• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5: Denver Broncos at New England Patriots

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with the postponement there have been several interesting developments:
  • Both teams appear to get their starting QBs back. I believe this is more of a benefit for the Patriots, but a great experience for Lock if he is in fact able to play.
  • Patriots will get Gilmore back.
  • Broncos may have Fant and Purcell back in the line. I think the question marks around these two will potentially help Denver. The game plan for both teams will change depending on their availability.
  • Both teams have had 2 weeks to prepare and allow the coaching staffs to be creative or over think the situation. I feel this also favors the Patriots.
  • The postponement maybe a galvanizing moment for the Broncos. This team seems to have lacked mental toughness for a while, and I think that shows in the way they have lost some games on the last drive of the game. I am hoping this adversity will expedite the mental toughness of this team. It is, in part, what Vic was brought in to do.
At the end of the day I think the Patriots win, but I would not be shocked to see Denver walk out of Foxborough with a win. This may a turning point in the Fangio era in Denver.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that the Broncos are following all the protocols and Melvin Gordon gets stopped for DUI. Is that a new protocol to prevent Covid? All players must get drunk and drive a vehicle?

C'mon @Draft Crazy, you're professing that the Broncos are perfect and are not breaking any protocols?? The minute they leave practice are they wearing masks and surgical gloves in their cars? Are they wiping down the gloves and steering wheel before getting out and entering their homes? Are their kids being kept at home and wearing masked and hazmat suits all day?

Like I said in another thread.........here in NH on Oct.1st, we had just about gotten Covid near zero. The f*cking leaves started turning colors and more than 3 million peepers just had to come see those beautiful leaves. The filled every available motel and hotel and stopped at fifty different diners and restaurants.

Since October 1, 2020, NH has had 1000+ new cases of Covid. Restaurants from Portsmouth to Lincoln are closing because their employees are testing positive. All because nature makes green leaves change to red, orange, yellow and magenta. If Colorado shows a decline in cases, you guys best lock your back door or the West Coasters will be sneakin' in and bring Covid with them.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not claiming the Broncos are perfect. I am just saying they have done a much better job then the Patriots, and yall keep messing with our lives! Get it right! ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with the postponement there have been several interesting developments:
  • Both teams appear to get their starting QBs back. I believe this is more of a benefit for the Patriots, but a great experience for Lock if he is in fact able to play.
  • Patriots will get Gilmore back.
  • Broncos may have Fant and Purcell back in the line. I think the question marks around these two will potentially help Denver. The game plan for both teams will change depending on their availability.
  • Both teams have had 2 weeks to prepare and allow the coaching staffs to be creative or over think the situation. I feel this also favors the Patriots.
  • The postponement maybe a galvanizing moment for the Broncos. This team seems to have lacked mental toughness for a while, and I think that shows in the way they have lost some games on the last drive of the game. I am hoping this adversity will expedite the mental toughness of this team. It is, in part, what Vic was brought in to do.
At the end of the day I think the Patriots win, but I would not be shocked to see Denver walk out of Foxborough with a win. This may a turning point in the Fangio era in Denver.
Excellent analysis.

I will add one thing - Drew Lock - last season when he returned from injury - played with enthusiasm and moxie. I did not see that aspect of his play when he started this season. I'd like to see the Drew Lock and late season back and if so - the Broncos will win more than their share of games.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that the Broncos are following all the protocols and Melvin Gordon gets stopped for DUI. Is that a new protocol to prevent Covid? All players must get drunk and drive a vehicle?

C'mon @Draft Crazy, you're professing that the Broncos are perfect and are not breaking any protocols?? The minute they leave practice are they wearing masks and surgical gloves in their cars? Are they wiping down the gloves and steering wheel before getting out and entering their homes? Are their kids being kept at home and wearing masked and hazmat suits all day?

Like I said in another thread.........here in NH on Oct.1st, we had just about gotten Covid near zero. The f*cking leaves started turning colors and more than 3 million peepers just had to come see those beautiful leaves. The filled every available motel and hotel and stopped at fifty different diners and restaurants.

Since October 1, 2020, NH has had 1000+ new cases of Covid. Restaurants from Portsmouth to Lincoln are closing because their employees are testing positive. All because nature makes green leaves change to red, orange, yellow and magenta. If Colorado shows a decline in cases, you guys best lock your back door or the West Coasters will be sneakin' in and bring Covid with them.

As of 10/13 - according to this table - Colorado has an infection rate about 4 times higher than New Hampshire or Mass. By that measurement - the Broncos are doing a much better job than the Patriots.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not claiming the Broncos are perfect. I am just saying they have done a much better job then the Patriots, and yall keep messing with our lives! Get it right! ;)
I believe that even when following the protocols people will become infected with COVID. Families still need to go to the store, and have to purchase gas. All it takes is 1 person to be careless and the can infect someone taking the utmost precaution.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoke too soon
Broncos RB coach Test positive

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that even when following the protocols people will become infected with COVID. Families still need to go to the store, and have to purchase gas. All it takes is 1 person to be careless and the can infect someone taking the utmost precaution.
People that take the utmost caution also get it. Of course being careless increases the odds, but I know people who have been exceedingly careful and have caught it.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that lesser known players are making plays but we can’t settle for FG’s all game and expect to win.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good effort so far, but too many FGs, especially when you have a first down just outside the 10.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albert O getting involved. Wait tim we get him going with Fant.

Nice to see Deshawn Williams make a play!

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No TDs considering to offensive production is concerning.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So can we cut Hamilton yet?
Been saying that since last year
Few much better taking deep shots with Clevland
Hamilton adds zero value

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy the shot call on first down up 6 seems odd.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey we did it!!! It doesn’t feel like we won when we did everything in our power to give the game away in the 4th but a win’s a win.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great effort and good win on the road. Some more questionable play calling.

The Defense is playing pretty well. The Offense moved the ball well between the twenties. Need to improve the red zone efficiency next week with KC coming to Denver. Now at 2-3 it starts to get more interesting.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shelby Harris keeps deflecting passes - he is a keeper!

I can't tell the difference between last year's offense and Shumur's offense - on the crackpot scale.

Albert O is going to be very good - should like a fire under Fant's butt and he has been good.

Great game again by Josey Jewell - CB OJ - also had a very good game. Malik Reed also stepped up.

Patrick is a keeper as well.

Not a bad game for Lock - not a good game, but 1st game back - not bad.

Go Broncos!

Last regulation game the Broncos won without a field goal was in 1992 - when the Broncos beat Belichek's Browns.