• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Johnny Manziel" Superthread

When Will Manziel Be Taken

• Total voters

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ooh good lord. It's May. It was a holiday.

People are just fucking stupid.

There's no such thing as an NFL player who parties too much? If he parties too much in and isn't any good, then you have to go back and call yourself f'ing stupid. That would only be fair.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
h54139B52

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no such thing as an NFL player who parties too much? If he parties too much in and isn't any good, then you have to go back and call yourself f'ing stupid. That would only be fair.

Not following you. :wtf2:

There is no camp going on. The season is not going on. It's not the playoffs. It's the month of May. Where he goes and what he does is his business. People flipping out are just jealous douchebags. I say this being a person who has no love for JFF. Can't stand him myself but this is just stupid, stupid, stupid.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Not following you. :wtf2:

There is no camp going on. The season is not going on. It's not the playoffs. It's the month of May. Where he goes and what he does is his business. People flipping out are just jealous douchebags. I say this being a person who has no love for JFF. Can't stand him myself but this is just stupid, stupid, stupid.

What I'm implying is that some NFL players party WAY WAY WAY too much, and we don't know who they are because it's not like they give detailed reports of their parties. This is a where-there's-smoke-there-might-be-fire kind of observation.

Of course this is nothing in and of itself. But Johnny Future-Bust has been criticized a lot already for having a Ryan-Leaf kind of mentality. Not all mentalities are created equal.

Rex Grossman received similar criticism for his offseason partying if you were following a decade ago.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of NFL players who party whenever they are not playing football and you don't hear about them. ESPN is just in the midst of the slow season as far as NFL news goes, so they are trying to push TMZ bullshit like this to pass the time.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll ask again. What is the big deal about going on a vacation on a HOLIDAY WEEKEND? Something that w hole lot of people do here. On holidays weekend (unless you have work) you try to get away for those 2 or 3 days. If his name was Teddy Bridgewater nobody would give two shits.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think Johnny is the first qb drafted to ever go away on Memorial Day weekend the year he got drafted?

germanjohn

Splendiferous Puddin' Pop
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is much adu about nothing.

Adu-2.jpg

lol but seriously in response to the thread's OP just leave manziel alone. I don't agree with how he already moved one spot up the DC after 2 days of OTA, but I just view stuff like this as a magnifier of sorts. If he turns out to be a huge hit, it shows how much he is capable of WITH SPARE TIME to go to Las Vegas, as well as the coaching staff's ability to quickly identify and foster young talent. If he's a flop, we can point to actions like this as indicators, as well as the coaching staff's impatience and willingness to ride the media rollercoaster. I personally enjoy just sitting back and enjoying watching everything unfold rather than speculating. It makes good conversational material now, yes, but we can't see the future so I just don't like judging someone until it comes to put-up-or-shut-up time. Then that's when it gets fun :)
:pop2::pop2::pop2::pop2::pop2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, what Johnny Manziel does on a holiday weekend in May will have zero effect on his chances to succeed in the NFL.

Sure going to Vegas gives fans a reason to question his image and his character...but you can't question someone's drive and work ethic based on a weekend they had when it's not even training camp yet.

Whether Manziel succeeds or not will depend on his work ethic to prepare for the season in training camp and his growth and maturation during the season

Now, I will say this though

If I were in Manziel's shoes, I would have kept it low key. And by that, I don't mean sit at home read a book and watch Harry Potter. He could still go out and enjoy himself, but don't do it in a place like Vegas. You're just asking for TMZ and media attention.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, what Johnny Manziel does on a holiday weekend in May will have zero effect on his chances to succeed in the NFL.

Sure going to Vegas gives fans a reason to question his image and his character...but you can't question someone's drive and work ethic based on a weekend they had when it's not even training camp yet.

