• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Thursday- Denver Broncos @ New Orleans Saints

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that Nix does a great job not taking unnecessary hits. Jayden Daniels is having an incredible rookie season but I do worry about his ability to hold up long-term with how often he tries to get those extra yards at the expense of his own body.

As for the game...obviously when you win by 3 TD's your team has done a great job. I don't care about the injuries on the other side. Not like the Broncos have been the healthiest lately and had some guys just coming off IR trying to get their sea legs under them as well. Nice thing is with this 10-day break and those players getting some work the Broncos are looking really healthy heading into the meat of our schedule.

Have to give it to the defense in this one especially Barton for such an incredible showing. Pressure galore from the front-4 and the back end even without Surtain looked much more ready this time around compared to the Chargers game where they looked lost once Surtain went down.

Offensively Nix still has a long ways to go. I do like that they mixed in some called QB runs. Makes even when defenses load up the box the run game something that can still have success. And talking about success Forsyth has probably won the job moving forward because of his ability in the run game to get to the second level. A lot of our long run plays were in part because Forsyth got to a spot that Wattenburg just cannot get to.

Also good to see Vele and Franklin both making an impact. If this team is going to be playoff bound it will because a couple of those young weapons step up. Nix absolutely has to improve as this game should have been an even bigger blow out if he doesn't miss some of those throws and then even a few of the completed ones could have been bigger if he was on target and didn't make players have to reach for a pass. I expect though as he gets more comfortable this will become less and less of an issue.

Thing is Bo you can tell he is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than a 2nd round QB . He will get there . He can be a HOFQ . I no longer am worried he will get this . I love he stays away from getting hit .. that will serve him well latter on .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is Bo you can tell he is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than a 2nd round QB . He will get there . He can be a HOFQ . I no longer am worried he will get this . I love he stays away from getting hit .. that will serve him well latter on .

I think he will be fine. I'm not sure what level he will eventually get to, but I do think he will be starter quality. The question for this season is how soon does he get to that level? If he can even just be an average QB this year while having a top-3 OL, top-10 rushing attack, top-3 defense, and a top-3 special teams then the Broncos can be a very dangerous team. If he stays in that 25-32 range though tough to make the playoffs.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be fine. I'm not sure what level he will eventually get to, but I do think he will be starter quality. The question for this season is how soon does he get to that level? If he can even just be an average QB this year while having a top-3 OL, top-10 rushing attack, top-3 defense, and a top-3 special teams then the Broncos can be a very dangerous team. If he stays in that 25-32 range though tough to make the playoffs.

Well He has gotten better each game so there is hope.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well He has gotten better each game so there is hope.

I wouldn't say it has been a linear growth pattern. The Chargers game was a rough one to watch with him. Got it together in the 4th quarter, but I think some of that is a combo of them letting him loose and the Chargers playing a little more conservative on defense.

You are right though from week 1 to where he is today is night and day. Just a lot to still clean up. Still about 4-5 throws a game that just do not look good and another about 4-5 missed opportunities where he doesn't pull the trigger or takes the layup instead of the game changing 3.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nix has gotten better but he is still missing the same types of passing plays game in and game out. That to me is concerning, but given that it is only 7 games I am not overly concerned. If he continues that trend throughout the year we won't make the playoffs though and I will still have concerns going into next year.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say it has been a linear growth pattern. The Chargers game was a rough one to watch with him. Got it together in the 4th quarter, but I think some of that is a combo of them letting him loose and the Chargers playing a little more conservative on defense.

You are right though from week 1 to where he is today is night and day. Just a lot to still clean up. Still about 4-5 throws a game that just do not look good and another about 4-5 missed opportunities where he doesn't pull the trigger or takes the layup instead of the game changing 3.

We was told he had no arm and he was at his ceiling ...It is safe to say he can get better . he is growing and I can tell he is going to get way better with more reps

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 0 worry from the Charger game . let Bo be Bo you paid(12 pick) a price to get him . let him win the game . we waited to long in that game.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nix has gotten better but he is still missing the same types of passing plays game in and game out. That to me is concerning, but given that it is only 7 games I am not overly concerned. If he continues that trend throughout the year we won't make the playoffs though and I will still have concerns going into next year.
I like it - not concerned. The Broncos could be running plays that allow Nix to look good - like any roll out, but Payton is wanting Nix to master a part of the game he didn't have to play in college.

I think can be more productive, but Payton does not think a more productive Nix is perfectly aligned with Bronco success. If the game is in the balance late in the 2nd half - then = you watch - Nix will start rolling out and reverse rolling out - and feel right at home.