• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Johnny Manziel" Superthread

When Will Manziel Be Taken

• Total voters

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't anybody learn anything with Michael Vick? That small body of Manziel is going to taking the same and perhaps a greater beating than Michael Vick once he starts playing on a regular basis. I suspect Manziel will be spending alot of time injured and that sure is a lot of proud talk for a guy of his fragile stature.

Shouldn't really be news to anyone though that a person with immense natural talent, that has made it to the biggest stage, and in addition plays the most high profile position...has an ego.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't really be news to anyone though that a person with immense natural talent, that has made it to the biggest stage, and in addition plays the most high profile position...has an ego.

In fact, one could argue that you don't make it to that stage without having a bit of an ego. That ego is part of what drives that person to greatness.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely fordman. It is the angst and the unwise ego of youth that often demonstrates its foolishness that nearly everyone in Manziel's position exhibit at one point or another. I was just suggesting that perhaps Manziel should shut his piehole for awhile and behave differently but that may be too much to ask.

And of course if they survive to have a HOF career (which is possible with Manziel if he gets it early on and doesn't do something stupid) we will hear in some future acceptance speech an admittance that they realize what an ass they were. Joe Namath said it and many others past and present reiterated the same message. It is the price we pay as fans to watch the exquisite gifts given to these people and often we wish we had as well.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely fordman. It is the angst and the unwise ego of youth that often demonstrates its foolishness that nearly everyone in Manziel's position exhibit at one point or another. I was just suggesting that perhaps Manziel should shut his piehole for awhile and behave differently but that may be too much to ask.

And of course if they survive to have a HOF career (which is possible with Manziel if he gets it early on and doesn't do something stupid) we will hear in some future acceptance speech an admittance that they realize what an ass they were. Joe Namath said it and many others past and present reiterated the same message. It is the price we pay as fans to watch the exquisite gifts given to these people and often we wish we had as well.

No question, i've said that since he first burst on to the scene.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Manziel plays like Brady Quinn, his antics will be a much bigger deal than if he plays like a competent NFL starting QB.

I don't have a problem with Manziel acting a fool in the offseason. By doing it, he's putting more pressure on himself and if he can live up to the billing, more power to him. If not, he's going to look like a giant clown in a few years.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a second.... Now did Manziel get 8 mil ? I was under the impression the new rookie contracts were lower than this... Did the Browns just screw themselves...?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a second.... Now did Manziel get 8 mil ? I was under the impression the new rookie contracts were lower than this... Did the Browns just screw themselves...?

8 total, not per year. Less than 2.1? No, not that low.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn also spoke out against Tebow because Quinn thought he earned the backup job. Quinn speaking out against a QB who could outperform Quinn without being any good isn't surprising.

As far as lessons and advice, I'd avoid speaking out when being a free agent when teams would be looking at him as a backup or veteran leader backup to a rookie. It looks defensive or jealous, given that Tebow was his teammate and Cleveland his draft team

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn also spoke out against Tebow because Quinn thought he earned the backup job. Quinn speaking out against a QB who could outperform Quinn without being any good isn't surprising.

As far as lessons and advice, I'd avoid speaking out when being a free agent when teams would be looking at him as a backup or veteran leader backup to a rookie. It looks defensive or jealous, given that Tebow was his teammate and Cleveland his draft team

(Ran out of edit time.)

Maybe he wants to be a critic not a backup player? Another link to Tebow: Quinn may want to be what he isn't (still a starter, still on the Bowns, a critic) more than a football player (like Tebow and being a QB over any other position).

No, I'm not a fan of Tebow or Quinn.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a second.... Now did Manziel get 8 mil ? I was under the impression the new rookie contracts were lower than this... Did the Browns just screw themselves...?[/QUOTE

Bortles signed a 4 yr/20 mill contract and sure he wont pretend his bigger stack is a cell phone]

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Manziel Quote

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. If I want to be with my friends during my free time, I have the right. I'm not going to change for anybody, I'm going to enjoy my time off. -Johnny Manziel

Wow talk about sticking your fingers in your ears, stomping your feet and throwing a tantrum. Yes Johnny you do have that right. But you also have the right to want to be special. You think Russel Wilson is out partying in Vegas? do you think Peyton Manning laying on a blowup swan with a bottle of champagne?

Im not a Cleveland fan so I really dont care but man the more I read and see Manziel the more thankful I am for Russel Wilson, who when Johnny "calls it a day" puts in 4 more hours, and when Johnnys "enjoying his off time" he's studying, and doing EXTRA!

Johnny football, more like Johnny "doing just enough to get by"

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only regret is that the Texans didn't take him #1.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. If I want to be with my friends during my free time, I have the right. I'm not going to change for anybody, I'm going to enjoy my time off. -Johnny Manziel

Wow talk about sticking your fingers in your ears, stomping your feet and throwing a tantrum. Yes Johnny you do have that right. But you also have the right to want to be special. You think Russel Wilson is out partying in Vegas? do you think Peyton Manning laying on a blowup swan with a bottle of champagne?

Im not a Cleveland fan so I really dont care but man the more I read and see Manziel the more thankful I am for Russel Wilson, who when Johnny "calls it a day" puts in 4 more hours, and when Johnnys "enjoying his off time" he's studying, and doing EXTRA!

Johnny football, more like Johnny "doing just enough to get by"
Mind blown

BrKWPsfCUAA262r.jpg

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rollseyes:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's right, he's not doing anything wrong.

I saw this interview this morning and I agreed with him. I've never seen an active athlete with so much criticism of his lifestyle (who wasn't some kind of criminal or something), its ridiculous.

Maybe he works out, maybe he doesn't. Odds are he won't, because most dont. But if he does, he won't be the first QB that could play that liked to get his drink on, especially during the off season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is exactly right. Nowadays everything gets blown out of proportion. As long as he performs on the field, who gives a shit. Back in the day they did way worse than this and nobody gave a shit.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he falls flat on his face and pulls his first Ryan Leaf episode we will know what many already think about him.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His attitude doesn't even matter. He could be the most devoted guy in the history of sports and he still wouldn't have a chance in hell of being an NFL QB.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Johnny or the Cleveland Browns but I agree with him on this. Cant say I wouldn't celebrate a little if I just became a millionaire.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Johnny or the Cleveland Browns but I agree with him on this. Cant say I wouldn't celebrate a little if I just became a millionaire.
I would agree if this was some decades ago. The new NFL is a 24/7/ 365 job. For a rookie he should be on that system until he can prove his worth. This is not the era of Joe Namath. We will see with him very soon.