Whether Manziel succeeds or not will depend on his work ethic to prepare for the season in training camp and his growth and maturation during the season

Now, I will say this though

If I were in Manziel's shoes, I would have kept it low key. And by that, I don't mean sit at home read a book and watch Harry Potter. He could still go out and enjoy himself, but don't do it in a place like Vegas. You're just asking for TMZ and media attention.

That is the problem: He's Johnny Celebrity, not Johnny Football. If Manziel doesn't perform well during training camp or puts up a terrible season, the media will blame wild nights in Vegas.

Like I said before, I have no issue with kids having a good time. But it will be an issue if things don't work out, and he continues his reputation for "doing whatever he wants," it is going to turn into a major issue.

And one of the main reason why the great ones are great is because they put in EXTRA effort. They go beyond attending mandatory practices. They constantly work off the clock. With Manziel, I don't see that. I wish I did.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll ask again. What is the big deal about going on a vacation on a HOLIDAY WEEKEND?

It's a slow news cycle for the NFL. You have to report on something. Manziel, whether he likes it or not, is front page news and will get criticized, both fairly and unfairly.

There's a sense out there, that Manziel isn't willing to put in overtime to be a great QB.

Something that w hole lot of people do here.

Manziel doesn't hold a typical job. He's the new starting QB for a professional sports team. It's his job to be a leader and set an example. He's also behind Hoyer on the depth chart.

On holidays weekend (unless you have work) you try to get away for those 2 or 3 days. If his name was Teddy Bridgewater nobody would give two shits.

It's funny that you mentioned Teddy Bridgewater. It was reported that he spent his Holiday in Minnesota, diving deep into the playbook and learning the Vikings offense.

kylezengel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can still be dedicated to your job and have some fun. No average joe can say he dedicates his COMPLETE TIME to his job so why should it be any different for football players. People can be so hypocritical about this type of situation. I think he will be able to put up decent numbers and later on he could deadly if he got some talented wide receivers to throw to. But for my sake as a Bengals fan, I hope he does turn into the next Ryan Leaf :laugh3:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My view: It is, and could potentially turn into a major deal. Let me first off say, I have no problem with 20ish people wanting to have fun and gamble. That's fine by me. But I am seeing signs of the Ryan Leaf mentality, of somebody who isn't 100% dedicated to his craft and isn't willing to put in extra effort. The NFL is far more complicated than college, and requires a lot of mental intelligence, particularly at the QB position.

The press is hard on Mr. Cleveland, because he has built up his reputation for being a spoiled rich kid and loves to party.

Also, isn't Hoyer ahead of Manziel as far as knowledge of the playbook?

He should be more conscious and keep a low profile. Relax with the instagram. The only reason you would want to draw so much non-football attention to yourself is because you are an egomaniac. This behavior reminds me so much of Matt Leinart when he was drafted by the Cardinals.

A ton of college hype
Drafted by a poor franchise
Was more interested in his social life than professional life
Lacked a solid work ethic

I guess the one good thing about Matt Leinart was it forced the Cardinals to start Kurt Warner. Ever since then, the franchise has made a turn for the better. Maybe the Browns will experience the same thing.

Here's a friendly reminder...
18s3qrofrqdhmjpg.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big deal...it's just further proof that JM is still a kid...needs to learn that he made himself available for the NFL to go to work.

Plenty of time for play once you've gotten established on the job.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can still be dedicated to your job and have some fun. No average joe can say he dedicates his COMPLETE TIME to his job so why should it be any different for football players. People can be so hypocritical about this type of situation. I think he will be able to put up decent numbers and later on he could deadly if he got some talented wide receivers to throw to. But for my sake as a Bengals fan, I hope he does turn into the next Ryan Leaf :laugh3:

Yea, you can, but doesn't it make more sense to get established...I predict JM will make more money outside of football than he will as a starting QB.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big deal...it's just further proof that JM is still a kid...needs to learn that he made himself available for the NFL to go to work.

Plenty of time for play once you've gotten established on the job.

This isn't college anymore. He officially entered into professional.

He does have time to get caught up, but it's a red flag in my book.