• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Johnny Manziel" Superthread

When Will Manziel Be Taken

• Total voters

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team spent a first round pick on a player with the talent of a UDFA. When that player also has a shitty attitude, yes, it's a story.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: work ethic or not, you still need some God given talent. Tebow should of been pissed off at God for not giving him any.

He should be pissed at himself for being bone headed and arrogant. He was offered to switch to TE and would not do it.
Edelman was a college QB who was offered a WR position and his hard work was rewarded with a big payday.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you only care cause your waiting to tell everyone, " see I told you so" if he craps out in the league.

The only ones that should be worried is Brownie Fans since it's their team that rolled the dice on him.

Not a big fan of someone else telling others what they should or should not care about. But since you asked, I care because I am a fan of football and sports in general. I care because I know what it is like to have to put hard work into something to attain goals. This kid has been given an opportunity that most would kill to have, and he acts like he could care less.

I don't like it. Apparently his team doesn't like it either. PR director stepped down. Owner is pissed. Coach has now told him to "tone it down." And teammates are already getting sick of him and speaking out about it. Knowing that, you guys still wanna stick by your stance that he has done nothing wrong?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be pissed at himself for being bone headed and arrogant. He was offered to switch to TE and would not do it.
Edelman was a college QB who was offered a WR position and his hard work was rewarded with a big payday.

As bad as he was at QB, he still had a much better shot of competing as a QB than as a TE. He couldn't run a route, block, or catch any better than he could throw.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big fan of someone else telling others what they should or should not care about. But since you asked, I care because I am a fan of football and sports in general. I care because I know what it is like to have to put hard work into something to attain goals. This kid has been given an opportunity that most would kill to have, and he acts like he could care less.

I don't like it. Apparently his team doesn't like it either. PR director stepped down. Owner is pissed. Coach has now told him to "tone it down." And teammates are already getting sick of him and speaking out about it. Knowing that, you guys still wanna stick by your stance that he has done nothing wrong?

Again it's the Browns problem since there the ones that drafted him! It's not like this was hidden secret when Manzel was being probed for the draft, it was well documented that he lives through social media and has no control of his mouth.

I agree with your point that given an opportunity the kid should keep his head down and shut his yap until he's proven himself as an NFL QB.

Personally I didn't believe he would be a great QB in this league going through the draft, but as others of said prior "let him prove it" so it doesn't shock me that the media is getting sound bits out him this soon.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're an NFL fan then you follow stories from teams other than your own. :L

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media used to not focus on every step these guys make. Plenty of athletes partied their asses off without this much scrutiny. JM, however, is a social media whore and he definitely loves to put the spot light on himself.

Despite all that, I am looking forward to seeing what he can do on an NFL field. He was fun to watch at A&M.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know....maybe it's just me but if I'm trying to win a starting job with an NFL team, I'm the first one in and last one home. I'm going over every frame of every game film we have - twice for division rivals. I'm making notes. I'm going to have all that and the playbook down pat by the time training camp starts. I'm holding practices on my own with my WR's to get the timing down - the way Peyton Manning did when he got to Denver.

If I fail to win the starting job, it's not for lack of effort.

This kid is starting to remind me of Matt Leinart who went to Arizona with that 'BMOC' attitude and was rejected because of it. The vets in the locker room don't care what you did in college. It just doesn't impress them.

I agree with the OP that JM is doing just enough to get by - possibly thinking that he can just go out onto the field and blow everyone away like he did in college.

First, he wasn't that great in college. Let's be honest. A lot of his passes were panic stricken prayers. The windows are a lot smaller in the NFL. You almost never had a receiver wide open down field unless someone blew coverage.

Second, the speed he's relying on to save his skinny ass isn't going to help him at this level. I don't know that he's aware of exactly how much faster the defenses are at this level. We have DE's that can run faster than him. Clowney comes to mind.

Lastly, he's going to one of the toughest divisions in football on the defensive end - the AFCN. Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cincy. Pittsburgh is just 4 years removed from a SB trip, Baltimore 2 years removed from a SB win and Cincy has made the playoffs each of the last three years - and in those cities they depend a lot on defense for their success.

