• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5: Denver Broncos at New England Patriots

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does the league do at the end of the season when they are out of byes? I think this is overly protective of the Patriots.
This is being protective of the league. I would not be surprised if the Bills and Titans game doesn’t happen.

COVID-19 is easily spread, and if the Broncos and Pats play and the Broncos come down with multiple infections the problem has spread from 2 teams to 3. It is in the League’s best interest to play as many games as possible, especially with TV contract expiring soon.

I don’t like that the Pats will benefit from the delay, but the president was set with Titans and Steelers last week. Do you think the league was catering to the Titans?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is being protective of the league. I would not be surprised if the Bills and Titans game doesn’t happen.

COVID-19 is easily spread, and if the Broncos and Pats play and the Broncos come down with multiple infections the problem has spread from 2 teams to 3. It is in the League’s best interest to play as many games as possible, especially with TV contract expiring soon.

I don’t like that the Pats will benefit from the delay, but the president was set with Titans and Steelers last week. Do you think the league was catering to the Titans?
In the case of the Steelers and the Titans - that game was postponed indefinitely - while the Broncos/Patriot's game will be played replacing a regularly scheduled game (with that regularly scheduled game postponed indefinitely). I don't think I'm crazy to believe this is different from the other precedent.

Also - Covid cases are on the rise - it will be worse at the end of the season - where the inequity of these actions will begin to show as the league will have fewer options.

From a Broncos point of view - I don't really give a fig - how it's done, but the Patriots are being catered to by the league.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Always

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the case of the Steelers and the Titans - that game was postponed indefinitely - while the Broncos/Patriot's game will be played replacing a regularly scheduled game (with that regularly scheduled game postponed indefinitely). I don't think I'm crazy to believe this is different from the other precedent.

Also - Covid cases are on the rise - it will be worse at the end of the season - where the inequity of these actions will begin to show as the league will have fewer options.

From a Broncos point of view - I don't really give a fig - how it's done, but the Patriots are being catered to by the league.
I understand your view point but with the postponement his week the Pats were going to have to play a game next week on their bye so someone’s schedule was going to get messed up.

I will be unhappy if this ends up being an early kickoff however.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's play this damn game!

All I had planned for today is watching the game and taking the garbage out......

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you guys think about the whiner comment Fangio made yesterday after the game was postponed to next week?

I know some of the media is blasting him for it but I love it. I think he his trying to set a mindset of his team will play anyone, any where, and at any time. It just doesn’t matter. That is a toughness the Broncos have lacked at times.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fangio has a good point. ;)

Also, Broncos placed Bellamy on IR and signed Jake Rodgers to the active roster.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you guys think about the whiner comment Fangio made yesterday after the game was postponed to next week?

I know some of the media is blasting him for it but I love it. I think he his trying to set a mindset of his team will play anyone, any where, and at any time. It just doesn’t matter. That is a toughness the Broncos have lacked at times.
I read it the same way you did JD.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love the comment. Venting and being frustrated is for us fans. I'd be horrified if our HC was doing it though.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Broncos get to have 2 weeks to prepare for the Patriots. Does this allow some new wrinkles? How many players will be able to return? Cam? Gilmore? Lock? Fant? Jones? Walker? Barron? Attaochu? Bouye?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL says the subject title of this thread is incorrect. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand why this game wasn't at worst played tonight like the Bills/Titans. Probably better for us in the long run on a very short week next week in which would have been the Dolphins, but further proof this seems to be a Patriot thing. Some reason this one really irritates me, there are good and bad things from Denver's side of the game being delayed a week but I am looking more at the "why for X, but not for Z, part"

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL says the subject title of this thread is incorrect. ;)
If I could correct it I would, but much like the NFL and how they are handling this game, somethings are not fixable.
duck hunt laughing GIF

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah- old news but we signed DB Chris Cooper to the PS. Meh!

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Bouye back at practice. Unsure if he will be activated off IR for the Patriots game.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does the league do at the end of the season when they are out of byes? I think this is overly protective of the Patriots.
Cancelling the Titans and Steelers was protecting the Patriots too? Why didn't they protect the Patriots from having to play the Chiefs shorthanded?? That statement makes absolutely no sense.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cancelling the Titans and Steelers was protecting the Patriots too? Why didn't they protect the Patriots from having to play the Chiefs shorthanded?? That statement makes absolutely no sense.
The Titans and Steelers is a collateral issue to what is fair between the Broncos and the Patriots. I keep plugging sooner or later I will make sense.