshew are all better than Lock and Geno, and I'm probably forgetting a few.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been over this. You see it this way. I see it from the "you don't trade a HoF caliber in his early 30s".

If Russ is on the downslope of his career then you are 100% right. If Russ is still a top tier QB for the next few years and gets the Broncos to a championship game or Super Bowl, then I'm probably right.

Trading elite players for draft picks is how you win titles. The whole point of draft picks is to get elite players. Very few draft picks turn int
Nobody wanted Russ traded but had to be done since he wasn't going to take the FO's contact extension which rumored was going to be highest contract in the league

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we have and likely will many other times as the season progresses.
Na. Russ is gone and thinking of what could have been if he stayed is pointless. It's a throw away season for a chance at a top pick and that's all that matters

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wanted Russ traded but had to be done since he wasn't going to take the FO's contact extension which rumored was going to be highest contract in the league
I did, started talking about it years ago.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we differ a bit on Lock and Geno.

I think there are 30 QBs I'd take over either of them. In no particular order; Tom Brady, Matt Stafford, Justin Herbert, Aaron Rodgers, Dak Prescott, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Kirk Cousins, Russell Wilson, Derek Carr, Kyler Murray, Carson Wentz, Matt Ryan, Mac Jones, Lamar Jackson, Jimmy G, Jared Goff, Ryan Tannehill, Baker Mayfield, Tua, Trevor Lawrence, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields and Gardner Minshew are all better than Lock and Geno, and I'm probably forgetting a few.

Jared Goff? Danny Dimes? Zack Wilson? Whoever the QB is for the Falcons? Whoever the QB is for the Texans? Trevor Lawrence was not good last year. Justin fields has shown nothing. Carson Wentz can't keep a job. Whoever the QB is for the Saints?

My point isn't that Geno or Lock are any good. My point is that most NFL QBs are capable of similar play. The good ones are the ones who play well in crunch time.

We will lose most games against the god QBs even when the Hawks are playing well. But we will win our fair share of games against those not good QBs

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Na. Russ is gone and thinking of what could have been if he stayed is pointless. It's a throw away season for a chance at a top pick and that's all that matters
Nothing like throwing away a season for a lottery ticket

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Goff? Danny Dimes? Zack Wilson? Whoever the QB is for the Falcons? Whoever the QB is for the Texans? Trevor Lawrence was not good last year. Justin fields has shown nothing. Carson Wentz can't keep a job. Whoever the QB is for the Saints?

My point isn't that Geno or Lock are any good. My point is that most NFL QBs are capable of similar play. The good ones are the ones who play well in crunch time.

We will lose most games against the god QBs even when the Hawks are playing well. But we will win our fair share of games against those not good QBs
Jared Goff I actually think isn't as bad as people make him out to be. I didn't list either Daniel Jones or Zach Wilson but you can argue they have higher ceilings and may do better than both Geno and Lock. I haven't followed the Falcons but I'd assume Mariota will be the starter, who I'd also take over Lock or Geno, but that's again me thinking Mariota is better than his career has gone. Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields haven't been good, but I still think they have high ceilings. Wentz can't keep a job, just like Geno and Lock but he's still better.

I think we agree on Lock and Geno but I disagree that they're going to be any better than the bottom tier QBs we play because Geno and Lock are also in that bottom tier. If the team exceeds my expectations, I doubt it'll be a result of Lock or Geno. It'll be because the defense figures something out and the run game is strong.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lottery ticket that hasn't paid out in 30 years.
The team won't intentionally tank, that's not in Pete Carroll's nature.

I seem to be in the minority here, but I think there is very little chance the Seahawks make the playoffs. If that's the case, we're better off having higher draft picks.

Is it a lottery ticket? Sure. But finishing with better draft capital gives us better odds in that lottery.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be combative here, but we threw away the season when we traded Russ.

I really do think the Seahawks had a great draft and part of that was the result of the draft picks we received for Russ.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did, started talking about it years ago.
That's true but years ago didn't make any sense with a top 5 to 7 QB playing lights out. Only the last 2 yrs is when the Pete and Russ marriage started to sour and this past off-season was the time to move on with Russ not wanting to come back.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ wasn't resigning so moving him while he has value is the right move. Tanking is the right move and hope that lottery pick comes up aces. There weren't any QBs on the market worth signing that could put this team back in the playoff mix. Sucks to throw away a season but could end up giving us the next great QB.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Goff I actually think isn't as bad as people make him out to be. I didn't list either Daniel Jones or Zach Wilson but you can argue they have higher ceilings and may do better than both Geno and Lock. I haven't followed the Falcons but I'd assume Mariota will be the starter, who I'd also take over Lock or Geno, but that's again me thinking Mariota is better than his career has gone. Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields haven't been good, but I still think they have high ceilings. Wentz can't keep a job, just like Geno and Lock but he's still better.

I think we agree on Lock and Geno but I disagree that they're going to be any better than the bottom tier QBs we play because Geno and Lock are also in that bottom tier. If the team exceeds my expectations, I doubt it'll be a result of Lock or Geno. It'll be because the defense figures something out and the run game is strong.
To be clear it is not so much that Geno or Lock will be better than any of those Qbs so much as the difference doesn't matter

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be combative here, but we threw away the season when we traded Russ.

I really do think the Seahawks had a great draft and part of that was the result of the draft picks we received for Russ.
I agree. We threw away the season when we traded Russ. IMO keeping PC means we are likely going to be mediocre for a long time