The Browns drafted JM and got the circus that came with him.

Personally, I'd cut him. It's going to be this way as long as he's on the field. He'll be a distraction all year long with his "The world belongs to me, you're just living in it" behavior.

He said he expects to start in week 1. I sure as hell hope he does. We're hosting the Browns in Pittsburgh to open the season. You can believe, mad scientist that he is, Dick LeBeau is cooking something up special for JM.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know....maybe it's just me but if I'm trying to win a starting job with an NFL team, I'm the first one in and last one home. I'm going over every frame of every game film we have - twice for division rivals. I'm making notes. I'm going to have all that and the playbook down pat by the time training camp starts. I'm holding practices on my own with my WR's to get the timing down - the way Peyton Manning did when he got to Denver.

If I fail to win the starting job, it's not for lack of effort.

This kid is starting to remind me of Matt Leinart who went to Arizona with that 'BMOC' attitude and was rejected because of it. The vets in the locker room don't care what you did in college. It just doesn't impress them.

I agree with the OP that JM is doing just enough to get by - possibly thinking that he can just go out onto the field and blow everyone away like he did in college.

First, he wasn't that great in college. Let's be honest. A lot of his passes were panic stricken prayers. The windows are a lot smaller in the NFL. You almost never had a receiver wide open down field unless someone blew coverage.

Second, the speed he's relying on to save his skinny ass isn't going to help him at this level. I don't know that he's aware of exactly how much faster the defenses are at this level. We have DE's that can run faster than him. Clowney comes to mind.

Lastly, he's going to one of the toughest divisions in football on the defensive end - the AFCN. Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cincy. Pittsburgh is just 4 years removed from a SB trip, Baltimore 2 years removed from a SB win and Cincy has made the playoffs each of the last three years - and in those cities they depend a lot on defense for their success.

The Browns drafted JM and got the circus that came with him.

Personally, I'd cut him. It's going to be this way as long as he's on the field. He'll be a distraction all year long with his "The world belongs to me, you're just living in it" behavior.

He said he expects to start in week 1. I sure as hell hope he does. We're hosting the Browns in Pittsburgh to open the season. You can believe, mad scientist that he is, Dick LeBeau is cooking something up special for JM.

Why bother? Play vanilla and you'll win by 50.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he falls flat on his face and pulls his first Ryan Leaf episode we will know what many already think about him.

I know it disappoints you, but he's never going to do that. He's a star and he's going to shit on everyone in his path.

I'm not even a Manziel fanboy, and I can't stand TAMU, but the dude is a fucking monster.

He's the real deal.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Midnight, you're thinly veiled jealousy of TAMU is adorable. She/he just wrote a fucking novel about the kid I'm dead

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Midnight, you're thinly veiled jealousy of TAMU is adorable. She/he just wrote a fucking novel about the kid I'm dead

I think she was pretty much spot on.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can believe, mad scientist that he is, Dick LeBeau is cooking something up special for JM.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully LeBeau doesn't use the recipe he deployed against Tebow in the playoffs a few years ago...

:laugh3:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can believe, mad scientist that he is, Dick LeBeau is cooking something up special for JM.

Hopefully LeBeau doesn't use the recipe he deployed against Tebow in the playoffs a few years ago...

:laugh3:[/QUOTE]

All defenses get beat now and then - I'd still put my money on LeBeau vs. JM any day of the week. If you wouldn't, you're a moron.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All defenses get beat now and then - I'd still put my money on LeBeau vs. JM any day of the week. If you wouldn't, you're a moron.

I look forward to watching the kid play. No one knows what will happen...

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen an athlete make so many grown men act like teenage girls, this is crazy. Are they just jealous? IDK, but the gossiping and judgement is hitting an all time low.

Guess I'm just old school. It takes all kinds of people to make this world turn, and I like seeing a lot of folks find success while being themselves.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you understand football of course. Then you know he doesn't have anything resembling the talent to play.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you understand football of course. Then you know he doesn't have anything resembling the talent to play.

Sure, JDM. Only because you state it with such authority.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's every bit as obvious as Tebow was.