• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5: Denver Broncos at New England Patriots

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots had one practice in two weeks. Any team afflicted with Covid will suffer the same fate. Facilities must be shut down and 100% disinfected professionally. The NFL is all timing and precision. Patriots had neither.

The Broncos won and Locke managed the game very well. As previously mentioned, being in the red zone four times and inside the ten twice and coming away with field goals is a disaster. You got away with one yesterday, it will not happen again.

Any team that can get through this season without a Covid problem will make the playoffs if they have the core. If they don't and the Patriots show all of their weaknesses yesterday, they are destined for a top ten draft pick in 2021.

Belichick has $32M right now to spend and the Trade Deadline is 4:00 pm on Nov. 3. I wonder if he'll be busy trying to vote or trying to pry Julio Jones from the Falcons.
Gordon is our red zone player as is Fant.

Denver scores a TD or 2 with Gordon and the game is iced by the 4th qtr.

Fant Sutton Hamler Gordon did not play. That’s 4 play makers . I’m not too concerned about the future. Denver right now is learning to win. Denver scored on 6 consecutive drives.

cam looked horrible thats an issue. McD May have run his course in NE.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several things to consider.......................Not one player on the Patriots OL was playing his normal position and three of them were backups or promted from the practice squad. And they lost the backup RT with an ankle.

The Patriots had one practice in two weeks. Any team afflicted with Covid will suffer the same fate. Facilities must be shut down and 100% disinfected professionally. The NFL is all timing and precision. Patriots had neither.

The Broncos won and Locke managed the game very well. As previously mentioned, being in the red zone four times and inside the ten twice and coming away with field goals is a disaster. You got away with one yesterday, it will not happen again.

Any team that can get through this season without a Covid problem will make the playoffs if they have the core. If they don't and the Patriots show all of their weaknesses yesterday, they are destined for a top ten draft pick in 2021.

Belichick has $32M right now to spend and the Trade Deadline is 4:00 pm on Nov. 3. I wonder if he'll be busy trying to vote or trying to pry Julio Jones from the Falcons.
Just one thing to consider....
Billy B and the patriots suck fromunda cheese.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youngest QB to beat Bill in Foxboro

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several things to consider.......................Not one player on the Patriots OL was playing his normal position and three of them were backups or promted from the practice squad. And they lost the backup RT with an ankle.

BigKen, those are all valid points, but you should also consider all the guys Denver was missing.
Von Miller
Jurrell Casey
Cortland Sutton
KJ Hamler
DreMont Jones
AJ Bouye
Noah Fant
Melvin Gordon

Those are the contributors off the top of my head. I know the Patriots had many very good players opt out for the season.

The Titans where sure sharp after a similar practice schedule.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no quick fixes on the trade front that would even remotely help NE right now. They are 1 or 2 players away from being bad right now.

There is no single player that would turn around the offence. The defence didn't really break yesterday but it was only Denver.

NE is miles away from being a serious contender for anything at the moment.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton- once Denver's bitch, always Denver's bitch. Glad they didn't play their backup.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive win yesterday......gotta say I was stunned......

The defense gets most of the credit IMO.....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon, man......there are no excuses. The Pats should have won but they failed to capitalize......and Cam didn't play very well either.....the Broncos defense stepped up and played really well.....

There are going to be more teams interested in Jones, not just the Pats.......I'm sure the Packers are very interested in Jones as are a few other teams......the Pats aren't the only team the Falcons have to negotiate with. And BB is cheap when it comes to trading for talent.....

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio isn’t going to New England and Denver is as banged up as any team in the NFL right now. No excuses.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just terrible. I hope these players are being chewed out. You are now being paid handsomely to catch the ball. Its your life profession. Take it seriously.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, those three passes were beautiful. Catches were horrible.

I'm not as down on Cam as others seem to be. He does have a fragile psyche and Denver has always seemed to be able to get (or stay) in his head. But a few of those "bad plays" were far from his fault. But he'll never tell because he doesn't throw teammates under the bus for the most part.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just terrible. I hope these players are being chewed out. You are now being paid handsomely to catch the ball. Its your life profession. Take it seriously.

In the game of football you don’t get chewed out for dropping a pass. You get more practice at it and focus on certain drills. It’s like a kicker in football you don’t chew them out for missing a field goal. It is mentality thing. You Chew a player out for dropping a pass or missing a field goal it it’s going to get in their head and cause more damage. You chew a player out for missing an assignment or doing something stupid such as a penalty.
When you drop a pass or miss a field goal nobody needs to tell you what you did wrong. You already know what you did wrong. Coaching moments are over mistakes you make, game planning etc. Dropping passes and missing field goals....? Get with your position coach and put the extra time in!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BigKen, those are all valid points, but you should also consider all the guys Denver was missing.
Von Miller
Jurrell Casey
Cortland Sutton
KJ Hamler
DreMont Jones
AJ Bouye
Noah Fant
Melvin Gordon

Those are the contributors off the top of my head. I know the Patriots had many very good players opt out for the season.

The Titans where sure sharp after a similar practice schedule.
The Titan practiced illegally. They had afflicted players practicing.

Your guys were missing, but the ones that you had were able to have multiple practices. How do you think the Bronco would have done without three starting OL and their LT a guy one day off the PS? I know it sounds whiney, but you don't think it's whiney when it's your team.

I'm looking forward to this week against the 49ers. Everyone's back. Practices started Tuesday and went through today. I hoping and expecting a much different Patriots team on the field Sunday.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken- Your team is banged up, our team is banged up. We won. Move on!